Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    You start out with 1 Burning Ember already.... Pop Cooldowns gem for PvP Power and reforge for crit and its a 250k chaos bolt so where is the ramp up time?!
    Only a bad played destro lock will use up your one ember on a full health target like that after that you have lost a powerful heal, your execute and other abilities if you every knew how to play a lock you dont empty your resources off the bat unless you know its a kill and yes still ramp up time considering you need to set up the burst still if you pop everything and it gets reflected,pally bubble, iceblocked anything like that your pretty screwed and wont have the chance to cast it again vs good players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Ability is only usable sub 20% like execute and so it critting for anything more than 50k really doesn't matter.

The other abilities though are a little absurd. I've been getting crit for 180k followed by 130k on my warrior on the PTR with full malevolent gear in defensive stance in duels.

Blah blah warriors OP I know. As it just so happens, any class played moderately well on the PTR is able to push out cd stacked warrior level burst. And WW monks are looking amazing with their sustained rivaling most classes burst.
    normally i just ignore stuff you say because it's mostly outrageous. but you constantly whimper about your warrior. i say this in the nicest way possible dude; you should maybe try pve if you're struggling with warrior right now.. ESPECIALLY against locks. wtf? lol. should be cake for you in any situation.

Deleted
    Shadowburn is our execute.
    Remove Execute and SW: D and we can talk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Ability is only usable sub 20% like execute and so it critting for anything more than 50k really doesn't matter.

The other abilities though are a little absurd. I've been getting crit for 180k followed by 130k on my warrior on the PTR with full malevolent gear in defensive stance in duels.

Blah blah warriors OP I know. As it just so happens, any class played moderately well on the PTR is able to push out cd stacked warrior level burst. And WW monks are looking amazing with their sustained rivaling most classes burst.
    Spell reflect is hard hmmkay

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    I love how people are complaining about dying to an execute <.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    And the mages frost tree, which seems to be about getting a window of opportunity for a 100% Execute.

Deleted
    Chaos bolt has around a 3 second cast time, requires a burning ember (normally you enter a fight with only one), you let that warlock cast that spell and you have already failed... Unless I cast Unending Resolve (immune to interrupts and silences for 8 seconds) I can't cast chaos bolt at all while focused, assuming the other player knows what he's doing. You might say "well fear him then cast it" but it feels like everyone and their grandmother has a way to break the fear early. We are even getting a whole new spell, for the sole purpose of giving us a chance to cast it (Cataclysm).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Chaos bolt has around a 3 second cast time, requires a burning ember (normally you enter a fight with only one), you let that warlock cast that spell and you have already failed... Unless I cast Unending Resolve (immune to interrupts and silences for 8 seconds) I can't cast chaos bolt at all while focused, assuming the other player knows what he's doing. You might say "well fear him then cast it" but it feels like everyone and their grandmother has a way to break the fear early. We are even getting a whole new spell, for the sole purpose of giving us a chance to cast it (Cataclysm).
    You manage to cast chaosbolt during unending resolve?
    I usually just get stunned or feared as soon as I try to cast chaosbolt during UR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    You manage to cast chaosbolt during unending resolve?
    I usually just get stunned or feared as soon as I try to cast chaosbolt during UR.
    I'm usually stunned and feared as well, but there are times opponents miss that I have it on and waste an interrupt/silence on it and let me finish casting it. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    The line between insanity and brilliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    Being in a BG, with 52% pvp resillience and 18% pvp damage, i would do decently. i know i ain't fully geared in epics and what not, but this is just absurd.

so, i'm trying to cap Blacksmith in AB, and this warlock come flying down with levitate from LM. dot - dot - 140k crit 120k crit and some minor abilitys, and i'm dead..
    If he has more than 1 dot. Hes affliction Which means you turn /lol /pity at him. then kill him. Now that we have cleared that up, in this scenario he used at least 5 abilities. Which mean at least 6.5 seconds you had to react to do something. Did you stand there and go oh shit. Look a caster flying at me. What should I do? Then think about it as he was casting at you? As a destro lock with 29% pvp power With CDs blown on a decently geared person Ill be lucky to get a 130k chaos bolt crit. 2.8s cast time with my haste. Even If I have backdraft up its still over 1.4 seconds. Your strawman numbers do you no credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing should crit for more then 100k on any class! So when an ability crits for over 100k (or hits!), have it only do 100k instantly and then have it apply a dot that ticks out 10% of that overage every second for 10s.

So instead of a 180k Chaos Bolt, it would be a 100k Chaos Bolt with a dot that ticks for 8k every second for 10s. Every ability that does over 100k would get its own separate dot, damage would be completely the same, burst would be lower.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The line between insanity and brilliance.
    I dont think that will ever happen. The only way to kill a healer is with burst. If you remove burst you create so many other problems. Burst is the product of other influences. Remove the other issues, then you can deal with burst. WoW should have done it a long time ago. Ability X does Y dmg when used in pve. It does Z dmg when used in pvp. Same for heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylucifer View Post
    I dont think that will ever happen. The only way to kill a healer is with burst. If you remove burst you create so many other problems. Burst is the product of other influences. Remove the other issues, then you can deal with burst. WoW should have done it a long time ago. Ability X does Y dmg when used in pve. It does Z dmg when used in pvp. Same for heals.
    Yeah Im not buying that you need to crit for 50% of someones health to kill a healer.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Shadow priests and warlocks both have a ton of cc, defenses, and damage. They are simply far more powerful than a lot of other classes right now.
    And a lot more classes are far more powerful than warlocks right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    bunch of bullshit that no one wants to read.

LOL this guy has obviously never found his lynx rush/stampede abilities. Or his fear of chaos bolts would IMMEDIATELY disappear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumble View Post
    And a lot more classes are far more powerful than warlocks right now.
    This idea that locks are really any worse off then mages or shadow priests or warriors is laughable. Instant fear, immunity, Chaos Bolts for 50% of someones health, AOE that covers the whole arena... top of the line burst, cc, survival tools. The only problem locks have is that shadow priest healing makes them a better class to bring and they lost their arena spots.

And for RBGs locks are almost mandatory for the CC and utility they bring not to mention 1 shotting the FC at 10 stacks.

crying about locks when hunters and wars are insane? GG

Deleted
    Locks will get nerfed. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to troll you warlocks, but the amount of crying is enormous, so it is inevitable. The problem is that after a nerf is devised, destro will probably be useless in pvp.

Deleted
    ive not noticed any insane damage from warlocks, they are a rather easy class to shut down, i dont think they need a damage nerf. whats needed is a fear nerf, reduce the damage threshold of fear by about 10% and its much better. thats really the only problem i am having with warlock at the moment, is being nearly killed within the fear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    Locks will get nerfed. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to troll you warlocks, but the amount of crying is enormous, so it is inevitable. The problem is that after a nerf is devised, destro will probably be useless in pvp.
    any lock that's decent and has been around for a while doesnt like the way destro handles at the moment either. it's not fun and constricting and the skill cap is chopped in half from cata destro..dmg was cata destro's only problem.. and blizzard took what we whined about with chaos bolt and turned it into a monster.

aff needs to come back.

that said... anyone claiming that destro locks are more of an issue than spriest and mages is fkn retarded. sorry. they arent in a terrible spot.. its manageable, but lets be real...lol. if you dont see him coming and he pops all cds and CBs you, its basically the same as a warrior popping 1 shot macro and you standing beside him or 3 secs. gonna hurt.. pay attention.