Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I don't know - killing Deathwing by attacking his toes on my first try after almost an hour of raiding felt pretty special to me.
    i love you. marry me.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    imo, LFR will just make wow less enjoyable overall.
    say TBC, u were on a good realm, had plenty of options, and the will to go to a25man guild to gear up / be the best u can be

LFD was invented, sure groups and all that were easily formed, but at the cost of the community, and people willing to form their own groups, making it far less social
    it may have caused a spike in the people they gained due it, but the effects are imo, short lived.
    for LFR i think we'll see them on a longer term, i can't imagine many people starting out to join a 25 man guild, put so much time and dedication into it, when u see the exact same content, albeit in a shittier environment with LFR. the only thing that really changes is the loot, and legendaries, but u won't join a guild for just that, since if u join just before the patch, changes u'll be the chosen one for the legendary, are non existant.

I however enjoy LFR, as i don't see myself going to actually raid anymore, LFR does the trick for me
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

10+ Year Old Account
    Can i get banned for talking about Private servers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddycen View Post
    Can i get banned for talking about Private servers?
    I'm gonna say, most likely a warning.

My guild never completed AQ 40 of Naxx 40 back in Vanilla, if the option of a no loot LFR version was around back then just to see the content I would have been in there right away. However with the difficulty (or lack of) with normal modes it isn't that hard to see the content / story these day. I couldn't speak for a casual player though who may not have time to dedicate to raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    The truth is that LFR was really meant to annoy the hardcores so much that they will finally pack up and leave, which thankfully seems to be working very well. Less hardcores = better game.
    Bad troll is bad. And if by some slim small chance you are serious, you're basically saying "Thank god the ones who have actual hand eye coordination and arent complete mouthbreathers like myself that suck at the game are gone, its much better when i can herp to the derp my way to instant gratification".

Quote Originally Posted by therealpeni View Post
    LFD was invented, sure groups and all that were easily formed, but at the cost of the community, and people willing to form their own groups, making it far less social
    it may have caused a spike in the people they gained due it, but the effects are imo, short lived.
    Yeah... except this is a made-up bullshit. There are still guilds, who still do raids, and who *gasp* even do 5-mans together. There are premades for LFD being formed in trade, there are even pug raids. No, what happened with LFG is that players no longer need to group with a douchebag just because he is the only tank available on the server at 7 pm.

---------- Post added 2012-03-04 at 11:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shoukyaku View Post
    Bad troll is bad. And if by some slim small chance you are serious, you're basically saying "Thank god the ones who have actual hand eye coordination and arent complete mouthbreathers like myself that suck at the game are gone, its much better when i can herp to the derp my way to instant gratification".
    I'm not talking about GOOD PLAYERS. Good players are still in wow, and still playing and enjoying the game. I'm talking about "hardcores" aka the annoying assholes who waggle their epeens in eveyones faces and complain about other people having fun. GOOD RIDDANCE.
    Last edited by namelessone; 2012-03-04 at 04:13 PM.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    Whilst the majority of players that do LFR probably are doing it just for the loot, that is still a good thing as it keeps players active in the game. Players without accessible content through which they can advance their characters won't stay subscribed for long, but give them content, even really easy content, and it will keep them playing.

Besides if you took away all the loot from normal and heroic raids or reduced the item levels to match LFR then the majority of raiders wouldn't bother with those raids either, as they too are in it for the loot far more than for the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddycen View Post
    OK, what i don't understand is, those players actually DO NOT want any challenge nor they want to improve their skills, just want EPIC LOOT; from the videos i have seen ,people who play on Private servers get access to any EPIC LOOT OR Legendary weapons without any challenge; so if these players DO NOT want any challenge at all and simply want to tank and spank and kill bosses, why do they even pay $15 months and complain whenever the content gets harder. when there is one easy way to get EPIC LOOT and even Legendary weapons.
    Maybe they just want to show off their stuff by afking in SW ORG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    show off to who exactly? since everyone and their grand mother is able to get loot from LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    What I never understood is why Blizzard keeps nerfing normal and heroic mode for players to "see the content"...
    It's easy enough to understand. Blizzard does it so that guilds keep moving. If progression stops for a raid group for long enough, the group falls apart. Blizzard wants to keep them creeping forward so that doesn't happen.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

LFR is what you make of it. It's that simple. For me, it's a way to raid on all my alts. I have been casual ever since Cataclysm started. Didn't even see a single raid until near the end of Firelands, when my guild had a free spot in a random Bastion of Twilight raid they were running. And then, a few weeks after Dragon Soul came out, my guild had a spot to fill while they were working on Madness. I was asked if I wanted to come in. I said sure. A handful of attempts later, I was with my long-term guild for their first Madness of Deathwing kill. And I sorta kinda just kept getting raid invites after that. Despite having no real upgrades from LFR now except maybe switching my Bottled Wishes for a LFR Cunning of the Cruel, as soon as I started raiding normal DS regularly, I stopped doing LFR DS on my main, despite the fact that I was in mostly 378 gear when I first started.

For me, this game's never been about the loot race/grind. Even when I started raiding DS with my guild, I past on gear for a decently long while so that the guys who have been raiding ever since the start of the expansion could get geared first. I'm just now at a point where my gear is equal with my fellow raiders. Sure, getting that gear is nice, but never a top priority.

So the bottomline is - LFR is a tool to be used however you want to use it. Why is it worth complaining about? Bad players with good gear are still bad players, that's painfully obvious by looking at the damage meters in an LFR, and great, but casual players with halfway decent gear from LFR make average players that raid seriously feel threatened when they're competitive with them, or even beat them, on the meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    ...does that really matter now, with Transmog everybody looks different.

TBH I'm more interested in somebody's custom snazzy Transmog outfit they made instead of seeing somebody decked out in full end-tier gear.

Quote Originally Posted by yakebento View Post
    If they're already 8/8 heroic, then why should they care if it gets nerfed so other people can do it. Why are they even still playing to begin with since they beat the game. People are paying to play a GAME. Normal and heroic mode are a part of that game. Why play a game that you can't beat? Blizzard wants to keep its subscribers who would eventually quit if they keep beating their heads against a brick wall with no results. And the debuffs are removable for those elitists who whine about things like wanting it to be challenging and are tired of facerolling encounters. And who cares if people get the same loot as you? How does that affect you in any way whatsoever? Unless your pvp'ing, it doesn't affect you.
    Just for reference: Like I said in the post you quoted, those two lines after the ":" are not my opinion, merely my interpretation of other people's opinions.

As for the question: Why play a game you can't beat? There's MANY people who want a game that is almost impossible to beat (ever heard of the Demon Souls and Dark Souls games?), and matter of fact is, the MMO crowd mainly consisted of these people back when WoW launched (just take a look at how incredibly "hardcore" MMOs were before WoW's popularity). Hence many people are pissed at stuff being made easier, for they enjoy climbing the Everest more than strolling up a hill

Edit:
    Oh and by the way, the people who HAVE done the content (8/8hc in this case) don't care about nerfs at all! Go and look at ANY interview with people from the "pro" guilds, all of them will say they like it when stuff gets nerfed for easier access. The people who complain about the nerfs are often people who either are really close to a kill, or people who do not raid at all and get their panties in a twist for no good reason.
    Last edited by MestHoop; 2012-03-04 at 04:27 PM.

You do LFR ONCE to see the lore.
    You do it every week for the loot.
    Simple as that.

If there were no loot, or it only existed to "see the content" - there wouldn't be enough people to fill the groups somedays, and EVERY single person in it would be a first timer (ie: GIANT clusterfuck armaggedon.)

I have no idea why this is so hard to see.

And yes, the "regular" content keeps getting nerfed so guilds that WANT to raid that content don't get frustrated and quit, as well.
    Which is, again, completely easy to understand since you don't even actually have to follow the raid mechanics in LFR most times, and it's totally faceroll unless you hit the all newbie crew scenario from above.

And, honestly, if we'd continued through another tier where I had to fight through dozens and dozens of guild apps and interviews, put up with strangers treating me like crap over a video game, and basically have a stressful second job to play a damn game - or decide to not see the content like in Firelands - I would have immediately quit at this point.
    So, I feel like LFR was total genious

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    The truth is that LFR was really meant to annoy the hardcores so much that they will finally pack up and leave, which thankfully seems to be working very well. Less hardcores = better game.
    ...care to explain this? Or were you just going to make irrational assumptions because you're wrapped up in a silly class war?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    I always loved the cry of the bad and or the timeless "we want to SEE the content too!"
    Actually. I want to see the content. I didn't see the Lich King until Cata. My group is presently 5/8 in nDS and have been stuck on Blackhorn for 4 weeks. No we're not great players, but we takes our 2x/week raids seriously. LFR was very helpful to introduce us to the mechanics, and get some gear and set bonuses. Hopefully we'll kill Deathwing within a month, but I think LFR was a great way to introduce players like me to end game content.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    And what the hell does it matter to you anyhow? It is LFR...the lowest skill level of raiding bare soloing old content. ^^
    Soloing anything past Classic is harder than LFR, honestly.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    Just for reference: Like I said in the post you quoted, those two lines after the ":" are not my opinion, merely my interpretation of other people's opinions.

As for the question: Why play a game you can't beat? There's MANY people who want a game that is almost impossible to beat (ever heard of the Demon Souls and Dark Souls games?), and matter of fact is, the MMO crowd mainly consisted of these people back when WoW launched (just take a look at how incredibly "hardcore" MMOs were before WoW's popularity). Hence many people are pissed at stuff being made easier, for they enjoy climbing the Everest more than strolling up a hill

Edit:
    Oh and by the way, the people who HAVE done the content (8/8hc in this case) don't care about nerfs at all! Go and look at ANY interview with people from the "pro" guilds, all of them will say they like it when stuff gets nerfed for easier access. The people who complain about the nerfs are often people who either are really close to a kill, or people who do not raid at all and get their panties in a twist for no good reason.
    You have your hard modes to climb + hard mode achieves. I'll never see those. In MoP you will have challenges. Blizz is accommodating a spectrum of players quite well. You are still elite.

10+ Year Old Account

This Video Sums UP LFR! Replace Heroics with Raids!
    and the funny thing they do get tier 13 from LFR! LOL
    Last edited by Fiddycen; 2012-03-04 at 04:35 PM.