Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    But that still doesn't make the NDA right.
    Doesn't matter. Beta isn't for your benefit.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Doesn't matter. Beta isn't for your benefit.
    Well it kinda is.... it means that the games bugs get fixed, and stuff that may have been significantly to hard/easy could be adjusted appropriately.

@stupid people who don't get how NDA's work, If it's by word of mouth, chances are it's not a major break in NDA, and/or Anet will never find out about it, but if you're going around posting a ton of shit from the game on forums/other sites is when it becomes a huge issue. And it doesn't matter whether or not you think the NDA is cool or w/e fact is you agreed to it when you signed up for the beta and will be punished if you break it, Regina already said that if you post you got into beta and they find out about it, you'll be thrown out end of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Well it kinda is.... it means that the games bugs get fixed, and stuff that may have been significantly to hard/easy could be adjusted appropriately.
    its a tool for the developer, not a demo for the user
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

I've always found one of the coolest things about forum boards and even the internet in general is the ability to post anonymously or aliased. Saying something in complete anonymity on this forum actually says nothing about yourself personally until your identity is revealed.
    In order for someone to actually break the NDA wouldn't they have to ID themselves first? (ie. registering on the boards under their actual name and then making that public.) "HardRaider4u" may say he got accepted into the beta but he still remains anonymous, meaning no one actually knows who got accepted right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disruptive View Post
    I've always found one of the coolest things about forum boards and even the internet in general is the ability to post anonymously or aliased. Saying something in complete anonymity on this forum actually says nothing about yourself personally until your identity is revealed.
    In order for someone to actually break the NDA wouldn't they have to ID themselves first? (ie. registering on the boards under their actual name and then making that public.) "HardRaider4u" may say he got accepted into the beta but he still remains anonymous, meaning no one actually knows who got accepted right?
    >Admins (and maybe mods) can see what IP address the person is using.
    >They can then send the IP address with a copy of what was posted to ArenaNet and say "AHMGAWDZZZ!! THEYZ BRAYKUN THE EN-DEE-AY!"
    >ArenaNet kicks you the fuck out of their CBT.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluxwave View Post
    what about dynamic IP's?
    Hey! Don't try and confuse me with your techy mumbo-jumbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Disruptive View Post
    I don't know why people keep trying to find a loop hole. It's a rule on these forums that you cannot break the NDA. And even if you're joking, you'll still get infracted. Why? Because they can, and they said they would.

Deleted
    *high-fives Edge* Way to go Edge =D!
    Lol, Why highfive? it's like asking for attention :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Im very impressed that no one has done the "you mad bro" to the OP....was kinda expecting it tbh =S

When you create an account to this site it clearly states "it's a privilege and not a right". They can do whatever they see fit, because it's not a democracy (it's basically like being invited to Boubs home). You agree to follow the rules. Simple.

I really hope people will follow the rules. Even if you have no intention to agree and join the beta if you get an invite, if you disclose that you were invited you probably will get blacklisted by ArenaNet - you've shown you can't be trusted with it.

By reading this message you're official bound to all following statements. Not deleting an account you've used to read it means you accept it and agree to all its term.

You agree to NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT about this message - you must never in your life say any word used in it or use any letter used in it or you'll be prosecuted. Of course MMO-C mods only care about being good friends with corporations, so they'll hardly ban you, but you've been warned.

(Seriously though, a little hint: corporation cannot define law. NDA is not law. NDA that is not signed as legally binding contract can only define something along lines "we, corporation, will remove you from our services, if you won't play by our rules". Why some people are playing volunteer paladins for them on other resources except to show how faithful slaves they are is beyond me.)

Deleted
    Meh iv been away for a few days, has there been some serious leaks or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    When you create an account to this site it clearly states "it's a privilege and not a right". They can do whatever they see fit, because it's not a democracy (it's basically like being invited to Boubs home). You agree to follow the rules. Simple.

I really hope people will follow the rules. Even if you have no intention to agree and join the beta if you get an invite, if you disclose that you were invited you probably will get blacklisted by ArenaNet - you've shown you can't be trusted with it.
    Let's clear this up right now. Not trying to get around, skirt, or find loop holes in any rules. I'm suggesting that posting in true anonymity that you were invited doesn't break the NDA. Now if the mods, admins, or owners of these forums say it does and don't do it? Fine. We'll just have to agree to disagree. Not a big fat fury deal to me. I didn't make it, and wouldn't be interested in flaunting about it if I was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    (Seriously though, a little hint: corporation cannot define law.)
    Their lawyers can present arguments in such a way that it could be consider a violation of a law in a court of law. But the real crux of the matter is that MMO-C could be sued if they allow users to break the NDA on their site. Multiple websites during the TOR beta that allowed users to break the NDA or broke the NDA themselves were issued cease-and-desist forms, MMO-C itself getting a sternly written email from BioWare about posters breaking the NDA.

No, just emails has been out, and some people felt they needed to post some screenshots of it

Sad this thread even had to be made.

Deleted
    Just came by for a nose

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    By reading this message you're official bound to all following statements. Not deleting an account you've used to read it means you accept it and agree to all its term.

You agree to NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT about this message - you must never in your life say any word used in it or use any letter used in it or you'll be prosecuted. Of course MMO-C mods only care about being good friends with corporations, so they'll hardly ban you, but you've been warned.

(Seriously though, a little hint: corporation cannot define law. NDA is not law. NDA that is not signed as legally binding contract can only define something along lines "we, corporation, will remove you from our services, if you won't play by our rules". Why some people are playing volunteer paladins for them on other resources except to show how faithful slaves they are is beyond me.)
    An NDA is a contract between two parties, and contracts are bound by common law, and able to be adjudicated in civil proceedings. You signed a contract with ArenaNet when you signed up for the beta, and that is a legally enforceable contract. Virtual signatures have been recognized by every legal jurisdiction in the U.S., even ones which were as simple as clicking an "I agree to the terms and services stated above." Breach of contract means they can seek damages from you, even if the "damages" are as little as denying you further access to the beta. This is so fundamental to our civil law system that first year students have to take a full year of a 3 credit class, just on Contracts.

Please don't speak about legal stuff if you don't actually know the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is this thread still going, you accepted the NDA if you got in don't break it, click clack boom bang lock thread!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    to all these who have Beta keys, feel free to post in other forums, more kicked out of Beta -> more new invites!
    ...remembering these days where the front page was full with leaked beta information from wow... sad what had happened since then