Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    But than the people in Australia and the limited Asia don't qualify unless they ordered before the official release in their country. Basically, they would get screwed because of marketing, not anything on their part.
    I'm assuming this offer applies to Australia as well. So someone who paid for one month in Australia but has a 50 is getting 30 days free while someone in the US who's been subbed since their pre-order gets skipped because they don't have a 50. And in Australia the reward is aimed directly at the powerlevelers and spacebar spammers who rushed to 50.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I'm assuming this offer applies to Australia as well. So someone who paid for one month in Australia but has a 50 is getting 30 days free while someone in the US who's been subbed since their pre-order gets skipped because they don't have a 50. And in Australia the reward is aimed directly at the powerlevelers and spacebar spammers who rushed to 50.
    Its been out for a month and a half in Australia, that is hardly powerleveling and spacebar spamming. Indeed, the inverse could be said that after 4 months of leveling if you still don't have a 50 you're not playing enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its been out for a month and a half in Australia, that is hardly powerleveling and spacebar spamming. Indeed, the inverse could be said that after 4 months of leveling if you still don't have a 50 you're not playing enough.

Ugh I must be a real no lifer I had my first character to lvl 50 and all raid content (8 man) cleared in the first 3 weeks of launch (plus early access). Granted I did spacebar lots of quests except for my class ones past level 20ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Ugh I must be a real no lifer I had my first character to lvl 50 and all raid content (8 man) cleared in the first 3 weeks of launch (plus early access). Granted I did spacebar lots of quests except for my class ones past level 20ish.
    I got to about 45 in my first month, then rerolled on a different server and got to 50 in about another month. Didn't spacebar anything, did every side quest I saw. Didn't do space combat at all and rarely pvp'd though.

Deleted
    okay this is big. A whole month free playtime for accounts with a lvl 50 on it? On top of that every canceled subscriber can return and try out the patch for 5 or 7 days. They are in big trouble. That is the most offensive act to win back customers I've ever seen

you know why people who unsubbed are angry and want free things to return to pay.....because this game was released way to early.

Yeah I quit after 3 months of paying plus that $150 collectors edition. So 3 weeks after I quit they now give the free month and tauntaun pet.

HELL! *rages moar* the Collectors edition mount was unusable at lvl 50, its speed did not scale up after level 40. What really?

Argh first post. :P Mod infract me

Did anyone else NOT get the free 7 days for being unsubscribed? AFAIK I meet the criteria. My brother got the free 7 days but I didn't :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    okay this is big. A whole month free playtime for accounts with a lvl 50 on it? On top of that every canceled subscriber can return and try out the patch for 5 or 7 days. They are in big trouble. That is the most offensive act to win back customers I've ever seen
    Perhaps, but it could also just be that EA learned their lesson from Warhammer Online. They waited way too long to start trials for WAR and by then it was basically too little too late. They've been much more aggressive with trials this time and it would seem reasonable that they are going all out to get as many people as possible to try 1.2. Its probably going to make server pops crazy this weekend but maybe EA has finally learned that the mumorpuger market is way too finicky to play defensively.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiea View Post
    Did anyone else NOT get the free 7 days for being unsubscribed? AFAIK I meet the criteria. My brother got the free 7 days but I didn't :S
    It starts on the 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    The reason it was given to only 50s is because they screwed up the rated WZs. They knew some people were subbed just for that and when it got pulled they would leave. Giving them 30 free days gives them 30 days to get it fixed and in and hold on to those people that were there just for that. If you are not 50 you probably do not care about rated WZs.
    Thing is they give free trial to ppl who are not subscribed, they give free month to ppl who have lvl 50 and the rest of players who have supported the game from the start ... are the morons who will keep paying anyway.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Thing is they give free trial to ppl who are not subscribed, they give free month to ppl who have lvl 50 and the rest of players who have supported the game from the start ... are the morons who will keep paying anyway.
    And get the tauntaun pet.

Deleted
    And get the tauntaun pet.
    but so can everyone else, so i really wouldn't call it a perk or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I would put it that harshly. For whatever reason EA slash BioWare decided not to give everyone who was subscribed a free month and so a line had to be drawn somewhere.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

i honestly dont know why u cancelled. now they are giving out free 30days game time and a in-game ram pet for people who have re-occuring subscriptions

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 03:29 PM ----------

people like you are the reason i quit wow and started playing swtor. and ive been happy since

hmm, this is what I get for stopping at level 49 with only a 1/4 of a bar to go to 50.

lesson learned I guess

Quote Originally Posted by dude1197 View Post
    people like you are the reason i quit wow and started playing swtor. and ive been happy since
    So you are ok with what the 1.2 legacy announcement states ?

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 04:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dude1197 View Post
    i honestly dont know why u cancelled. now they are giving out free 30days game time and a in-game ram pet for people who have re-occuring subscriptions
    They are giving it to players with lvl 50 characters and active accounts, they don't need to have subscription set up.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    but so can everyone else, so i really wouldn't call it a perk or anything.
    And by that reasoning if everyone got the 30 days it wouldn't a perk either.

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 11:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I don't think I would put it that harshly. For whatever reason EA slash BioWare decided not to give everyone who was subscribed a free month and so a line had to be drawn somewhere.
    This is how I see it too. The line had to be drawn, they chose the 50 yard line. They could of also just said "Surprise, everyone who helped us on the PTS gets 30 days" or "Everyone who finished chapter 1 on the PTS gets 30 days" or better yet "Everyone who finished chapter 3 on live" cause I know some 50s that wouldn't get it then.

And by that reasoning if everyone got the 30 days it wouldn't a perk either.

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 11:24 AM ----------

This is how I see it too. The line had to be drawn, they chose the 50 yard line. They could of also just said "Surprise, everyone who helped us on the PTS gets 30 days" or "Everyone who finished chapter 1 on the PTS gets 30 days" or better yet "Everyone who finished chapter 3 on live" cause I know some 50s that wouldn't get it then.
    But none of those option would keep the 50's that were waiting for Rated WZs in the game until Rated WZs came out. Again, this is the real reasoning for it, read between the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    But none of those option would keep the 50's that were waiting for Rated WZs in the game until Rated WZs came out. Again, this is the real reasoning for it, read between the lines.
    All I'm saying is a line had to be drawn, and they drew it. Personally, I support the "50s" line, regardless of if there is hidden meaning behind it or not. Truthfully, I know a lot of people that have been subscribing since day one, and no, they are not anywhere near as dedicated as I am. Just because they keep their subscription live doesn't mean they are dedicated, it means they want to play the game is all. All the people I have met in game and out who do not have a 50 is either because they are new, or because they rarely play. Even the altoholics I know have at least one 50, or a bunch of 20s. Somewhere along the line most of them have some RL stuff that stops them from playing, but that means they chose to back-burner which is the very meaning of not being as dedicated as the people who play everyday.

Could they have chosen a different line? Sure. But I think it would of been unreasonable to just give every active sub or even everyone who played since day 1 a free month. EA would of lost too much money from it and you know that wouldn't of made them happy. And at the same time, any line they draw would make one player or another unhappy.

they gave 7 days free to people below 50 read the site.