Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

why is everyone just ok with varian beating his kid?

I don't want to hear any of this 'he was under the effects of wolfgods/oldgods/godsgods' nonsense, who's fault is it that he can't control himself enough to not hurt his son?

Have you ever seen the Shining? You know, where Jack Nicholson plays the murdering alcoholic. He, in a fit of rage, grabbed his son's arm and hurt him real bad. Was that okay? No, that's pyscho behavior. Why is it okay when Varian does it? The guy hurts his kid and he goes to Velen's foster care and nobody ever brings this up and it's never an issue. I mean, how can anybody say Garrosh is bad when Garrosh isn't the one beating his kids?

You can't name one instance where Garrosh takes it upon himself to beat some kids around just because he was angry one day. Varian's supposed to rise as a good leader out of all this, right? How does adding child abuse to the mix count as evolving as a leader?

10+ Year Old Account
    When did he beat his kid?
    Borador

Props to Sanistra for the awesome signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Seriously... WTF are you talking about...

IN B4 CLOSE!

Quote Originally Posted by zerovlad View Post
    When did he beat his kid?
    I dont know but i see it being changed soon on the beta where varian shits pink rainbows out of his ass and garrosh is the effin tooth fairy.

ITS NOT A PERFECT WORLD. ITS A WORLD AT WAR.

I think i'm missing something here.....

when did this happen?
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Theres no reason to close this he does speak the truth about him hurting his son. its in Wolfheart.

Now about him hurting his son. Yes it is indeed bad but in a story about people being killed Allies becoming traitors and a war between two factions i think a hurt arm is the least of peoples problems. Kids get hurt all the time. Yes its not right and it is a problem. but it happens. get over it.

Because Azeroth isn't a modern western society where the worst that can happen to you is being glassed in the bar when you are a dick. It is a very violent world where previously peaceful stone masons killed off an entire farming region because they weren't paid. Grabbing some snot nosed kid's arm to make him listen is nothing in the violent, war torn world Varian lives in.

EDIT: Also, there were like 50 threads about this when Wolfheart was released, not like months afterwards when nobody remembers the forgettable story by a bad writer.
    Last edited by Vulpei; 2012-04-16 at 05:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linzo View Post
    I think i'm missing something here.....

when did this happen?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...-story/velen/1

I haven't finished reading it, but it describes Varian hurting Anduin.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by peachtree View Post
    You can't name one instance where Garrosh takes it upon himself to beat some kids around just because he was angry one day. Varian's supposed to rise as a good leader out of all this, right? How does adding child abuse to the mix count as evolving as a leader?
    The destruction of Theramore puts Garrosh at killing multiple children, men and women. But no. We are here to talk about Varian hitting his kid and no one in this thread knowing what you are talking about.

So beating a kid is too far but dropping people off a cliff is ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    He like ... grabbed Anduin's arm. He didn't beat him.

A fictional character in a fictional story did bad things?

Call social services!

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Fictional world that doesn't exist, therefore, no one was really hurt.
    2) It's not a happy world of rainbows and sunshine. People get hurt, no one cares, and life goes on.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    A fictional character in a fictional story did bad things?

Call social services!
    Yeah let's all go play http://www.hellokittyonline.com/

inb4 blizzard changes things because of some overly sensitive whiners.

My father beat me when I did something wrong anbd I turd oute fyne.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    DUHHH, those people who are now at the bottom of the cliff aren't alive so they cannot feel the pain!
    (im kidding)

OT: I have no idea what you are talking about but it seems it was in one of those money grabbing lore books? That would be why i have no idea >.>

My dad literally kicked my ass once over what was actually a misunderstanding on his part. He apologized. I got over it. People need to quit being so fucking fragile.

Meanwhile, Anduin lives in a world where everything is trying to kill him and his people (some bad shit falls out of the sky, some bad shit comes out of the ground, some bad shit is made of sentient water and air). Anduin's arm getting a little red and sore for a few minutes? OH NOEZ CHILD ABUSE.
    Now, THIS thing? THIS thing is horrible. It's just awful. It was awful at 60 and it was awful at 58. It's awful at 45. If this dropped off a mob in Wailing Caverns when you were level 17 and being run through by a higher level character, you would equip it ONLY because you don't have trinkets at that level, and it would STILL SUCK.
    -Wowhead user on the Lion Horn of Stormwind, an epic from the era of so-called "EPIC" epics.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    The person he dropped off a cliff was killing innocent druids and an innocent horde father. So yes in that situation it was ok. You could have probably found a bunch of scenarios where Garrosh is in the wrong but you chose that one? Come on man.
    10 Hours of trolling a day makes the troll sadness go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's a game? Seriously. No joke.

If they want Aduin to be abused in the lore, I couldn't care less. I'm pretty sure there's (implied) rape at least 3 times across the entire story. Garona was a product of rape, some of the dragon aspects/followers/whatever were forced to mate (rape), and someone else. I forget. No one ever talks about that though, probably because they realize it's fictional. And if it's not real, there's no reason to get worked up over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets censor it! In fact lets censor the whole game/IP. Ji Firepaw can be our mascot for it. Since you know he's Sexual Harassment Panda now.

/sarcasim