Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

CTC Cap & Stamina question

I didn't want to hijack another posters thread on stamina so I created a new one. Forgive me if this is improper. I am only 7/8 normal and a very casual player mind you. That being said, I do want be as good as I possibly can and the same goes for my gear. I was at 103.26 I think and decided to change out some of my gems to increase my health pool. I've had quite a few healers tell me I was incredibly easy to heal.

My question is this. Is it acceptable to replace some Puissant green gems for Solid Ocean Sapphires (sacrificing some avoidance) to where it puts me under the CTC cap unbuffed but I sit at 102.41 with only food buff (after changing gems)?

Here are my stats, and my armory is also linked below.

186,525 HP Unbuffed
    61.33% Block
    17.52 (2590)% Dodge
    17.43 (2615)% Parry

So I sit at 101.28% After the gem changes I made last night.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...avine/advanced
    Last edited by Scinder; 2012-02-15 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Sucking at math today

For ctc assume you have what ever buffs you feel sure you'll have during the raid.

I generally stay in the 101.4 area and use feast rather than mastery food because I'm cheap.

getting CTC without the buffs you know you should/will have, is just a waste.
    Im trying to get as close to 102.4 fully buffed (feast, not mastery food tho) as i can. All other situation is either:
    A: 5man or solo and regarded faceroll
    or
    B: Wrong raiding setup. Kings you can put yourself if needed. And if you raid without any warrior, dk's or shamans or hunter then something is wrong.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzug View Post
    For ctc assume you have what ever buffs you feel sure you'll have during the raid.

I generally stay in the 101.4 area and use feast rather than mastery food because I'm cheap.
    Before I changed some of my gems, I was over the CTC cap (103.26 or something close to that). I replaced some green with blue gems and I now sit at 101.28%. With food buff alone, I am at 102.41.

My question was if this was an accepted practice, or is it better to sit at 102.4 unbuffed, and gem stamina from that point forward as opposed to gemming stamina and replacing the lost avoidance with food/raid buffs.

Its probably a good idea to get yourself to the point where you can be ctc capped with raid buffs, not over with raid buffs. That said, I don't like to account for the food buff, because if you ever die in the middle of the fight and get rezzed, you won't have that food buff. But you absolutely should be aiming for ctc cap with all the buffs you'll have in a raid(kings/horn of winter/mastery elixir/etc), not with unbuffed.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    Its probably a good idea to get yourself to the point where you can be ctc capped with raid buffs, not over with raid buffs. That said, I don't like to account for the food buff, because if you ever die in the middle of the fight and get rezzed, you won't have that food buff. But you absolutely should be aiming for ctc cap with all the buffs you'll have in a raid(kings/horn of winter/mastery elixir/etc), not with unbuffed.
    That's kind of what I thought. I had an inkling that being at or over the cap unbuffed was a waste, but I was not certain. You make a good point about the food buff. I suppose if I keep myself at 101.2 to 101.4, I should be fine after a b-rez and rebuffs.

Thanks