Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    To every person saying they enjoy CRZ do me a favor. Go out, make a new toon, try to level. Then come back here with a straight goddamn face and still say you enjoy CRZ. Its not happening, your just going to get ganked more on that toon then you have all others combined. Think of a different reason we should use it other then the ones that Blizzard told you to say. Fucking sheep.

Low levels getting ganked by high levels on PvP servers was very common in vanilla and TBC. I didn't want to deal with that crap so that's why I've always made all my characters on PvE servers.

Once again another rant by someone who rolled on the wrong server type.

Nobody here has a goddman clue of CRZ. They just claim the same thing that Blizz does. That it populates low level areas. But they dont address any of the concerns any of the bugs or any of the flaws in it.

Just keep on acting like nothing is wrong guys because Blizz tells you there isnt, its funny to actually see how many mindless sheep-like people there are here. Every single one of their responses is that it "populates low level areas" because they honestly cant come up with a coherent sentence to save their lives.

If you can sit here and say it actually doesn what is intended then you havnt even played the game. Because Not one of the people I know who has, hasnt experienced some fault in it one way or another. Like the second I log on I get a PM from a friend saying he needs help becuase this 85 griefs him over and over.

To every person saying they enjoy CRZ do me a favor. Go out, make a new toon, try to level. Then come back here with a straight goddamn face and still say you enjoy CRZ. Its not happening, your just going to get ganked more on that toon then you have all others combined. Think of a different reason we should use it other then the ones that Blizzard told you to say. Fucking sheep.
    Have you heard of a PvE (normal) server?

Also, this is supposed to be a world of war. If you're on a pvp server, the other faction is going to want to kill you. It's the whole point of warcraft. If you're leveling in a contested zone, there's going to be the other faction there as well, and they won't like you because of it.

If high leveled people from the other faction can be there, so, too, can the high levels of your own faction. It's their job to come save you with their immense power.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love CRZ's not only for the increased world pvp generated from caped players ganking but leveling up there are so many more horde to kill now while questing. I destroyed a mage and hunter for about two hours yesterday on my warrior until they got an 85 to come and camp me. Who then got wrecked when i logged my mage. CRZ's may have alot of bugs and I would agree that the increased competition for gathering mats sucks but for everything else the world is definitely more populated than before.

I pretty much quit, although my CE diablo free time doesn't run out until December. I haven't bought panda for the two accounts in my house.

My armory says I last logged in on the 17th, and that was just to clear my mailbox. The month prior I had only logged in a few times for a quick TK run and a few dailies here and there.

For a lot of people WoW is becoming much much easier to walk away from. This is coming from someone who has played since TBC launch and avid achievement/mount/pet collector.

For my personal train of thoughts, it went something like this:
    Cata was a let down, and I had to talk myself into buying it right before Firelands came out (I quit at the end of Wrath). A lot of my friends from wrath came back and we raided through Firelands and Dragon Soul.
    Dragon Soul was stale and -all of us- quit for Diablo 3.
    Diablo 3 sucked, Blizzard once again proved they love to meddle too much with their games.
    So I played different games all summer.
    I come back to WoW with my friends in July/August. We farm pets and finish up some achievements, excited for the expansion.

5.0 hits, and although it had some good things, most additions were terrible.
    My friends quit again, I log in maybe once a week.
    Crossrealm zones finally hit -my- server. Dailies take 3x longer, my fps drops on a very good machine, collecting mounts/pets and achievements are no longer enjoyable.
    And that was that. Everytime I talk myself into logging in to get the Theramore FOS, I end up losing interest on the log in screen.
    I'm not angry, just kinda disappointing with how they are treating their games lately. Just kinda "sigh", "pout" and open another game.

You gotta understand, that at a certain point, a game just gets to be too much drama to put up with, especially for people that have been playing it a long time. We just get fed up and move on. And this is doubly true for people who went through the mess of Diablo 3, as a lot of us put forward a lot of money to that game in the form of Annual Pass and CEs. Blizzard should really just take a step back for a while and think about how they are dictating their games.

The screenshot above does look amazing, but considering how much they are getting paid, they should be able to come up with a solution to promote that kind of PVP for the people that enjoy it, instead of this very buggy and frustrating mechanic.

If this feature wasn't put through, I might still be be buying panda, since Blizzard hadn't "pushed me over", yet. I would be doing another TK run tonight.
    Last edited by Yukionna; 2012-09-24 at 10:00 PM.

CRZ is probably one of the best things added into WoW, finally I get to see other people when leveling my alts, when I'm in any zone I will find people not just 2 or 3 people at most. Isn't this what an MMORPG is supposed to be?

I'm sure Blizzard will do something about the "Cons" of this.
    For example making mobs spawn at a much faster rate to compensate for all the competition to tag a mob.

Hope they will add back group quests for leveling alts, they were fun the only problem was you couldn't find a group, which is not a problem anymore (:

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    It's something I can live without, but for some hard to live with.

Get rid of it.
    Fixed it for you.

I will cancel my sub If They remove CRZ.

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FiXThEPiEcEs View Post
    CRZ is probably one of the best things added into WoW, finally I get to see other people when leveling my alts, when I'm in any zone I will find people not just 2 or 3 people at most. Isn't this what an MMORPG is supposed to be?

I'm sure Blizzard will do something about the "Cons" of this.
    For example making mobs spawn at a much faster rate to compensate for all the competition to tag a mob.

Hope they will add back group quests for leveling alts, they were fun the only problem was you couldn't find a group, which is not a problem anymore (:
    10000000 times This ^.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have made two toons since CRZ came in, druid and pally both to about 40 ish so far. Absolutely loving CRZ, there is life in the world again ! also I am on a pvp server. Seriously, if you dont want to be ganked go to a pve server. Otherwise suck it up, that is what pvp servers are all about.

One last thing,

For the past few years Blizzard has been taking away things that promoted World PVP and friendly play within factions.
    Level 90 guards in every questing hub, removal of group quests (LOTS of solo play), flying mounts, LFR/LFD, ect. ect. ect.

If Blizz would have reworked their game mechanics, instead of blowing up the world in cataclysm, then a full blown "single server" world would have been viable and incredibly FUN.

They would pretty much need to take away inner faction competition on resources and mobs (because at the moment we don't even like people from our own faction! they "take our shit"). They could make each faction fight over each questing hub or something (think Towers in Hellfire, but on a bigger scale per zone). And I honestly think everyone disagreeing with CRZ's in its current form would love to play something like that.

Now that would be World of Warcraft, however CRZ in it's current form - without major questing/looting/ect overhaul really should be put on the back burner.

To every person saying they enjoy CRZ do me a favor. Go out, make a new toon, try to level. Then come back here with a straight goddamn face and still say you enjoy CRZ. Its not happening, your just going to get ganked more on that toon then you have all others combined. Think of a different reason we should use it other then the ones that Blizzard told you to say.
    I''ve been leveling a hunter. It hasn't been getting ganked, since it's on a RP-PvE server (Wyrmrest Accord-US). It's currently in the low 40s. The only time high level characters caused a problem was during the pirate attack phase in Booty Bay, where some people were farming Bloodsail rep by killing the Booty Bay mobs (which are lower level in that phase, so they can be easily farmed.) They were kind enough to relent when I needed to talk to the quest givers, so it was no big deal.

(Blizzard should probably make those low level versions of the mobs not give Bloodsail rep, to avoid this situation.)
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    I have made two toons since CRZ came in, druid and pally both to about 40 ish so far. Absolutely loving CRZ, there is life in the world again ! also I am on a pvp server. Seriously, if you dont want to be ganked go to a pve server. Otherwise suck it up, that is what pvp servers are all about.
    You must not value your time the way some of us do. I realize PVP realms are about jackasses griefing people. I've played on one since day one of vanilla, and before that I played another MMORPG/world where anybody not in your guild was red to you, and you to them.

It's when you can't seem to do jack shit without being griefed repeatedly, that I have a problem. I'm glad you like CRZ - hell, someone should! But I don't like it, and don't see how I'll like it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    You must not value your time the way some of us do. I realize PVP realms are about jackasses griefing people. I've played on one since day one of vanilla, and before that I played another MMORPG/world where anybody not in your guild was red to you, and you to them.

It's when you can't seem to do jack shit without being griefed repeatedly, that I have a problem. I'm glad you like CRZ - hell, someone should! But I don't like it, and don't see how I'll like it in the future.
    World pvp is 90% about being griefed, since the attacker has usually has every possible advantage over the target he is attacking - not to mention that most of world pvp is lvl85s killing lvl20s and corpse camping.
    More people around in the world on PvP servers = more opportunity for the "world pvp" or, in other words, constant mass griefing.

For every 10 people who vocally quit, 9.99999r of them preorder the expansion.

---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 11:28 PM ----------

That, and the ONLY difference between rolling PvE and PvP is that the latter is signing a waiver stating you're "TOTALLY DOWN with the inevitable grief fest to be issued by max level players."

Anyone who says otherwise is either deluding themselves or clearly had NO FRIGGIN CLUE what they were getting into. Read: should have rolled PvE.
    Last edited by commanderbeatdown; 2012-09-24 at 11:30 PM.
    If you love someone, you will focus your life on their happiness.

Blizz why you no make my PVPz server PVE. I didnt know PVPz meant I would ever see PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    That is what I mean about broken PvP. Can't claim that's "working as intended", as that's Blizzard's bottom line at stake (they make their money with players leveling).

Easiest fix is the 10 level PvP rule.
    That's exactly what I was praying would come from the CRZ fiasco. Honestly I can't think of any worse idea that Blizzard has had in a long, long time. I can't believe that other great ideas got shot down constantly during Cata for piddling stupid reasons, but something like this made the cut. What on Earth were they thinking? How incredibly out of touch are they with their player base? Did they really think that CRZ would be something other than a haven for gankers, trolls, and griefers?

The community is so bad (especially on new players) that people just assume that guy over there on the same quest as you is probably:

A. Not going to respond to your whisper
    B. Reply with a barrage of profanity, racist and homophobic slurs
    C. Call you a noob and put you on ignore

What on Earth possessed the devs to think that people would join up together and quest and make friends and sing happy happy joy all night?

Blizzard, in this decision to implement CRZ, is almost like the parents of a juvenile delinquent who doesn't want to face the fact that their kid is a foul mouthed hateful little punk, and if I buy him that switchblade he'll just use it to cut apples and peel oranges for his friends at their warm fuzzy picnic.

Please...get real.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    The community is so bad (especially on new players) that people just assume that guy over there on the same quest as you is probably:

A-never saw it happen. B--ditto. C--double ditto
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

really? for months even years ive saw countless threads complaining that no one goes into the world any more and world pvp is dead etc. people asked for it for so long and now that its here they dont want it?

"People "quitting" over realm queues - who else is laughing?"
    WoW players (also myself at times) :

Players: We want chocolate cake!!! Why won't you give us chocolate cake, Blizz? You are so bad we are never going to eat at yours again!
    Blizz: Calm down! Here is your chocolate cake, just as you guys wanted!
    Players: Uh, no?? It has poison in it and it will make me violently ill if I eat it. Maybe put a bit less poison inside it?
    [...]
    fixed
    Last edited by iggie; 2012-09-27 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    That's exactly what I was praying would come from the CRZ fiasco. Honestly I can't think of any worse idea that Blizzard has had in a long, long time. I can't believe that other great ideas got shot down constantly during Cata for piddling stupid reasons, but something like this made the cut. What on Earth were they thinking? How incredibly out of touch are they with their player base? Did they really think that CRZ would be something other than a haven for gankers, trolls, and griefers?

What on Earth possessed the devs to think that people would join up together and quest and make friends and sing happy happy joy all night?

Blizzard, in this decision to implement CRZ, is almost like the parents of a juvenile delinquent who doesn't want to face the fact that their kid is a foul mouthed hateful little punk, and if I buy him that switchblade he'll just use it to cut apples and peel oranges for his friends at their warm fuzzy picnic.

Please...get real.
    They catering for the new tween playerbase, wow is the CoD of the MMO world.

WoW players (also myself at times) :

Players: We want chocolate cake!!! Why won't you give us chocolate cake, Blizz? You are so bad we are never going to eat at yours again!
    Blizz: Calm down! Here is your chocolate cake, just as you guys wanted!
    Players: Uh, no?? It has too much chocolate?? Do you want us to get diabetes?! You are so bad we are never going to eat at yours again!
    [...]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    They aren't quitting. If they truly wanted to quit, they wouldn't care about whining on a forum, hoping it gets to noticed by Blizzard...
    Ofcourse they'll notice, they have all the hard facts, all the stats so they can see exactly how many that quits