Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I view it as the opposite. It gives them incentive to provide top notch quality in order keep people and have them buy their products. A sub based game sometimes seem like it promotes lazy practices (looking at you Blizz with your rehash content).
    Yes, that is true, (fatcat Blizz). Tho, it could also become opposite:

- Should we make this & that feature for the game?
    - Nah, trim it by 90%, cut the bill. It´s a free game, we can insert valuable things in our Expansion.

They could lose motivation somewhere in the "future". And just keep people paying for their Expansion & Micro´s, since it´s B2P. It even feels like they don´t "want" to be top, or in the top MMORPG list. More like it´s a game where you go to when you don´t feel like playing your main game atm.

It´s interesting, it can go bad or good. Only thing "we/I" can do, is to wait for release.

I don't doubt Anet will provide content pre-expansion. What I am curious about is the speed and breathe of added content pre-expansion. Just gotta wait and see.

Deleted
    They were providing content patches between expansions before (including large instances) so I see no reason for them to not follow this path. This is just my speculation, but I foresee:
    - expansions every 7-8 months
    - expansions will include major content addition. New zones, few elite DEs, possibly new PVP mode, expanding WvWvW, new skills/traits and maybe even more races
    - small in between patches. Including dungeons, recipes, traits and of course some vanity/flair stuff

One thing is sure, they will NOT add more powerful items/gear in expansions - that's official. They are thinking about rising the level cap, but that is still being discussed.

I think people are just skeptical considering how many other mmos have been flopped...I see a lot of well 'if they actually do that, it will be awesome..but only if'.

level cap won't change that much things (nothing?) anyway.
    i'll be more interested in new zones/weapons (thus skills)/armor skins/classes in xpacs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    Quite the contrary, GW1 revenue has been funding the entire development of GW2 and has been keeping NCSoft afloat all by itself.
    Sorry, this sounds a bit far fetched. Where did you hear this from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    Sorry, this sounds a bit far fetched. Where did you hear this from?
    I can tell you one thing: he certainly did not get it from NCSoft's financial reports.

I was perusing them the other day, and in any given year the GW1 revenue was a very small portion of NCSoft's incoming money. It was dwarfed by what they collected from Lineage 1 and 2 while Guild Wars was still pretty young, and later was still very minor compared to Aion. I'm think it also made less money than City of Heroes/Villains.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.