Poll: A fix to the daily grind options.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dont like doing dailies? Dont do them then. If you still do them because of the gear, you shouldn't complain either because YOU'RE DOING IT FOR THE GEAR. There are more things in life you have to work for to achieve something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosios View Post
    Dont like doing dailies? Dont do them then. If you still do them because of the gear, you shouldn't complain either because YOU'RE DOING IT FOR THE GEAR. There are more things in life you have to work for to achieve something.
    Life=/=Video game.

People play video games to escape life and to have fun when something is not fun to do people won't do them.
    but there is times in a game where you feel forced to do them.

Daily's feel forced due to there current setup and blizzard calling them content.

I personally feel gear should not have a rep tied to it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Would it help if I said that you chose to be locked into a city? Their were all kinds of dailies in Cata and yet....
    I had no reason to do them. I missed whatever content, storylines and whatnot Blizzard made with the Cataclysm dailies because I were far better off standing in Orgrimmar waiting for the queue.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dailies giving 5 valor each is a very good thing.* I'm not convinced rep requirements for Valor gear are a bad thing, but I'm also not convinced that requiring revered is a good thing. Honored is probably enough.

I think LFR's current loot set-up and weekly lockout is good. If anything, I'd like to see the addition that every time you kill a boss in a given week (after your first kill!) you have the option to spend 2 Elder Charms of Good Fortune for a loot roll (and get no loot otherwise).

* - If a few of the dailies awarded 10 valor, i.e., the final and/or hardest daily for factions selling valor gear, it'd be even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I had no reason to do them. I missed whatever content, storylines and whatnot Blizzard made with the Cataclysm dailies because I were far better off standing in Orgrimmar waiting for the queue.
    That's fine and that's your choice but you can't say it was because their was a lack of anything to do outside of Org. I mean I agree with you by and large I had no reason to do them. Now I have no reason to do dungeons. We've went from one extreme to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Life=/=Video game.

People play video games to escape life and to have fun when something is not fun to do people won't do them.
    but there is times in a game where you feel forced to do them.

Daily's feel forced due to there current setup and blizzard calling them content.

I personally feel gear should not have a rep tied to it.
    Well ofcourse there are other ways to get gear. My point is, they are still optional, no matter how you look at it. If you dont like them, dont do them. If you continue doing them, dont complain.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    In a way its still like that if you want it to be. Stand in org spam LFD/LFR/Scenarios
    and in the next patch the brawlers club "wow fight club" with all of that they can not say daily's are there to get you in the world cause that's just a lie.

I personally feel daily's are the way they are to slow down people burning threw content because blizzard *not clue why* can't keep up with it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, dailies feel forced because people seem to have a really twisted view of what the word "forced" means...

Is someone holding a gun to your head telling you that either you'll do the dailies or he'll shoot you? No? Then you're not forced to do anything.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Well ofcourse there are other ways to get gear. My point is, they are still optional, no matter how you look at it. If you dont like them, dont do them. If you continue doing them, dont complain.
    If you wish to max your toon out in every way u can it is not a option your forced to do it this way.

and my point is there needs to be a better way to do it. at this rate players will get burnt out on daily's before ever getting burnt out on raids and they will just unsub saying *what is the point*

Also there is no other way besides LFR.

There is no other way to spend valor unless getting rep and that should not be a required to do.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-11-02 at 02:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The aren't other ways to get reward out of valor however. The point system in 5.1 won't change this I feel. If it was actually rewarding then it would completely go against their goal of making boss drops number 1 reward.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 02:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    No, dailies feel forced because people seem to have a really twisted view of what the word "forced" means...

Is someone holding a gun to your head telling you that either you'll do the dailies or he'll shoot you? No? Then you're not forced to do anything.
    Actually even with the gun man holding a gun to your head you could still be a hero and say no. You are not compelled unless someone is a priest with mind control of an engineer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    People wanted it to feel like the valor gear was earned and now that they actually have to work for them they are whining I think it needs left alone as a lesson to those who have complained since BC. You should have had a keep shit the way it is option.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2012-11-02 at 02:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only faction I feel there is too much grind behind would be Golden Lotus and even then at Exalted, it's not like you're getting anything big like an Onyx Serpent for free which is a reward from Exalted with Shado-Pan, but Shado-Pan is not as grindy compared to Golden Lotus, I'm already close to Exalted with Shado-Pan in a few more days.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    People wanted it to feel like the valor gear was earned and now that they actually have to work for them they are whining I think it needs left alone as a lesson to those who have complained since BC.
    So doing LFD/LFR/Normal Raids/Scenarios is not work to get my valor gear at the low amounts each one of those choice's gives?

10+ Year Old Account
    The solution, to my mind, is simple. Reputation should come from three sources:

- Dailies
    - Repeatable Turn-ins
    - Tabards

And the way to remove any advantage one has over the other is to introduce a weekly reputation cap, equaling the total sum of reputation that can be gained through all dailies in a seven day period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    People wanted it to feel like the valor gear was earned and now that they actually have to work for them they are whining I think it needs left alone as a lesson to those who have complained since BC.
    These are the spiritual brothers and sisters of the people who insisted that dungeons should be harder in cataclysm. We all know how that worked out. In any event the valor gear would feel "earned" with or without the dailies or the rep requirement. In fact Blizzard went half way to removing the rep requirement by nerfing the crap out of it. They just need to go that extra step IMHO so that I never have to touch a daily and can still get valor gear. It won't make it "easier" I'll still only have 1000 valor a week.

All of these suggestions kind of sound like "change X about dailies so I can stop doing dailies". But Blizzard wants you doing dailies. So that would kind of defeat the purpose?

I think some tweaks would help, for instance Golden Lotus could use a bump up in the amount of rep each quest rewards because it is sooooo sloooow lol. The 5.1 changes should make things a bit better as well. Still, the game's been out about a month now and already I'm done with most factions (on my main anyway) so... maybe I shouldn't complain :P

If you wish to max your toon out in every way u can it is not a option your forced to do it this way.

and my point is there needs to be a better way to do it. at this rate players will get burnt out on daily's before ever getting burnt out on raids and they will just unsub saying *what is the point*

Also there is no other way besides LFR.

There is no other way to spend valor unless getting rep and that should not be a required to do.

To be honest, I only got Shado-Pan and August Celestials left, and I'll be done in a few days. I have never ever had the urge to complain about it, cause you are doing it for a reason like gear/mounts etc. It might be a bit bothersome at the start because you get bombarded, but dailies have always existed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    All of these suggestions kind of sound like "change X about dailies so I can stop doing dailies". But Blizzard wants you doing dailies. So that would kind of defeat the purpose?

I think some tweaks would help, for instance Golden Lotus could use a bump up in the amount of rep each quest rewards because it is sooooo sloooow lol. The 5.1 changes should make things a bit better as well. Still, the game's been out about a month now and already I'm done with most factions (on my main anyway) so... maybe I shouldn't complain :P
    Removing the rep requirement from gear would still make dailies REALLY rewarding. Charms, valor, mounts, tabards, pets, profession recipes, gold. They'd still have more reward then they've ever had in the history of the game and you could still use them as a means to buy the valor gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The aren't other ways to get reward out of valor however. The point system in 5.1 won't change this I feel. If it was actually rewarding then it would completely go against their goal of making boss drops number 1 reward.
    So far, this is the only real issue I see. No matter what you do you'll find yourself getting Valor. But you can't spend them unless you devote a lot of time in dailies. We'll see what the Valor upgrade system brings to the table.

Blizzard has made it clear that they dislike the system where players could endlessly farm dungeons for gear, while getting points, AND reputation. Having trouble finding that blue post however. What I have found however is that, as I said, you don't need to get the Valor gear in order to progress, and the raids that just opened drop 496. Valor gear are equal to drops in Mogu'shan on Normal.

Say wat you will about "the daily grind", but atleast their progression model seems a lot more planned out. You're rewarded for optional stuff, but it's never actually mandatory in order to progress
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-11-02 at 02:11 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The solution, to my mind, is simple. Reputation should come from three sources:

- Dailies
    - Repeatable Turn-ins
    - Tabards

And the way to remove any advantage one has over the other is to introduce a weekly reputation cap, equaling the total sum of reputation that can be gained through all dailies in a seven day period.
    I agree with you 100%.

Me i am a soloer i enjoy doing that more then current raids *besides LFR believe it or not i do like LFR* so i have to max my toon i chose to solo with and i want to level a DK to solo them with but due to the current grind i just can't be asked.
    So i am forced to do daily's to get the best gear i can for my solo's even more so since me and lady RNG never get along.

"Soloing on my prot pally atm"