Poll: Is a Student-Teacher love affair OK?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    It's legal. Not really an issue. Sorry.. but.. Old dude goes for young girl..
    C'mon..
    The only thing to be morally offended over is that he's left his job and family. I once knew an 80 year old Arabic man who looked naught passed 40 and who has a wife of 28. There's nothing wrong with an older gentleman pursuing a relationship with a young woman who's above the accepted age of consent.

Oh yeah, and teacher student. We're not living in Ancient Greece.
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2012-03-04 at 11:19 AM.

Deleted
    At least now its down to one question
    Is she legal? Yes. She is legal, relationship is legal. Ethically it can be frowned upon but most people are selective of most things ethically.
    The relationship could be a breach of terms from him being a teacher, but he quit to be with her so its irrelevant. Its like 17yr old and 364days is illegal while 18yr old is legal in that one day has the personal mental and physically completely change to become an adult. NO! They will be exactly the same as they were at 17yr364days. Was he a teacher when the relationship started, if he started the relationship the day after he quit it makes no difference, he is no longer a teacher.

I do find it funny who this incident will be one of those things which will make all parents critical of male teachers, but i believe here there have been more stories of a male student and female teacher than female student and male teacher, and i think people are more fearful of these things happening from male teachers than female teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankercow View Post
    Nothing wrong with that at all... I don't see the big fuss. Obviously people are going to be skeptical, but older men/women get together with younger women/men every day. I don't see the big deal about it.

Maybe they're just jealous that so,e younger guy/gal isn't interested in them .

There's always a fuss with the ethics police always jumping on anything that would get them attention. A quote from SVU kinda sums it up

"An older guy can't just be friends with younger people without being labelled a pervert?"

Hell how do we know that SHE didn't pursue HIM? Everyone always assumes that the guy is at fault.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    God dam old man stealing all the woman damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    It WON'T last. When this kid does eventually break it off with this guy, he is going to feel like such a dumbass for leaving his family for a teen girl. Hopefully his wife doesn't take this piece of garbage back.
    I already see the news story about it happening. I can even see, in my mind's eye, the picture of him looking all nostalgic. In fact, I can even see the meme already. A picture of him in a Freddy Mercury pose with the words "Totally worth it!" under it.

Men are conquerors. Some take risks, some don't, but all of us want to trade-in for a newer model.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    People who think gender makes a difference... fail.
    Except it does, females will almost always be seen as the victim and/or right.

Uh technically it's legal but it's still weird imo. Just as weird as a 30 year old dating and 80 year old, I just cant really fathom what they might have in common being from different generations, but I could be wrong. In the case of teacher/student if they really love each other they could have discussed waiting to bring their relationship into the public until she was out of highschool... I mean if she's 18 it can't be too far off.

Edit: I wish there was a legal but weird option in the poll, as is I'm not voting XD
    Last edited by Vraizan; 2012-03-04 at 05:26 PM.

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

Deleted
    as long as the student is of legal age and it is consensual is ok

Deleted
    That's a lot who only accept it if it's a female teacher. O.o

If they love each other and it doesn't go against any laws i fail to see the problem. However i don't think their relationship will last very long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's the option for "it's okay if they're above 18 and willing"?
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    The fact he left his own child and wife for that girl disturbs me more then the fact he as a 41 male is having a relationship with a 18 year old
    That's what I thought. This sudden 'epiphany' will mark his child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love is never right. It's also never wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    That's what I thought. This sudden 'epiphany' will mark his child.
    Found it quite hilarious when it was mentioned that his daughter was on the same school. Quite disgusting.

If the teacher resigns and the student is of legal age, it's perfectly fine.

In this case I do not agree. From the way it sounds this most likely was going on before the girl turned 18, And honestly even if it didn't I still wouldn't agree because the guy is literally over twice her age. Now if she was in college and was 21 and the teacher was in his late 20's or very early 30's that would be fine and almost normal. But again this situation is not ok on a moral level.

Once the student is over 18 then its completly their choice. I don't believe that anything should be going on before they are 18 though and in this case it seems there was.

Kind of brings up the question as to why being 18 means the person is really more capable of making the decision than if they were 17, but I guess it is the law and if they really like the teacher then the girl can wait to pursue it until she is 18.

I also kind of wonder how people are mentally when they do things like have an affair with someone young enough to be your daughter or old enough to be your dad. The law is the law though so like I said if they are 18+ then let them do what they want and if they aren't then something needs to be done.

I know two couples with a very big age gap (20 years and 30 years), they're happily married (or together), with child, and one of them have been together for 20 years easily now (the other one for 5 years or so - that I'm aware of, it probably went on a lot longer and we never knew). What's wrong with that?

I mean, just because you or I aren't attracted by people much younger than ourselves - I for one cannot look at any guy younger than 20 (and 20 is already quite young) in a sexual way (I'm 25, and interestingly, I'm fine with a 40 year old handsome man). That doesn't mean others can't and if they become happy together then more power to them.

As for teacher-student: the reason it's not legal is because a teacher is in a position of power. And that's simply true. Imagining myself with a teacher at any age younger than 20 - and even now - would put me in a position where the teacher always feels like the dominant one. If however the teacher resigns, the girl is old enough to decide and that's that. Her mother should talk to her girl instead of starting a hate-campaign. Ultimately the "fault" lies with her and the lack of communication with her kid. The fact her daughter moved out just says so much.

Edit: I'd like to stress that gender does NOT matter. There's tons, tons, of boys (and men!) that get (sexually) abused BY females (as well as other men, of course), and do not dare to press charges because of this retarded stigma. Similarly women can and will abuse girls. It's not just men that rape girls, that's not true and any research will show you this. Please stop saying stupid things and start supporting the boys and men who suffered abuse.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2012-03-04 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    That is absolute bullshit and very ignorant. Some people actually love each other when they get married and love each other until they die. Some actually only want that one person in their life, that they love unconditionally.
    While I applaud your wishful thinking, and your over-the-top reaction, I must disagree. Also, not everyone is self-delusional enough to agree with you and call a simple statement "bullshit and very ignorant".

Romantic love (the chemical one with deep roots in lust and human reproductive instinct) is actually a very short stage, usually followed by self-suggestive love (50 year married couples who stay together out of need rather than love, for example)

By your comment, I will understand you're of the female disposition, and therefore, because of different hormonal processes and instincts, really believe in "unconditional love" and "Wanting one person for life". Were you male, you'd see things different. Please notice, tho, that I am in no way making a sexist or misogynistic remark, and feel no need to call your hollywood-esque reply as "bullshit and very ignorant", but stating simple truths: Men all want a younger woman, at some point or another. Some go for it, some don't. But they all have the desire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    It's legal. Not really an issue. Sorry.. but.. Old dude goes for young girl..
    C'mon..
    Yeah, its legal... nothing else to it.

Also, ther should be an option where it's ok assuming the younger of the two is over 18

10+ Year Old Account
    This actually happened in my hometown. My high school ASL interpreter is actually really good friends with daughters mom. Simply said though, this girl is laughable. Shes 18 with a 41 year old guy. Sooner or later shes going to wake up, look at her side and be like "WTF was I thinking?" I'm pretty sure it will be the day he runs out of money to keep her happy.