Thread: Elegon...

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    We killed in 14 attempts on 25man, with 1/3 mains. 2/3 alts last night. The boss isn't a dps race, its a tactical kill. The fact we killed with some people in greens from slack leveling of alts, just shows its not an immensely tight dps race, but a tight one indeed.

State of difficulty in Mogu'shan 25 normal, Elegon > Feng > Will > Spirit Kings > Stone Guards > Spiritbinder
    www.scrubbusters.com/ Currently World 12th 6/6hc
    ★★★twitch.tv/hyperia★★★ - Weekly raiding blog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceyara View Post
    We killed in 14 attempts on 25man, with 1/3 mains. 2/3 alts last night. The boss isn't a dps race, its a tactical kill. The fact we killed with some people in greens from slack leveling of alts, just shows its not an immensely tight dps race, but a tight one indeed.

State of difficulty in Mogu'shan 25 normal, Elegon > Feng > Will > Spirit Kings > Stone Guards > Spiritbinder
    For 10man I'd say it's probably

Elegon>Will>Spiritbinder>Spirit Kings>Feng>Stone Guards

Wiped more on Spiritbinder than we did any of the other first 4 combined. Heh <_<

I'm sure others have personal opinions but that's mine..
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Lol at him for using Windsong for his wep enchant. Badwarlockisbad.

Infracted~
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2012-10-04 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Will is extremely easy if your tanks execute the dance properly (Which we're doing) and your melee execute the dance properly (Not happening)

Once the melee do it properly it'll fall over without question.

If you have a look at some of the attempts in the logs I linked, the melee are doing like 30k, while the ranged are high 50s low 60s
    Not to mention the melee are requiring a crapload of additional heals, which leads to tank deaths considering they hit like freight trains transporting steroids, on steroids smoking crack laced with steroids

Jan-xi hits Raxxed 197945 (O: 10910)

^ ow.
    Another reason to rejoice for being able to have no melee in a fight! Huzzah lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayita View Post
    Another reason to rejoice for being able to have no melee in a fight! Huzzah lol.
    Lol :P

Stack boomkins! mass knockbacks for the adds and double dotting galore :P
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Haha, sadly only one! But you saw the roster I listed before. Just one rogue and thats it for melee. Although, I REALLY wish our prot pally would have switched to DK for this xpac!

Deleted
    For 10 man id rate Elegon>Feng>Spiritbinder>Will>Dogs>Kings

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, sadly only one! But you saw the roster I listed before. Just one rogue and thats it for melee. Although, I REALLY wish our prot pally would have switched to DK for this xpac!
    Ikr :P DK's are insane!
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    I dont think this Boss is hard at all its just a realy good tuned DPS Check. but we are talking about Non Heroic and for a NH Boss this is too much. Most raiders wont kill him until they have enough Gear, so expect a Nerf pretty soon

>.>

Melee are amazing on this fight provided they do it properly (which they should, it's really easy once you see it). Free 500k hit for dancing right? Yes please.

Deleted
    hm, this is a fun fight. it's kind of the embodiment of a good raid boss requiring both personal awareness and teamwork. i can understand that some people will be frustrated with it, but don't worry it will probably get tuned down a bit very soon if you feel it's impossible to kill it at the moment.

any engineer having fun running back to elegon?? them goblin gliders are awesome XD

we had 2 attempts so far and had 4 stacks of the debuff rolling and maybe we can get 5 if we do set up our group more nicely(hunters and their pets having issue with pet not attcaking the orb).

havent gotten to phase 3 yet but looks like just phase 1 with everyone focused on phew phew boss

seems like a really fun fight looking foward to heroic
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Just need to have good add phases and the boss is a joke

I hope Blizzard doesn't nerf it anytime soon, I look forward to wipe hard on him on Saturday... Been so long since last time.

Deleted
    This is not a huge dps check, I don't know what people are talking about. We have wiped at sub 10% like 3-4 times now, and every time we had like 40 secs to 1 min left on the enrage timer. Considering the bosses health drops SUPER FAST in the last phase, that's a shitload of time left. This is purely an execution fight. Every close kill wipe we had was due to people not resetting their debuff in time, or healers going oom.

This is a great fight. It is awesome to have to work on a normal mode, and I'm gonna be sad if blizzard nerfs it too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    any engineer having fun running back to elegon?? them goblin gliders are awesome XD

we had 2 attempts so far and had 4 stacks of the debuff rolling and maybe we can get 5 if we do set up our group more nicely(hunters and their pets having issue with pet not attcaking the orb).

havent gotten to phase 3 yet but looks like just phase 1 with everyone focused on phew phew boss

seems like a really fun fight looking foward to heroic
    You will want to have at least 7 stacks of the debuff if you want to have a fair chanse of beating it.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2012-10-05 at 04:27 AM.

There is some element of DPS tuning when you're trying to keep the number of Protectors down per phase, but I can't say we've hit the final burn phase quite yet to see where we're at in regards to hitting enrage or not.

Fun fight, difficult, easily will become much much easier after a couple weeks of gear.

Deleted
    We got it down last night, 10 man
    Setup:
    Prot warr
    Blood dk

Holy priest
    Holy pala

Enhance(me)
    Rogue
    Warlock
    Spriest
    Boomkin
    Mage

The fight is all about making the right strat for the kill. Optimizing your dps all the time.

7 attempts to kill it. 5 Attempts for the Will of the Emperor. Not sure I see the issue with this instance on normal :s.

Deleted
    Killed in 10man - Setup and strat:

Prot Pala
    Guardian Druid

Holy Pala
    Resto Shammy

Fire Mage
    Fire Mage
    Frost DK
    Frost DK
    Ret Pala
    Shadow Priest

For Orbs Stacks we did 6 + 5
    For Protector Adds - 1st add Mages Nuke and kill it. 2nd add every1 stays on boss till 86% then range switch and kill add. (Orbs at 85% and 50%)
    Orbs: 5 DPS on 1 Each. Both Tanks on 1 + Helping 1 Mage. Shadow Priest Helping on Other Mage + Ret Pala. Healers Helping Mages.

All DPS Kill their Own Pillar (the orb they were assign to) - with the shadow priest going to the tank pillar

Cleve little adds whilst running to boss - Ignore adds focus boss they will die.

Protectors adds - Mages Kill 1st 2, Then stay on boss for 3rd one - Range kill it at 51%.

Orb/Pillar phase same again.

After 2nd pillar All stack in melee - BL - CD - Zerg.

We started with 2 tanks 3 healers but kept enraging on 10%
    changed to 2 tanks 2 healers and killed it 50secs prior to enrage.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=4616&e=5139
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Gylup/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    There are two schools of thought at play here. Yours, which is a raid shouldn't be cleared in a week and you should have to gear up first. And, all raids should be clear-able with the gear you can have when the raid is released provided your players play smart enough.

This is a NORMAL raid, NOT heroic. Therefore I believe the raid should be tuned to the second school of thought. It should be possible provided you execute the mechanics correctly. A heroic raid should require you to gear up for a few weeks to meet the DPS requirement but not a normal. Normals should be about learning the tactics. LFR accomplishes this quite well but since LFR launches a week later and requires a high Ilevel that most casuals won't have for a while (different problem) it does not work well in this instance. Also, this is the first raid of the tier, it should not require you to gear up for weeks to down bosses, especially when the 2nd and 3rd raids are being released in 2 weeks. Again, we are talking about normal and not heroic. The above does not apply to heroics.
    Maybe you learned the wrong tactic then.

I didn't know you can learn tactics for 6 bosses in one evening without any preperation and clear every boss within 5 wipes. That's some pretty hardcore stuff right there.
    Normally people would be happy if they kill 4/6 of the bosses on the first evening.

For all I care they nerf it. Piece of shit community and game. Next tier you expect to clear every boss without wiping because it's a normal raid and say "If you want a challenge you should do heroic". Next expansion heroics are cleared by 75% on the first evening and if you want a challenge then you can do it without gear. What a joke, seriously.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 07:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by funanyo View Post
    We got it down last night, 10 man
    Setup:
    Prot warr
    Blood dk

Holy priest
    Holy pala

Enhance(me)
    Rogue
    Warlock
    Spriest
    Boomkin
    Mage

The fight is all about making the right strat for the kill. Optimizing your dps all the time.
    Some serious class stacking right here. /sarcasm

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 07:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    7 attempts to kill it. 5 Attempts for the Will of the Emperor. Not sure I see the issue with this instance on normal :s.
    But it has to be 5 attempts or less otherwise it's overtuned. /sarcasm

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 07:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    I agree with the overall attitude of posts like this, but we have to be honest and admit that while we may like this kind of game in normal modes, the bolded portions are contradictory to Blizzard's stated design intent for normal modes vs. heroic.
    They also never said it has to be faceroll. I see many different comps here who cleared it. What's the problem? Do you have 10 rogues in your guild or something?