Deleted

Warlocks and enginering

So i decided to skip my tailoring and level enginering and that makes it kinda rough for me so i am trying to reach out for some help.
    I am doing this.

Prepull.. using my chalice. -> swapping my trinkets and popping meta then when they pull i do my normal rotation. But here comes the hard part. I cant use my tinker since it gets a 20 sec cd. Idk how to solve that. And when should i use my tinker in the fights. Just when i need to refresh my bod?
    Since i dont want this to be a dps loss to switch to enginering.
    So if someone that has enginering could help me out would be great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aumi View Post
    So i decided to skip my tailoring and level enginering and that makes it kinda rough for me so i am trying to reach out for some help.
    I am doing this.

Prepull.. using my chalice. -> swapping my trinkets and popping meta then when they pull i do my normal rotation. But here comes the hard part. I cant use my tinker since it gets a 20 sec cd. Idk how to solve that. And when should i use my tinker in the fights. Just when i need to refresh my bod?
    Since i dont want this to be a dps loss to switch to enginering.
    So if someone that has enginering could help me out would be great.
    Sooo... why did you switch to engineering? Sorry, I know I'm not answering your question. Just seems like you're trying to eat the cake and keep it at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aumi View Post

Prepull.. using my chalice. -> swapping my trinkets and popping meta then when they pull i do my normal rotation.
    Hopefully you mean popping meta then swapping trinkets. MWC was hotfixed to have the buff go away if you remove the trinket long ago. You'd have to pop chalice > pop meta > change trinkets > combat. iirc, last time this idea was brought up, many thought it was a huge waste to pre-pop meta before pulls.

Again, like Ignom, I know it doesn't answer your question, I just don't do engineering on any of my 3 toons so idfk about it.

This is where playing demo with MWC and engineering becomes a problem. Easy solution: level a different profession or drop MWC. Or just deal with the suboptimal profession in the mean time while you wait for a trinket to replace MWC with.

I dropped engineering in firelands because the glove enchant clashed with the rune of zeth use for affliction and haven't looked back. Not that it's bad for destro or non-MWC demo, but the hassle just got really annoying to a point where I just got fed up and levelled alchemy instead for the 4 hour flasks and making my own pots :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gracfuldeath View Post
    Hopefully you mean popping meta then swapping trinkets. MWC was hotfixed to have the buff go away if you remove the trinket long ago. You'd have to pop chalice > pop meta > change trinkets > combat. iirc, last time this idea was brought up, many thought it was a huge waste to pre-pop meta before pulls.

Again, like Ignom, I know it doesn't answer your question, I just don't do engineering on any of my 3 toons so idfk about it.
    Using chalice - meta - change trinkets essentially adds 22% more damage to your first meta. And on ultraxion you can pop it 20s before he becomes active, meta at last second and not even have to worry about trinket cds. Worth it.

To the OP - Personally I have found the dps gain for being able to use rocket boots to counteract the few times where you don't get to stack the on use with everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    And on ultraxion you can pop it 20s before he becomes active, meta at last second and not even have to worry about trinket cds. Worth it.

To the OP - Personally I have found the dps gain for being able to use rocket boots to counteract the few times where you don't get to stack the on use with everything.
    I agree with both points here and actually use "/dbm pull 20" as a countdown to boss pull for every fight (aside from spine.) Even if you use a full MWC rotation, it's not that much a loss to use it at the end of Meta, just be sure not to use gloves again if they will put MWC on cd when you need it. Also, don't forget the parachute since it's useful every once and a while on boss fights.
    Using computers to make demons kill dragons: Warlock beta spell WeakAuras here, @OOMM_UI, OOMM@kt-us