Poll: Still Playing?

Thread: Unsubbed?

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Why they didn't gate pvp gear behind millions of dailies? You know - you can get your pvp set from Sha of Anger, craftables and BMAH, so PVP points vendor would be optional.
    They gate it behind 15k+ Honor. Not really sure what your point is here, theres an optional route to get lots of SUB RAID quality items (if thats the route you (bamda da daaaam) CHOOSE (tripple underlined exclamation mark) to take) or you can get some crafted PvP gear and go kill some raid bosses till you've got better gear than the people CHOOSING (again triple underlined exclamation mark) to do dailies will get.

So you're saying... nvm... your logic is so f*cked I can't even begin to start :P

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 10:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    reduce the amount of reputation gained from doing them.
    As someone who was almost exalted with the Explorers League before they literally GAVE away the rep free with random dungeon finder, I fully support this. I did some cloud serpent dailies and got 740 rep for one quest. Dafuq? Isn't that about 10x what you should be getting?? Andyet people STILL complain?? LOL

Wheres the Winterspring grind. You show the ppl whining their little asses off about dailies now the old Wintersaber grind they'd literally crap their insides out thier ass.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2012-11-01 at 10:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    No and every time I read this on the forums I'm gonna call out the posters as a flaming hoon.
    It helps to kill bosses. They won't rain epics if you just wipe on the first trash pack over and over. Which from your statement I'm gonna assume is the extent of your raiding
    However, you didn't reply on any points I made. Including primary purpose of badges of Justice/Emblems vendor.

You can assume what you want. I am raiding since TBC, with first server Vashj kill, and all preMoP hc content done in it's current time (and farmed to no end). MoP raiding however doesn't move far (still further than 1st trash pack), you are right, as people don't show any interest in MoP's content and it's dailies. Mot of our team has worked together since TBC and we are just about to call it here.

However, you didn't reply on any points I made. Including primary purpose of badges of Justice/Emblems vendor.

You can assume what you want. I am raiding since TBC, with first server Vashj kill, and all preMoP hc content done in it's current time (and farmed to no end). MoP raiding however doesn't move far (still further than 1st trash pack), you are right, as people don't show any interest in MoP's content and it's dailies. Mot of our team has worked together since TBC and we are just about to call it here.
    Right back atcha Now please, tell me again how these optional dailies that reward lower quality items than raids are MANDATORY and that people who don't realise this just "don't have a clue what they are talking about ... can't grasp WoW"

EDIT: If your Server first Vash'j guild can't clear 6/6 in roughly 460 Ilvl then its not the same team.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2012-11-01 at 11:08 AM.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

They gate it behind 15k+ Honor. Not really sure what your point is here, theres an optional route to get lots of SUB RAID quality items (if thats the route you (bamda da daaaam) CHOOSE (tripple underlined exclamation mark) to take) or you can get some crafted PvP gear and go kill some raid bosses till you've got better gear than the people CHOOSING (again triple underlined exclamation mark) to do dailies will get.

So you're saying... nvm... your logic is so f*cked I can't even begin to start :P
    I can say that VP gear is gated behind XX Valor. Not reallky sure what was your counter-point. There is an optional route to get lots of sub-last-pvp-season quality pvp items, and you can even get current ones from Sha of Anger. Thus I can say that PvP-points vendor is optional, and can be gated behind millions of dailies.

It is so useless to argue here, my guess you never did raiding or that you started in MoP and don't know that raid bosses in 10-men drop 2 items, and they prefer always to drop all same items each time. It is called lottery and flawed design, people couldn't really gear up at all with such system in t1-3. Thats why system was improved and Badge of Justice vendor introduced. Instead of further improving system, raiders were robbed of less or more reliable gearing up way, all they have now is just lottery. But hey, VP vendors were intended for people who do dailies! Right...

Edit: and agree on your point in previous post. VP gear should be ilvl 496 to make it on par with raiding content. Still a lot of pieces are better itemized than raid drops, in some cases raids don't even have analogue for same slot.

Edit #2: MSV 6/6 or 0/6 - it has zero relevance to discussed subject. However, I don't see that you are much of raider yourself, in best case you are late starter.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-11-01 at 11:13 AM.

It is so useless to argue here, my guess you never did raiding or that you started in MoP and don't know that raid bosses in 10-men drop 2 items, and they prefer always to drop all same items each time. It is called lottery and flawed design, people couldn't really gear up at all with such system in t1-3.
    2 items for 10 raiders > 2 items for 40 raiders. EDIT: (or 3 items for 25 man, Gruul dies, woo 2 tier pieces and one non-tier item, whoop whoop)

Sorry that your 10 man team hasn't geared you out fully in the first 4 weeks raids have been available. Must be a flawed system, guess that means we've all GOT to do dailies now.

Eitherways, we're 2 posts along in our discussion and you've yet to say why dailies are mandatory. 3rd tries a charm I guess

EDIT: Loot lotteries and the badge system is one argument, am I to understand that dailies are mandatory because after the xth kill of a boss he still might not have dropped the gear you want? Sorry pal, that still does NOT make them mandatory

(Spoiler; You ain't gonna proove they are mandatory because they aren't, if it saves you the trouble of corkscrewing your mind through that concept)
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2012-11-01 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taters91 View Post
    Through out cata - people whine about not having anything to do.
    MoP gives more to go - rather go afk in a main city.
    That is all i got out of this post as well. Loving how i am never bored in Mop.

Eitherways, we're 2 posts along in our discussion and you've yet to say why dailies are mandatory. 3rd tries a charm I guess

(Spoiler; You ain't gonna proove they are mandatory because they aren't, if it saves you the trouble of corkscrewing your mind through that concept)
    I don't see point. Sometimes I feel like talking with wall. To your "edit" - in your life, do you rely on lottery tickets to make your income? As you know, having job or running your own business is optional. Who cares if you get lose tickets for xx time, not working is optional. Or maybe you get lottery tickets as your salary?

I don't see point. Sometimes I feel like talking with wall. To your "edit" - in your life, do you rely on lottery tickets to make your income? As you know, having job or running your own business is optional. Who cares if you get lose tickets for xx time, not working is optional. Or maybe you get lottery tickets as your salary?
    To answer your "analogy" if I could survive without money and I only lived for playing the lottery then YES YES I WOULD. But suddenly thats where your analogy breaks down As do all "comparing what you do in a video game to what you do in real life" arguments pretty swiftly...

They made Godwins Law to stop people making false dichotmoies about the Nazis' can we make Aeneas' Law to stop people comparing video games to real life?

"As soon as one side in a video game discussion tries to draw an analogy between the video game and real life, they immediately lose the argument"

Back on topic though, so far your justification for the utter BS you stated earlier is "I can't be bothered to explain".

Well GG

Given that theres incentive for you to do ANYTHING in the game, what incentive (appart from actually HAVING the rep) makes dailies mandatory? You wanna progress your toons gear - go ahead plenty ways to do that without dailies. You wanna raid, go nuts. You wanna PvP go nuts. Wanna ... well the list goes on. So far the only thing you can't do without doing dailies is... BE revered/exalted with the factions and access some fancy mounts.

You want those mounts you gotta farm for them. But possession of those mounts is entirely optional.

Hopefully you can log on later and feel released from the shackles of the opressive daily routine by the light of wisdom I've just shared with you (loljokes gonna go online and bitch to the guild about all the dailies GC is forcing you to do *teehee*)
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2012-11-01 at 11:33 AM.

Still playing and still of the opinion that this is the best Xpac ever. There is nothing wrong with the dailies, Dungeons, or anything else. Actually, if it weren't for the dailies it wouldn't be as enjoyable. I'm looking forward to 5.1 and more quests. Questing is the best part of the game. Arenas are the worst and I don't concern myself with them at all. There is also nothing wrong with Ghostcrawler.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Still playing and still of the opinion that this is the best Xpac ever. There is nothing wrong with the dailies, Dungeons, or anything else. Actually, if it weren't for the dailies it wouldn't be as enjoyable. I'm looking forward to 5.1 and more quests. Questing is the best part of the game. Arenas are the worst and I don't concern myself with them at all. There is also nothing wrong with Ghostcrawler.
    Careful now, not sure this is the right environment for confessing to actually enjoying your hobby...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    "Not being able to resubscribe" is not really the same thing as "unsubscribing" when taken in the context of the OP. One is generally done by choice, the other isn't.

It's like you just completely ignored the entire thread and it's context just to make an incredibly weak point.
    Nope. What i was criticizing is that some people come with "facts" that simply aren't facts. Its about this sentence "I can confidently say that the majority who quit actually wanted to keep playing, but something drove them away." Where do you get this information from? Either you have more information than everyone else here, or you are simply exaggerating. I can understand why people are pissed of by MOP, thats ok, everyone can have his opinion. But claiming you know that almost everyone who unsubbed was driven away, because MOP is so bad, is just BS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Nope. What i was criticizing is that some people come with "facts" that simply aren't facts. Its about this sentence "I can confidently say that the majority who quit actually wanted to keep playing, but something drove them away." Where do you get this information from? Either you have more information than everyone else here, or you are simply exaggerating. I can understand why people are pissed of by MOP, thats ok, everyone can have his opinion. But claiming you know that almost everyone who unsubbed was driven away, because MOP is so bad, is just BS.
    From the people I have spoken to over the last 6 years that quit, as GM of a friendly casual raiding guild I was always told why people were quitting in detail.

Besides, I never claimed to "know" anything, I never stated anything as fact, hence the term "I can confidently say..." and not "I know...". What I can say for sure is my statement is true for 100% of the people I know that have quit over the past 6 years, including myself. Realistically somewhere in the region of 50+ people. It's also pretty obvious from the floods of forum posts both here and on the official forums that the majority of people who quit out of choice (and not because of funds, education, whatever...) do so because of changes to the game that they don't like. If it's not obvious why people then go on to voice their opinions then... *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Zarod View Post
    Wrath babies hating, tbc veterans loving.

Ah the daily Ogrila>Skettis>Netherwing grind, good stuff.

It did feel better to have a daily cap.
    Sunwell, server first Mu'ru here. Netherwing, ogrilla and skettis all offered cosmetic rewards. Gear in BC came from reps you got in the dungeons ( a dozen of them !!) and the badges you got from killing bosses in the dungeons.

Also, you play a game...the word veteran should not be used in the context of a game. Let's leave it to show respect to the real vets. You are just someone with an addiction and your addiction has reached a level where the dealer can cut on the good stuff because they know you will need your buzz no matter what they do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    My question is this: is anyone else sick of blizzard or are they sticking around?
    I've always liked Blizzard games. But they definitely changed the last few years. I think most of their games are poor to mediocre now.

Starcraft II, Diablo 3 and Cataclysm have been big disappointments. (mind you, I wasn't even expecting D3 to be better than D2. I was expecting a mediocre game at best, but the crap they released was far below mediocre) So yeah, I'm not really a fan of Blizzard anymore. They can do good, we've seen that in the past, but their recent business strategy plain sucks.

I haven't played MoP and I don't want to. Cataclysm has shown the future of WoW, and it's not pretty. Glad I unsubbed before MoP, but I wish I would've done it sooner.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    I haven't unsubbed. For all of those people saying there is nothing entertaining to do, what IS entertaining? I mean, we have:

--Dailies (admittedly not entertaining)
    --Raiding (LFR, Normal, and Heroic Vaults, and Normal Heart of Fear and Terrance of Endless Spring are here/close to it)
    --PvP (Unbalanced, but getting fixed soon--HOPEFULLY)
    --Dungeons (cakewalk heroics, Challenge Modes)
    --Pet Battles (something I find very fun)
    --Alts (something I don't care for, but others like)
    --Making Money (I kind of enjoy this)
    --Pet/Mount collection (can be entertaining to do old content for such things)

So, what my point is, what DO you want?
    Not to forget

-World PvP
    -Achievements
    -Exploring (loads of easter eggs)
    -Socialize with friends

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 01:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Record time for me. Not even two weeks into the expansion. Dailies fucking suck.
    I've downed mogushan, never done a single daily, my gear is atm, good. What's your point? It's like complaining, fuck, I have to do the prequests in Vanilla and TBC before I could do the raid on my main or alt. yes they were long. So stop talking nonesening bullshit as it is really not required. I haven't done a single daily, I still stand strong and say I wont.

I like the feeling of having accomplished something. I started playing in TBC, and I felt like wrath handed epics out like candy. didn't get too much playtime in cata due to some rl family problems, but I didn't play long enough to get burned out on DS. I do wish that my droprates in lfr were better, because I've done sha like, 3 or 4 times, and lfr two weeks in a row now for msv, and have gotten one peice of gear, and pvp gear off sha isn't what I'm really looking for But, all in all, I'm pretty happy with this expansion. It feels nice to have something to do other than faceroll and get handed free lewtz.

I like MoP so far. The music is great, the story isn't bad, and I feel like I have something to work towards when it comes to dailies. I got really bored wearing a tabard and running dungeons for rep. Cata was an awful expansion. I'm happy with what they have done in MoP. Next patch with world PVP coming, I think that will be a big boost in playability.

Atrahasis was Pro Swtor hipster. Since it crashed and burned. He came back to WoW pissed off at the world.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I've always liked Blizzard games. But they definitely changed the last few years. I think most of their games are poor to mediocre now.

Starcraft II, Diablo 3 and Cataclysm have been big disappointments. (mind you, I wasn't even expecting D3 to be better than D2. I was expecting a mediocre game at best, but the crap they released was far below mediocre) So yeah, I'm not really a fan of Blizzard anymore. They can do good, we've seen that in the past, but their recent business strategy plain sucks.

I haven't played MoP and I don't want to. Cataclysm has shown the future of WoW, and it's not pretty. Glad I unsubbed before MoP, but I wish I would've done it sooner.
    You play precious. I quit WoW cuz it's bad and no content. That is the obvious reason most do.

Let's have a question

- How many hit 2200 Rating - Gladiator - Rank 1 in WoW?
    - How many have cleared all the contents HC version?
    - How many have at the end of the expansion had almost 95% of the achievements?
    - How many here have Grand Marshal/High Warlord?

Answer me these, this will show a result of 0,5-2,5% of the whole player base in a average. I have no stats but this is my assumption. I'm pretty confident it's a low number, and people complain there's no content? The game is too easy? There's nothing to do? I see at every corner some stuff to do.

Stop acting like you're such a precious player and making it sound, "I quit wow, now blizzard will suffer because they didn't make the game to fulfill my cravings."

If you think WoW is so bad, go check at the other game companies.
    TOR?
    GW2?
    RIFT?
    AION?
    AOC?
    WARHAMMER?
    TERA?

What was there that these games could fill the gap with? Nothing, what can Blizzard fill the gap with? Alot! I don't seem to get your theories. Oh the PvP is unbalanced, dailies too much I don't wanna play anymore I hate you blizzard.

People don't see how Blizzard works. It's a large company. A healthy company uses about 10-15% of their income into advertisement. For a preparations (F:Example Expansions) they use alot more. I'd say around 25-30%. Blizzard has around 5 000 employes. This was in 2009. Now this is just a random number for their salary, let's give them a number such as 2000 dollars a month, which is fair for some, for others not. That is a yearly salary of 24 000.

5000 employes * 24 000 = 120 000 000 Dollars as a yearly outcome for salaries.
    Blizzard has 10 000 000 subscribers * paying 15 dollars. = 150 000 000 this times 12 for 12 months. 1 800 000 000. We said at start that around 30% went to marketing. Which is 450 000 000. Throughout different websites, going into cinematic creations, videos, extra overtime payement, all that stuff and yes maybe more or less. 35% take or give goes to takes from the first pot. Which again is 630 000 000. Now we're at 1 080 000 000. Now we got a remaining of 930 000 000 Which goes directly to the underpaid staff I made for Blizzard and all other costs, overtime, extra fee for the workers, electricty bills, keeping the servers up, the loan here and there, pimp ups. In short, this is not the real numbers, probably far from it as many services haven't been taken into consideration, but make outcomes hasn't. Just think of this, driving a company is not only seeing what comes in, you have so much going out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Its about this sentence "I can confidently say that the majority who quit actually wanted to keep playing, but something drove them away." Where do you get this information from? Either you have more information than everyone else here, or you are simply exaggerating. I can understand why people are pissed of by MOP, thats ok, everyone can have his opinion. But claiming you know that almost everyone who unsubbed was driven away, because MOP is so bad, is just BS.
    Not because MoP is that bad.... "something" drove them away.
    Actually the part that says "they wanted to keep playing but something drove them away" could be true for a lot of people (for me it is true).
    I think the best hint (cause we don't have hard fact or evidence) is that a lot of players who have stopped playing, are still here and venting their opinions about wow.
    If they stopped because they wanted to stop themselves, they wouldn't be this mad about some changes.

I personally love wow since I started playing. Now, the grind and the pace of the game are in such way that I just don't feel that my investment of time in the game gives me enough to feel satisfied playing a game. So I unsubbed... and I am here ranting about the dailies, the slow re-grind and how everything is locked behind it.
    I am ranting because basically I want to keep playing, but I just can't anymore. With the time I have to play a game, I can't do anything I find meaningfull.
    Maybe I will just have the cloudserpents exalted on 1 char and can ride the serpent, by the time the next xpac is knocking on the door.
    And to be honest, I am not prepared to pay for that.

So yeah, I can relate to that sentence that they wanted to stay subbed and keep playing but something drove them away. That something doesn;t have to be MoP as xpac... but something.