Poll: Fallout or Elder Scrolls?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just thought of a factor that may be skewing with the results of this poll. Is it possible that this poll is slanted towards a fantasy setting over fallouts scifi setting because this poll is being hosted on a site for World of Warcraft which is itself in a fantasy setting? Just a thought it could be unimportant
    I thought Dragon Age 2 was innovative and groundbreaking!
    lol >.>

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 3 and NV are miles better than every Elder Scrolls game besides Morrowind IMO. There hasn't been a game since Fallout 3 that has been able to replicate the feeling of awe I got the first time I walked out of the Vault and saw chaos and decay for as far as I could see, and then going "Man, I am going to explore this entire world" and getting a huge smile across my face.
    Elder Scrolls dungeons are the exact same thing over and over, and they just don't make sense being there.
    I think I just like the feeling of spelunking in Fallout because when you enter an area to explore there are relics of a past that seem so ordinary, but so out of place in the landscape. My mind just automatically starts seeing people going about their daily lives unaware that their story has ended, and that the items, and locations that they found so commonplace are so rare and valuable to people now.
    Last edited by Zenotetsuken; 2012-07-01 at 01:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    Sounds like your playing the console versions, cause mouse and keyboard are don't suffer from that problem. I will give you Oblivion was tougher because of the floaty camera but mods fix that issue.

---------- Post added 2012-06-30 at 05:22 PM ----------

Seriously, I did it my first play through on Skyrim and it tack a large chunk on my play time, some funny stuff in them.
    I personally enjoyed the Book of Fate in Skyrim.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by looopy View Post
    Just thought of a factor that may be skewing with the results of this poll. Is it possible that this poll is slanted towards a fantasy setting over fallouts scifi setting because this poll is being hosted on a site for World of Warcraft which is itself in a fantasy setting? Just a thought it could be unimportant
    I don't know, I like both Fantasy and Scifi. So I hit both, the option is there and liking one does not mean you can't like the other.

Quote Originally Posted by looopy View Post
    Yeah, I took that into consideration myself. Out of my circle of friends, the majority of them prefer Fallout to Elder Scrolls, so it definitely depends on the type of people that you ask. I kind of expected these results.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love post apocalyptic games! Beat F:NV 6 times, F3 4 times, and only beat Skyrim twice.

Definitely Fallout, no doubt about it because in Fallout your destiny isn't chosen for you. In the Elder Scrolls no matter what, if you want to beat the game you have to end up as the hero. In Skyrim my first playthrough i literally killed every kill-able person in my path, just for the exp. And in the end i was still a hero because i killed the dragon.
    In Fallout I can kill everybody, and then take control of the entire game by using an army of robots.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    I love post apocalyptic games! Beat F:NV 6 times, F3 4 times, and only beat Skyrim twice.

Definitely Fallout, no doubt about it because in Fallout your destiny isn't chosen for you. In the Elder Scrolls no matter what, if you want to beat the game you have to end up as the hero. In Skyrim my first playthrough i literally killed every kill-able person in my path, just for the exp. And in the end i was still a hero because i killed the dragon.
    In Fallout I can kill everybody, and then take control of the entire game by using an army of robots.

That's only in New Vegas, and that actually makes you a hero as well. Since you claim New Vegas for yourself, ridding it and the Mojave of the pestilences of Caeser, House and the NCR - you rule the entire place with your robots, securing law and order.

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 06:56 PM ----------

Sounds like your playing the console versions, cause mouse and keyboard are don't suffer from that problem. I will give you Oblivion was tougher because of the floaty camera but mods fix that issue.

---------- Post added 2012-06-30 at 05:22 PM ----------

Seriously, I did it my first play through on Skyrim and it tack a large chunk on my play time, some funny stuff in them.
    Well I've played Fallout on my ps3, but I MUCH prefer it on my pc. I still find the thirdperson system terrible.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2012-07-02 at 06:58 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand post apocalypse games [...] The environment is bland and ugly IMO...
    The world after wars is not supposed to look pretty, just sayin...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    The world after wars is not supposed to look pretty, just sayin...
    Aye - post-apocalyptic scenery is rarely pretty... Well unless you like rust, dust and scrap-metal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate fallout with every fiber of my being. VATS was the stupidest thing ever introduced to an FPS. "HEY, LET'S REMOVE ALL OF THE ACTION OUT OF AN FPS AND JUST LET THE PLAYER CHOOSE THE BODY PART HE WANTS TO HIT!". And don't tell me to "just play without it", the game played like diarrhea without it. Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I hate fallout with every fiber of my being. VATS was the stupidest thing ever introduced to an FPS. "HEY, LET'S REMOVE ALL OF THE ACTION OUT OF AN FPS AND JUST LET THE PLAYER CHOOSE THE BODY PART HE WANTS TO HIT!". And don't tell me to "just play without it", the game played like diarrhea without it. Rant over.
    Never used VATS in any Fallout game. Never had any problems. o_O Combat doesn't seem any different from any other FPS, really.

Elder scrolls, I love medieval games.

10+ Year Old Account
    can't stand elder scrolls but I do like fallout.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Never used VATS in any Fallout game. Never had any problems. o_O Combat doesn't seem any different from any other FPS, really.
    Not to mention that if you play a sniper, V.A.T.S becomes redundant. Same goes for playing as a sneak-melee.

---------- Post added 2012-07-02 at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Thing is though - it isn't a pure fps like CoD; it's an rpg which can be played *like* an fps. V.A.T.S is not required at all, due to bugs and glitches V.A.T.S can easily become a hassle. I've often shot mutants in the head several times with a 95% chance to hit only to hit the roof constantly. So V.A.T.S is situationel. Kinda like "Called Shot" from D&D.

Fallout is a RPG that got FPS mechanics shoehorned into it later, not the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh thats a tough one im a fan of both, i would have to side with Elder Scrolls, fallout series was fantastic but was missing something.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fallout 3 is just an amazing game to me. It's so unique in its approach. Easily one of my favorite games for the 360 (my PC blows, haters gon' hate). There's a lot of western RPGs, it's always been a pretty over-saturated genre, but I do still love Elder Scrolls. My main problem is the combat system though. I hate flailing my arms like a madman hoping to deal some damage. It feels unnatural and I never get the gratifying feeling that I'm actually hitting anything aside from some blood squirts and awkward grunts, which is why I don't have much hope for the MMO.

The Fallout series is just such a quirky experience, it fits my tastes more.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Is actually. Stats increase damage and accuracy. EX Got this sweet as sniper, can't hit the target because of lots of bullet spreading (caused by low stats), when it does hit, it hits for less then my baseball bat (higher melee stats then Rifle (think thats light arms) ones).

And Honestly Vats had its origins in Fallout 1 and 2. If it wasn't in the game I would have table flipped every table at Bethesda's HQ.

Is actually. Stats increase damage and accuracy. EX Got this sweet as sniper, can't hit the target because of lots of bullet spreading (caused by low stats), when it does hit, it hits for less then my baseball bat (higher melee stats then Rifle (think thats light arms) ones).

And Honestly Vats had its origins in Fallout 1 and 2. If it wasn't in the game I would have table flipped every table at Bethesda's HQ.
    Well yeah, but as long as you spec accordingly then you shouldn't have too many issues. It's not my preferred way for a game to handle stats, but as long as you stick to what you plan on using, then it's all good. Kind of sucks if you want to be a master of everything though.

I'd suggest FO:NV. I find TES fantasy setting to be too generic for my liking. There's only so much elves and dragons a man can have in his geeky youth. New Vegas combines great style of Fallout with an interesting story that doesn't revolve around saving the world for once.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...