Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    not really, as you can see in this thread many men fully support such action.
    Yes really, as all it would take is half the nation (women) to vote against the republican party. Plus all of the men supporting the democratic party. It would be a landslide every election. Math is hard. Idiot.

This thread is a good representation of the American people. Not. People's stupidity astounds me.

Infracted - Stay civil
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-10-12 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    You clearly have not been paying attention. Go look up the personhood amendment republicans have been pushing for awhile.
    Never going to happen. The worst the Republicans could manage is getting it dropped to a State level issue.

In which case abortions will probably still be practically available for most women who aren't in the Deep South.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Algearond View Post
    Source please?
    Abortion rates similar regardless of law
    Stats for 2003

Note the "nearly all deaths could have been prevented with affordable, legal abortion" conclusion in the second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KHShadowrunner View Post
    And those that don't choose? It's still ending a life. It's still "innocence lost".\
    That would obviously fall under the Rape and Incest category.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupart View Post
    Yes really, as all it would take is half the nation (women) to vote against the republican party. Plus all of the men supporting the democratic party. It would be a landslide every election. Math is hard. Idiot.
    Not all women are pro-choice. Some have been indoctrinated or indimitated.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

This thread is a good representation of the American people. Not. People's stupidity astounds me.
    Depressing, you assume that all women are pro-choice... I'm afraid this is simply not the case. And please avoid personally attacking. Debates and discussions are good, slander is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Not all women are pro-choice. Some have been indoctrinated or indimitated.
    If they were taking away the "right for a woman to control her own body", which this thread CLAIMS, all women would LOGICALLY be pro-choice. It is merely a case that involves making women suffer the consequences of their own actions instead of killing a baby who has rights to not deal with those consequences. Logic is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by KHShadowrunner View Post
    Depressing, you assume that all women are pro-choice... I'm afraid this is simply not the case. And please avoid personally attacking. Debates and discussions are good, slander is not.
    No, I'm merely replying to the topic at hand-- "Republicans taking away a woman's right to control her own body". If that were the case, again, all women would LOGICALLY be pro-choice. But wait, they're not. Because some women are moral beings and feel that it is not their right to murder a baby or control the consequences of their actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they were taking away the "right for a woman to control her own body", which this thread CLAIMS, all women would LOGICALLY be pro-choice. It is merely a case that involves making women suffer the consequences of their own actions instead of killing a baby who has rights to not deal with those consequences. Logic is hard.
    You're assuming humans are completely rational being, which they are not.

The fact so many Pro-Lifers exist is proof of this.

You're assuming humans are completely rational being, which they are not.

The fact so many Pro-Lifers exist is proof of this.
    LOL! I'm done arguing with an idiot. Continue killing off "cells" because you are too irresponsible to use contraceptive methods or control yourself. We all can easily see what party is of higher class.

Quote Originally Posted by Algearond View Post
    That would obviously fall under the Rape and Incest category.
    That's all well and good, but the argument is "that by performing an abortion, you are taking a life". This life is not warranted by the method in which it was created. Rape is a serious and horrible crime, but the child doesn't have any play in the role. Is it ok? The womans life may not even be in danger.

With incest, as much as I ... do not agree with the choice that some make to do that... It's not even forced. It's two people willingly engaging in sexual reproduction to the gratification of both sides. I mean, it's sex. There is a higher percentage of a chance that the child will be born with deficiencies (that research is proving is lower than they expected....), but that wasn't the child's choice. There's still the probability that the child will be absolutely fine. Worse yet, for the longest time this was how it was done!

So... why are there exceptions to the rules that seem legit when if you look at it from the child's perspective, there's absolutely no difference.

Ad hominems are a sign of logical failure.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 10:41 AM ----------

I am a supporter of prenatal screening for autism, yes.
    Just screening? Or abortion for all with autism?

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL! I'm done arguing with an idiot. Continue killing off "cells" because you are too irresponsible to use contraceptive methods or control yourself. We all can easily see what party is of higher class.
    What part about contraceptive failure do you not understand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Studies have shown it. Not because thousands of pregnancies are prevented, but because MILLIONS of pregnancies are avoided.

Here's a short blog that looks at the issue not just spending on contraceptives, but spending on ad campaigns that could help save money by avoiding unwanted/unplanned pregnancies.
    What studies shown that?
    if they were true, or reliable, how come that for example Germans are a dying part of the human species?
    Like I said in an earlier post. Germans don't have free birth control pills, they have to pay for them in full. Not even in fractions they are covered by any insurance.
    Reasoning is that they are a luxury or convenience medication that is NOT necessary to prevent pregnancy.... And despite of that Germans are still diminishing in numbers..
    By the studies logic we Germans should multiply like rodents.. if you refer to studies that apply to third world countries, then you may have a case.
    We're talking about the USA, who prides itself of being the worlds largest economy, and one of the leading tech/science nations on Earth..

I still stand by my statement...... Proper sexual education, proper common sense and responsibility are above all else with prevention of pregnancy.
    The pill is NOT the ultimate solution, not the holy grail against pregnancy. Because even IF a woman takes it, it requires her to take it flawlessly.. Never forget to take it, or else you may still get pregnant, if forgotten at the wrong day and time.
    In such case, it is a waste of tax money... Especially when it's free the mindset is already tainted..
    Ii am of a few years of age, and I know how often women forget to take that thing. I have not met a single woman yet in my life who has not forgotten to take the pill at least once a year. Most forget them repeatedly.
    Plus, there's an additional problem... Many women cannot take the pill. They cannot for health reasons. Other conditions interfere with taking the medication.
    One of em is my own. I have a healthy and happy sex life. I have just one child, which is already a grown up adult. I have sex for decades without fathering another child. And that despite that I basically just have to look at a woman for her to get pregnant lol, and that there's no pill involved.
    It's an education and responsibility issue. Think with your brain and not with your genitals. Especially us guys.. That's the main part of it.. Period!

Deleted
    Being pro-life isn't really about being anti-women. It's about thinking a fetus/embryo is a person.
    If the fetus was a person, then their argument would be much stronger than that of the pro-choice crowd.

Personally I don't really care if fetuses are killed for pragmatic reasons. Altough the closer to the date of birth, the more uncomfortable I am with it.

What part about contraceptive failure do you not understand?
    What part about the chances of that happening are less than 1%? Especially when using multiple methods. What part about if you didn't want a baby, you shouldn't have engaged in the action that CREATES babies don't you understand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Just screening? Or abortion for all with autism?
    Ethically, it's a dilemma. It would be unethical to the parents to deny them the choice, but unethical to the society to ask them to foot the bill for the disabled child.

Also, there is a difference between practical solutions and ethical solutions.

Rapists don't always use contraceptives.

No, I'm merely replying to the topic at hand-- "Republicans taking away a woman's right to control her own body". If that were the case, again, all women would LOGICALLY be pro-choice. But wait, they're not. Because some women are moral beings and feel that it is not their right to murder a baby or control the consequences of their actions.
    The quoted phrase I replied to stated:

"Yes really, and all it would take is half the nation (women) to vote against the republican party."

If you wish to retract the fact that this would lead to a landslide victory because "all it would take is half the nation (women)"

and instead declare

"all women would LOGICALLY be pro-choice. But wait, they're not. Because some women are moral beings and feel that it is not their right to murder a baby or control the consequences of their actions."

You're welcome to actually say that you indeed changed your stance and mind.

That's an awfully loaded question.
    Pro-lifers (not all Republicans are pro-life) 1) consider life as beginning at conception and 2) think that the infant's "right to life" supersedes the woman's "right to choose."