10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Only if you're Japanese. If you aren't then you would have an even tougher time getting the jokes, understand it or not.
    Start learning \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Start learning \o/
    I think it's a bit harder to learn an entire culture rather then just a language.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a bit harder to learn an entire culture rather then just a language.
    Doesn't matter, start learning \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    From the little I read, that was the problem gg found subbing this show, most of the jokes apparently were puns, and its hard to translate wordplay from a language to another.
    There are two directions I have seen sub groups go with puns, either try and change them into an english pun that is similar to the original or add translation notes to explain each pun. I prefer the second route myself, even though it usually means having to pause the episode to read the note, since it is more true to the original writer's intent and I get to learn a little bit about the language and/or culture.

Deleted
    Meh, going to rewatch Madoka. Wish me luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    hard is not a reason to not do it!
    Is this the part where I make a lewd joke.
    *ahem*
    If anything, hard is a very good reason to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Worer View Post
    Meh, going to rewatch Madoka. Wish me luck.
    No luck shall be wished, feel the relentless feels by yourself, catharsis is wonderful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Nichijou is my new favorite show.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Deleted
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/77947262/%3B_______%3B.jpg

;_________________________;

Manime cave?

Changed to link for possible NSFW
    Last edited by DarkFerret; 2012-10-16 at 01:11 PM.
    Walking to Mordor. 120.4/6230km
    1RMs: bench-111.1kg, squat-147.4kg, deadlift-158.8kg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFerret View Post
    Manime cave?

[IMG]Redacted[IMG]
    Am I the only one who spies nipple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    It has Yukari Yakumo so it's instantly good
    *makes note to get Yukari tattoo*

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    I'm pretty sure Nichijou is my new favorite show.

[slowpoke]
    Don't feel too bad. I started watching Fate/Zero months ago and still haven't finished it.

I may as well wear a slowpoke hat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFerret View Post
    Manime cave?

Changed to link for possible NSFW
    Takes a special someone to want to live in a place like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Madoka Magica is most likely going to have another two-cour series after the third movie, and more movies.

Really I'm neither surprised or upset. I'm actually happy, because a 12 cour show didn't do the series anywhere near to enough justice. They could elaborate so much more on the world. I wouldn't call this milking it in the slightest. Sure some things milk, but I know with this story I would always love to see more of it.

Deleted
    Madoka Magica is most likely going to have another two-cour series after the third movie, and more movies.

Really I'm neither surprised or upset. I'm actually happy, because a 12 cour show didn't do the series anywhere near to enough justice. They could elaborate so much more on the world. I wouldn't call this milking it in the slightest. Sure some things milk, but I know with this story I would always love to see more of it.
    I won't be upset if it's a spin-off that's unrelated to the original story.

The main Madoka story has been told. I'm not opposed to the movies dolling it up a little, but I reserve judgment until I actually see them.

But a whole other series or two? That's unnecessary. If made they need to explore other characters. A new group of girls in the post-Godoka world might be cool, but leave the other girls out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The main Madoka story has been told. I'm not opposed to the movies dolling it up a little, but I reserve judgment until I actually see them.

But a whole other series or two? That's unnecessary. If made they need to explore other characters. A new group of girls in the post-Godoka world might be cool, but leave the other girls out.
    Really only a small part has been told of the universe, a fragment.

The entire series is an alternate x a lot universe. What if they went back to the original universe for example? I seriously doubt the 24 episode series is going to be a continuation, even the movie. It'll definitely be in an alternate universe with the same characters (most likely). Really the series we got would be just a chapter in any novel about this universe and characters.

The entire series is an alternate x a lot universe. What if they went back to the original universe for example? I seriously doubt the 24 episode series is going to be a continuation, even the movie. It'll definitely be in an alternate universe with the same characters (most likely). Really the series we got would be just a chapter in any novel about this universe and characters.
    But there is no point in exploring any of that because we saw the main conflict and its conclusion.

Eh, that sounds more like "milking" after the third movie, which is already going to be a sequel to the massive differences in the first two movies. Unless they show Oriko or the ones with Jyuubey, more of Homura's time traveling seems unnecessary since we've already seen the outcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I alone in not liking Madoka? :c
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Am I alone in not liking Madoka? :c
    I don't like it either, but that's mainly because of the drawing style so I can't even get started with the series past episode 1.