Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard noticed Trion's Reddit AMA things or w.e the hell they are, and the livestreams. Blizzard wasn't doing that before Trion started to.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I don't want to have to warn you guys again. If you want to discuss Blizzards handling of WoW, there's a whole forum for it. This is the Rift forum, keep the discussion on topic.

Usually I absolutely despise questing hubs and leveling.
    Original Rift struggled in this department, appropriately Rifts were what made it decent the first time.

But Storm Legion leveling is going to be excellent. If there's one thing we know Trion can do, it's change things that aren't up to scratch. They've been listening for a long time now, the changes are going to blow people's minds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Is it really so odd? People don't like change, naturally. It just all comes down to if and when they get sick of whatever they have been playing. I frankly got sick of playing WoW in summer 2011, then got a full-time job and was getting ready to go back to college, so I was like, lol well screw this then! Then I got let go from the job, was like, I need something to do, didn't want to return to WoW, was like, hmm, maybe I'll give Rift a try.

Have not at all regretted that decision to the day, and it's been over a year.

Keeping in touch with friends is where I think people aren't being totally honest, they can EASILY keep in contact with friends from old guilds and shit nowadays. Phones, EvilBook, email, etc, they just want to keep playing games with the same people. That's what people really mean.
    I don't think it's odd at all, on the contrary I think it's a perfect explanation, and as for keeping in touch I meant in the context of playing games together, there are alot of people I get along really well with while playing games that only play WoW and I don't feel like paying for that game every month when there is no content I haven't done a million times, the mere thought of a sub fee for a game you already bought is pretty offputting altogether to me, I think alot of new added content regularly is required for that to be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Usually I absolutely despise questing hubs and leveling.
    Original Rift struggled in this department, appropriately Rifts were what made it decent the first time.

But Storm Legion leveling is going to be excellent. If there's one thing we know Trion can do, it's change things that aren't up to scratch. They've been listening for a long time now, the changes are going to blow people's minds.
    There is evidence in game to back this up; The water Saga (Implemented after launch) was interesting and well, gave you plenty of moments of head scratching, (the dialogue at that Island was like wtf?) and I think one of our moderators pointed out that Ember Isle's questing was a lot of fun, which I completely agree with.

I would like to see more of that, finding quests as you roam the world, geting sucked into rifts (carnage, normal or otherwise), jumping into IA's and doing Zone Invasions; one of the nicest things about the game is that you can lose complete track of time and not get a single thing you planned to do completed if you get pulled into the dynamic things that happen in the world.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Deleted
    The idea of chronicles is a brilliant one aswell I want to add, even if these particular ones could be soloed the idea of smaller dungeons tuned for 2-3 people is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    my biggest curiousity is hows rifts pvp? because I love both PvP and PvE and while they are astounding me with the PvE content...i'd hate to have one aspect that I normally enjoy playing go bye bye.

Deleted
    I sure hope so, for even though I am not playing Rift at the moment (because of money constraints) I still think Trion is doing an amazing job with it and hope they will continue to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    my biggest curiousity is hows rifts pvp? because I love both PvP and PvE and while they are astounding me with the PvE content...i'd hate to have one aspect that I normally enjoy playing go bye bye.
    PvP in Rift is interesting, largely because of the Spec Possibilities you have and the variety used by your opponents. to break it down, there are 5 war fronts (Bg's), PvP Rifts, and conquest, which is a 200v200v200 BG where u chose a faction and it turns into a bloodbath from there.

PvP is staggered however, you earn ranks at level 50, with each level tier having its own set of gear and u accumulate ranks through killing people (prestige). It is a grid, I won't lie to you, but you really feel like you are working towards something, and that makes it very rewarding to be in the upper tiers (40-50) - and the gear seriously bumps your stats. In addition, Planar attunement allows you to gain levels after 50 which give you bonus PvP talents (reducing your CD on your Break Free ability, for example).

Many people enjoy PvP in Rift, and many others loathe it. I submit that conquest is one feature I've tremendously enjoyed.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    On top of IA and questing there are other viable leveling paths. It is actually completely viable to level entirely through PvP. You get a very decent amount of XP in PvP and know several people who have leveled to 50 almost entirely via PvP never touching IA.
    How is the PVP anyways? I haven't really heard much on it, and I never tried it out either. (Was 40.. something on my highest character)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    Oh well, looks like I was beaten to it. :P

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    There is evidence in game to back this up; The water Saga (Implemented after launch) was interesting and well, gave you plenty of moments of head scratching, (the dialogue at that Island was like wtf?) and I think one of our moderators pointed out that Ember Isle's questing was a lot of fun, which I completely agree with.

I would like to see more of that, finding quests as you roam the world, geting sucked into rifts (carnage, normal or otherwise), jumping into IA's and doing Zone Invasions; one of the nicest things about the game is that you can lose complete track of time and not get a single thing you planned to do completed if you get pulled into the dynamic things that happen in the world.
    Completely and totally agree on this, just so unfortunate so many folks won't recognize this fact.

There's literally that much shit to do.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    How is the PVP anyways? I haven't really heard much on it, and I never tried it out either. (Was 40.. something on my highest character)

Oh well, looks like I was beaten to it. :P
    Depends how you like your PvP tbh.

If you're looking for competitive or ranked PvP with highly tactical team or solo play, then RIFT is not it. Trion from the outset have been more focused on open world, large scale, random encounter type PvP. There are no arenas, and class balance is not a massive focus with there frequently being a 'flavor of the patch' (though it never gets too wildly out of control, so don't worry).

If you're a casual PvP player who just likes to jump in and have at it, who enjoys the zerg of large scale battles, then RIFT will be enjoyable for you. Warfronts provide some more controllable and group friendly PvP, while Conquest will have you running around in raid sized groups smashing into the enemy, and either overwhelming them or being ground beneath their feet.

I didn't used to like rift, I tried it at first, and I found it boring.
    I'm playing a few mmos now, including mop and gw2. But I've just seen the trailer for Storm Legion, and read about the content that the expansion will have, OMG I'm so impressed, looks wonderfully AMAZING, and the amount of content is incredible. I'm talking to my wife right now, we will definetly give it another chance.
    And yeah besides the game, that should be the amount of content that a real expansion should have.
    Last edited by Trollhamaren; 2012-09-27 at 04:55 PM.
    OBEY THE PUG!

Deleted
    Well at this point saying Trion do a good job of supporting their mmo with new content is like saying something about bears, woods and the remains of fully digested campers.

But what I'd really like to see from an MMO is get rid of extending the level cap. From a PvE perspective, it makes all the old content obsolete and just adds new balance problems. Replace it with a pyramid-style system, and add a new raid to every tier and another single tier raid on the top. New stuff for everyone.

Although those dedicated souls who love leveling might not be happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paxx0r View Post
    Trion is the gaming market equivalent to Apple, quality, innovation/innovative improvements and good service <3
    And people still prefer android over iPhone and WoW and GW2 over Rift so I'd take that statement with a big grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    If you're a casual PvP player who just likes to jump in and have at it, who enjoys the zerg of large scale battles, then RIFT will be enjoyable for you. Warfronts provide some more controllable and group friendly PvP, while Conquest will have you running around in raid sized groups smashing into the enemy, and either overwhelming them or being ground beneath their feet.
    That's my kind of PVP really. Not competitive at all, I just like to pop in and enjoy myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerra View Post
    Well at this point saying Trion do a good job of supporting their mmo with new content is like saying something about bears, woods and the remains of fully digested campers.

But what I'd really like to see from an MMO is get rid of extending the level cap. From a PvE perspective, it makes all the old content obsolete and just adds new balance problems. Replace it with a pyramid-style system, and add a new raid to every tier and another single tier raid on the top. New stuff for everyone.

Then you should try gw2, in that game your level and gear doesn't matter. Since all mobs scale to your level. You will always die if you don't move.
    OBEY THE PUG!

Deleted
    Rift is a solid game but it's not for me. Tried it twice, one time at launch and one time a year after but I hated the clunky movements and the inferior PvP. Still it's nice that they still keep the game going since competition is very much needed in this genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerra View Post

The gear makes old content obsolete. However, if people just want to run it for fun, the level down system allows you to run content the way it was intended to be run. It'll still be easier, but it won't be much different than running an older tier raid at the same level that you're totally overgeared for.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    That's a bit of an absurd analogy. What matters in an mmo is "current" content. As it stands right now, Rift has more content than Cata had at end of it's life cycle.

Honestly don't want to get in to a This-game-vs-that-game, but please... no-one really gives a crap about old content except a few people.

What is it with people and their damn blind infatuation with a game like you are in love with and trying to win the affection of the same damn woman? Sheeez. It's a game. You are allowed to like and play more than one. One can be better than another, some people can prefer one of the other.

Feature for feature, Rift has more stuff than WoW Cata and Rift SL will by all appearances be bigger and probably have more to do than WoW MoP. If you like WoW, fine. GW2 added things that both WoW and Rift don't have and does things differently. It's okay. Nothing is going to happen. You can play whatever you want. Just stop the damn blind infatuation. Sheeez.

You can "move on" from an mmo at any time. No-one is going to hate you for it. WoW, "she" will forgive you. So will "Rift" and "GW2".
    It's impossible to be constructive when your have blind favoritism towards Rift also. My follow up post addressed my point and you missed the part about me having a subscription to RIFT.

Currently in SL there's 2 new continents, 7 dungeons, 3 raids and 1 additional Chronicle. Are there any previews of how many zones are included in the new continents? Because when you break it down it's about equal to say MOP.
    I modified my original question because it wasn't completely clear.