Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamok View Post
    I forgot how resilient all the Horde races were. The Goblins and Blood Elves I don't think would be the best on the front lines(I don't know either races combat skills.). But I think the Blood Elves would make good rangers though.

BE's would be their main scout's mages and rangers, and Goblins would be their tinkerers/sappers/Steam warriors(Zeps/Siege engines/vehicles/bombs etc)

Sorry if i'm way off here been up for like 72+ hours.

Deleted
    200,000 in SW was admitted to have been a typo. Also, King Derpchin has incredibly questionable generalship.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamok View Post
    Ok, I just seen the alliance gunship in Deepholm. I know this is a fantasy game and some laws of the real world don't apply but.......How the fuck does the Alliance gunship fly with those fucking fans on it? It is made of iron and solid wood, plus some bombs. And it has 2 propellers that hardly move. My fan on low moves faster than any of them.
    Gnome engineering is indistinguishable from magic (whenever it doesn't blow up while building it).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomGamer View Post
    Gnome engineering is indistinguishable from magic (whenever it doesn't blow up while building it).
    It is sad that this wonderful bastardization of an Isaac Asimov quote will be overlooked in the vigorous (and downright idiotic) armchair generalship to come.

Has everyone forgotten about Turalyon and the Son's of Lothar, after watching Lothar fall in battle, drove the entire horde army back through the dark portal in Warcraft 2?

The biggest difference is their ideology, not strength, Turalyon could have taken revenge on Doomhammer and ended his life after he defeated the orc, but he didn't, if it had been the other way around, Doomhammer would have done the same to Turalyon as he did to Lothar. The Alliance isn't out to exterminate the horde, they aren't invading Durotar and trying to conquer Orgimmar.

Also: yes I realize there are some HUMAN forces in Durotar/The Barrens, there are also orcs who are trying to destroy the entire world with fel magics, they aren't apart of the horde, as those humans aren't alliance. Please don't bring it up. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    Has everyone forgotten about Turalyon and the Son's of Lothar, after watching Lothar fall in battle, drove the entire horde army back through the dark portal in Warcraft 2?

The biggest difference is their ideology, not strength, Turalyon could have taken revenge on Doomhammer and ended his life after he defeated the orc, but he didn't, if it had been the other way around, Doomhammer would have done the same to Turalyon as he did to Lothar. The Alliance isn't out to exterminate the horde, they aren't invading Durotar and trying to conquer Orgimmar.

Also: yes I realize there are some HUMAN forces in Durotar/The Barrens, there are also orcs who are trying to destroy the entire world with fel magics, they aren't apart of the horde, as those humans aren't alliance. Please don't bring it up. :P
    I found it strange that he showed Doomhammer mercy, despite gleefully slaughtering his comparatively less evil minions before hand.

idk, but horde has dominated alliance ever since 2004 on my server. through world pvp, server battlegrounds and battlegroup battlegrounds. i went 30+ random bg's without a single win once. that was the last time i ever took pvp seriously. now i just do it when i'm super bored and have *absolutely* nothing_else_to_do, including rl stuff like cleaning or picking up dog poo from my yard.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look..
    More complaints about the non-existant "faction favoritism"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Total population =/= # of soldiers.

Alliance cities are large and the villages tend to be peaceful with very little military presence.
    Compare this to the Horde where everything is spikes and fortifications and there are guards everywhere.
    Haven't you ever played Warcraft 3? All human peasants become militia when the call to arms is sounded at any town hall.

Deleted
    yeah well, if it was more real.... what can a gnome do against a tauren/orc

Deleted
    Well.. Goblins do have a bit of addiction to explosive stuffs..
    Who knows what they would do with the battlefield?

Quote Originally Posted by pufyanny View Post
    yeah well, if it was more real.... what can a gnome do against a tauren/orc
    In any kind of physical contact? Not a dang thing.

"It's not as simple as you think it is, it's also not as complicated."

The population numbers are all from the RPG and therefore strictly non-canon unless stated otherwise. Blizzard prefers to keep population numbers ambiguous nowadays to prevent situations like this from happening.

Anyways the Alliance isn't really losing the war, the questing just doesn't do a good job of showing the Alliance's important victories compared with the Horde. If you play through the Horde starting areas, it gives the impression that the Alliance overwhelmingly have the upper hand, at least early on. In fact from having played through most of the Horde starting areas, they give the impression that if the war didn't turn in the Horde's favor when it did, the Alliance would of won.

But Alliance players never see the Northwatch invasion of Durotar, or the Night Elves raiding the gates of Orgrimmar itself, or the Stompike nearly conquering Hillsbrad. From 1-10 (Worgen excluded of course) they don't see a single Horde-aligned NPC. From 10-20 only Night Elves encounter the Horde...and promptly destroy them in spectacular fashion.

In addition Horde victories tend to have a more lasting impact on the game world. When Anderhol was conquered by the Forsaken, all the Alliance NPC's were removed (including the flightpath). However when the Alliance won at Stonard not only was Stonard left intact, but appeared to still be actively fighting the Alliance just as strongly as it was when the player arrived. While the former can be justified as part of the Alliance's different philosophy, the latter is just silly.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

In a real scenario where Blizz havnt decided to equalize a tauren warrior vs gnome warrior (ridiculous imo) The Horde races are so stronger and more resillient that it would take vast numbers of Alliance to even have a sniff of a chance. Even Race mentallity plays a part.. its like a dog vs a wild wolf.. the dog is proper fucked even if the same size due to pure animal instinct. If I had to face a Horde army I'd shit myself and leg it!

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    I found it strange that he showed Doomhammer mercy, despite gleefully slaughtering his comparatively less evil minions before hand.
    It was battle, it wasn't personal, you don't fight a war without the intent to disable your opponent, but it was a personal DUEL between him and Doomhammer, it is much different. He was the opposing force leader, he was a big deal, did he risk the possibility to give the orcs a reason to rally and counter-attack?

You would think the Draenei would faceroll everyone, I mean they came to Azeroth in a space ship...

Deleted
    Population doesn't mean millitary.. Alliance have many civilians while in Horde almost every man and women carry a weapon, and is trained in killing and surviving.

Quote Originally Posted by Starborn91 View Post
    You would think the Draenei would faceroll everyone, I mean they came to Azeroth in a space ship...
    They CRASHED it, lol, Draenei are such aloof characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Charo View Post
    They CRASHED it, lol, Draenei are such aloof characters.
    Lol still, you would think if they could make a space ship that they would be like God to most races on Azeroth.

Deleted
    because Alliance is played 99% by girls or anime lovers w8ing for dancestudio