Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    talk about pointless,

The Doctor Is In - you only really ever use bandage in BGs and arenas so this is pointless.
    For Great Justice - only useful for alts as mains you will only ever farm valor points.
    Ride Like the Wind - ok this 1 might actually have purposes, might.
    Working Overtime - this 1 would be good for griding proffs like fishing and archeology if you even bother with them, but mostly useful for alts.
    Time Off - again more for alts since mains will get VERY little rest other than over night.
    Otherworldly Discounts - now this has got to be the biggest bag of bull crap ever, 10% off some think that costs like 100-200g so all ur saving is 10-20g and not every 1 even bothers with transmog and void storage so this is 100% pointless, or bring it in at a lower lvl at like 5-8 and have some think better at 30.

and removing the best perks wtf is that about, they are the perks that make the whole perk system worth it, and mass rez the rest are just meh and now ur adding more meh perks, u can just leave the guild and just get the invites on ur calendar now.

Deleted
    "Defeat Vengeful Hui"

I can hear Russian players giggling at this.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    Yes, it's all about YOU....
    i dont use mog or void storage tbh they are a waste of space imo. thank god its only beta still thease perks are horible[/QUOTE]

Yes customisation in an rpg is truly a waste.................................

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by valcrist View Post
    I am glad they are getting rid of group travel, people have gotten lazy, everyone just sits in town, trolls, shows off mounts for hours and waits for one person to summon everyone, i totally see why blizzard wants people out in the world and i am totally for it. As for the new perks, i like them but they seem like lower level perks instead of upper level perks and honestly 30 needs to be better then what it is, that perk seems more like a 4 or 5 level perk but it also seems like blizzard is trying to fix the perks so people dont think they have to join a level 30 guild. Who knows though its still beta so stop bitching so early in the game, blizzard can easily change those levels and perks 20 times before the retail launch, people really need to stop basing the game off beta, its a fing beta the point is to test if crap works and get feed back on it not sit in forums and bitch like its set in stone.
    Are you kidding me? people we're just sitting in towns, trolling, showing off mounts for hours as far back as Vanilla. I will agree that HGWT has spoiled a lot of players, however at the same time HGWT has also been a blessing of convenience for just as many. The ability to quickly summon your raid group, friends to help you with a quest/world boss/etc, or those PuGs who has no idea how to get to BH, has saved many wasted hours of travel and waiting. Not to mention it had a 2 hour CD - so it was not like it could've been abused - if anything it made travel "convenient' 2-3 times a day (more or less depending on how long you play a day and how frequently you use it).

The idea that removing HGWT will "encourage" players to "go out and explore more" is rubbish, if Blizzard actually wanted players to explore the world outside of Main City Hubs, they'd actually put something there for players to explore, removing a convenient means of travel isn't going to encourage people to leave the city unless they already had intention to leave the city, and if anything, people will just hop on a taxi and alt+tab (cause the taxi are like those in RL they like to take the longest and most inconvenient route possible).

This is nothing more than gating, and another 'mechanic' to make you waste more time in WoW.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I feel like an absolute dick for having thought the save the children monk leveling was a daily blink, and chuckling at it.

im surprised that guild levels werent removed totally. i saw guild perks do some serious damage to the community before i quit playing.

So from what I understand, they're doing another venomsaur/winterspring saber questline where we get to raise a cloud serpent flying mount? Seems awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayydee View Post
    Are you kidding me? people we're just sitting in towns, trolling, showing off mounts for hours as far back as Vanilla. I will agree that HGWT has spoiled a lot of players, however at the same time HGWT has also been a blessing of convenience for just as many. The ability to quickly summon your raid group, friends to help you with a quest/world boss/etc, or those PuGs who has no idea how to get to BH, has saved many wasted hours of travel and waiting. Not to mention it had a 2 hour CD - so it was not like it could've been abused - if anything it made travel "convenient' 2-3 times a day (more or less depending on how long you play a day and how frequently you use it).

The idea that removing HGWT will "encourage" players to "go out and explore more" is rubbish, if Blizzard actually wanted players to explore the world outside of Main City Hubs, they'd actually put something there for players to explore, removing a convenient means of travel isn't going to encourage people to leave the city unless they already had intention to leave the city, and if anything, people will just hop on a taxi and alt+tab (cause the taxi are like those in RL they like to take the longest and most inconvenient route possible).

This is nothing more than gating, and another 'mechanic' to make you waste more time in WoW.

The main reason of removing the mass summon is not only about some players got lazy over the time but also about the WoW world overall got way too small with flying mount + mass summon = very small world which make some ppl get bored of this game so fast then they will start to whine to ask more content and faster content. Mass summon is indeed convienent and useful but also ruined WoW world.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess no more summoning my friend to explore places they normally couldn't get to, or summoning that guy that I need a gem or piece of armor made by, or helping out guildies to get where they need to go?

Thanks Blizz.Thanks a lot. /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    The main reason of removing the mass summon is not only about some players got lazy over the time but also about the WoW world overall got way too small with flying mount + mass summon = very small world which make some ppl get bored of this game so fast then they will start to whine to ask more content and faster content. Mass summon is indeed convienent and useful but also ruined WoW world.
    .. people got bored of this game, not because the world felt smaller as a result of flying mount + mass summon. But because the majority of development that went into Cataclysm was revamping 1-60 leveling zone, of which the only people who got to enjoy it was people who bothered to go back and do Loremaster to see the changes, or new players who had to go through the leveling process.

People got bored and wanted more content because there was NOTHING to do outside of raiding or PvP, and even then raiding has been lackluster this expansion compared to the others.

I will say it again, removing HGWT isn't going to change anything in terms of world activity, the new Pet Battle System and the "Gotta Catch'em All" mentality of players will be what gets people out of the city. The only difference will be that instead of players AFK alt-tabbing while waiting for a summon, they will now be AFK alt-tabbing while riding a taxi to their destination.

The reasoning behind the removal of HGWT by Blizzard is nothing more than a guise to force it's players into wasting more time in-game.
    Last edited by Kayydee; 2012-04-24 at 11:25 AM.

HGWT is one of the most useful perk imo when it comes to mobility. In my guild for example we just play casual, do old school raids to farm gear for transmo. HGWT is also a nice thing to actually get people into the world when it comes to world pvp or attacks on capital cities. I understand the way how some of you describe it as "making people spoiled" but at the same time you are also making it WAY more easy for your group to get started.
    Back in classic it could take like forever if you had to make your way from Silithus to the Eastern Plaguelands just to get to Stratholme and some groups fel apart before they even got there just because it took so long to get there. Later Blizz added the summon stone function to summon but you needed at least 2 players and now they have an even better alternative for it; HGWT. If you want to get back into the world then remove Dungeon and Raid finder and start moving by yourself instead. Then you get the outdoor pvp back at the summon stones for example like how it used to be in Classic => Horde camping the summon stone at SM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) loss of chug-a-lug + panda 2x food bonus = entire raid of pandas for elite groups. Promise you.

2) Yay, warlocks are useful as summon whores again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladenboro View Post
    Didn't they have a quest line for winter flight training in WotLK that got cut? Wouldn't be surprised if they just made you buy the serpent mount and cut the quest... again
    That is a horrible comparison. A more accurate one would be asking why don't they remove the grind for Netherwing and just let you buy the mounts? You don't need a Cloud Serpent to get flying in Pandaria.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayydee View Post
    .. people got bored of this game, not because the world felt smaller as a result of flying mount + mass summon. But because the majority of development that went into Cataclysm was revamping 1-60 leveling zone, of which the only people who got to enjoy it was people who bothered to go back and do Loremaster to see the changes, or new players who had to go through the leveling process.

People got bored and wanted more content because there was NOTHING to do outside of raiding or PvP, and even then raiding has been lackluster this expansion compared to the others.

I will say it again, removing HGWT isn't going to change anything in terms of world activity, the new Pet Battle System and the "Gotta Catch'em All" mentality of players will be what gets people out of the city. The only difference will be that instead of players AFK alt-tabbing while waiting for a summon, they will now be AFK alt-tabbing while riding a taxi to their destination.

The reasoning behind the removal of HGWT by Blizzard is nothing more than a guise to force it's players into wasting more time in-game.
    I agree with you that Cata raids are not as good as previous expansions. However, saying that Blizzard forcing the player to waste time ingame is wrong to be honest because don't we all play this video game when we have spare time in our real life and want the time to pass while we play this game?

Saying that there is nothing to do outside of raid and pvp is not the game problem it's the players themselves. I see so many players do so many things outside of pvp and raiding, Archaeology, farming, farming rare mounts, killing rare mob spawns (Frostbitten, Bloody rare), farming mounts and pets, dailies and much more.

See? it's the way of the player who play this game I'm not saying the game is perfect nope far from it and I agree with you raids are not that good this expansion but, saying that ppl got bored because there is nothing to do outside of pvp and raids it's the players problem it's their game style the way they play the game what makes them get bored not the game itself because unfortunately some ppl see WoW as nothing but raid, and pvp and nothing else which is completely wrong this game is not just about raid and pvp there are so many things outside of these two catagories.

...unfortunately some ppl see WoW as nothing but raid, and pvp and nothing else which is completely wrong this game is not just about raid and pvp there are so many things outside of these two catagories.
    ..and that is what can make HGWT something useful. Not just for the lazy peeps out there but in case a guildy or a friend is farming or working on archaeology , you can get summoned to that player and continue with what you were doing instead of loafing around while sitting on a flight path.

Deleted
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why would they take away the mass summon it's so convenient. I hope they will change summon stones to only require one person.

Those guild perk changes are craptastic.
    L30 get you 10% off transmog and void. Thats like a L10 quality perk right there.
    When people cry for more to do...I'm not sure longer travel times was what they had in mind. Having raided since vanilla...I like getting going on time. Hated waiting for 39...24...even 9 other people to get a move on and be at an appropriate location on time. Great...now we're back to my time being wasted because some asshat can't find their way to where they should be going on time.
    Chug-a-lug...Happy Hour...those are head scratchers. Like...what was wrong with those?

Just seems like they took stuff that was actually useful for a Guild...a group...and got rid of it in favor of individual perks.

---------- Post added 2012-04-24 at 06:51 AM ----------

People get bored when they run out of things to do. Longer traveling times is not something to do. That just makes the game even more boring.

Deleted
    Blizz had to remove HGWT because all mounts are getting too fat due to lack of excercise by sitting on their butt whole day in Ogr/SW

Quote Originally Posted by makapipi View Post
    Blizz had to remove HGWT because all mounts are getting too fat due to lack of excercise by sitting on their butt whole day in Ogr/SW
    And panda don't need mounts cause they can move almost as fast as epic flyer on foot.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Oh you guys.. Being in a newer guild who isn't lvl25 right now, I have to say not having mass summon ISN'T the end of the world...

People complained about not getting out in the world enough.. Blizzard is fixing it