Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    It also doesn't work....for thousands of people. I guess it's okay tho.

I can blame them all I want. The fact that they sell a product that doesn't work is ridiculous. It's not okay for them to do that.

I get that some of you feel steam/valve can do no wrong, that's fine. The next time you buy something that doesn't work with no way to fix it, I'm sure you'll be completely fine with it (unless it's from EA of course)
    I haven't had any games that could not be run. Ever.
    And I tend to run things from 1999 onward sometimes.
    Do they sometimes need different language nocd exe's to run? Yes.
    Do they sometimes need dll replacements to start? Yes.
    Should I blame a distribution platform for iffy game compatibility? No.
    Many of the games on Origin (or those that people bother to buy) are PUBLISHED BY EA THEMSELVES.

It also doesn't work....for thousands of people. I guess it's okay tho.

I can blame them all I want. The fact that they sell a product that doesn't work is ridiculous. It's not okay for them to do that.

I get that some of you feel steam/valve can do no wrong, that's fine. The next time you buy something that doesn't work with no way to fix it, I'm sure you'll be completely fine with it (unless it's from EA of course)
    The problem is, it does work. Chemotherapy doesn't always work for treating cancer, so fuck ever using it, amirite?!

At least get your problem with steam right; that they won't refund it in cases in which the game doesn't work. <- That is the problem. The problem isn't that they sell it, it's that they won't refund it when it doesn't work. Some people have had success with getting refunds, some haven't, I haven't ever tried nor have I seen all cases of people trying to get refunds to see whether Valve would do it fairly in my mind. You want to bash Valve for not giving you a refund on a game that doesn't work even after trying all the fixes, go ahead. I'll even back you up (gasp: that's right! I'm not a blind Valve fanboy! Their offline mode sucks ass too) but asserting that the game, even after fixes, doesn't work for a small portion of those who buy it and it should therefore not be sold to anyone is bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    Varyk must work for EA or something.
    Yea, Remember when I said I had bad experience with steam, but not Origin. And a bunch of rabid steam fan boys started berating me.

And no, I dont.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they can fix it, it's obviously not a problem. If they can't fix it, refunds/store credit would even suffice. They don't tho.

Varyk, how do you explain someone trying to get someone to fuck up their computer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenofreak View Post
    The problem is, it does work. Chemotherapy doesn't always work for treating cancer, so fuck ever using it, amirite?!

At least get your problem with steam right; that they won't refund it in cases in which the game doesn't work. <- That is the problem. The problem isn't that they sell it, it's that they won't refund it when it doesn't work. Some people have had success with getting refunds, some haven't, I haven't ever tried nor have I seen all cases of people trying to get refunds to see whether Valve would do it fairly in my mind. You want to bash Valve for not giving you a refund on a game that doesn't work even after trying all the fixes, go ahead. I'll even back you up (gasp: that's right! I'm not a blind Valve fanboy! Their offline mode sucks ass too) but asserting that the game, even after fixes, doesn't work for a small portion of those who buy it and it should therefore not be sold to anyone is bullshit.
    That's a disgusting comparison. And not even remotely comparable.

Again, that's not what I said. I said if a game doesn't work, and they can't fix it, they should either A.) Give Refunds. B.) give store credit C.) not sell it or at least have it right when you buy the game that "this doesn't work with "insert" operating system/gpu/settings/drivers/codecs.

This has become way too off topic. I said I disliked the canned responses when I said over and over I tried them/they didnt work. How we got here is ridiculous.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 10:23 PM ----------

Varyk, how do you explain someone trying to get someone to fuck up their computer?

I dont work for them? How the hell should I know? That's the exact type of shit I was talking about that people are okay with if steam does it, but not EA. This hypocritical bullshit needs to stop. It's ridiculous.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2012-11-15 at 10:26 PM.

Deleted
    It's hard for them to give refunds because they have to pay the original publishers (I think it's 85%).
    Not sure of their policy on Valve game refunds but I know their bundle-trading is alot more lenient with the half-life series/chapters. (If you have some you can trade what you already have to others).
    I'd rather get a canned response to a problem with a third-party game than bullshit answers for games you published yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a disgusting comparison. And not even remotely comparable.

Again, that's not what I said. I said if a game doesn't work, and they can't fix it, they should either A.) Give Refunds. B.) give store credit C.) not sell it or at least have it right when you buy the game that "this doesn't work with "insert" operating system/gpu/settings/drivers/codecs.

This has become way too off topic. I said I disliked the canned responses when I said over and over I tried them/they didnt work. How we got here is ridiculous.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 10:23 PM ----------

I dont work for them? How the hell should I know?
    These screenshots of ea's customer support are hilarious.

The 5 pounds more for me3 was pretty hilarious too.

The only reason origin is used period is because of exclusive titles. I'd rather pirate a game and go through the effort of cracking it, setting up a personal server, iso mounting it etc etc than go through that bullshit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Should I blame a distribution platform for iffy game compatibility? No.
    Why wouldn't you? They are selling a product that is sold, marketed, and labeled as a working product. If you bought a car it turned out to not be compatible with Gasoline would you blame the dealership when they told you that it was?

When you stop holding people accountable that is when you settle for inferior service or products.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    I dont work for them? How the hell should I know? That's the exact type of shit I was talking about that people are okay with if steam does it, but not EA. This hypocritical bullshit needs to stop. It's ridiculous.
    You can give me a source that shows Valve doing that? Because I rather take canned responses everyday than response like that, not that I myself would fall for it but someone most likely would.

15+ Year Old Account
    The same reason why you didn't use a thumbnail for your image. People make mistakes and are not infallible.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peeb View Post
    You can give me a source that shows Valve doing that? Because I rather take canned responses everyday than response like that, not that I myself would fall for it but someone most likely would.
    Doing what? Suggesting fixes that won't work even after you tell them?

Deleted
    No. Suggesting fixes that would pretty much fuck up your computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The same reason why you didn't use a thumbnail for your image. People make mistakes and are not infallible.
    That is intentional, not a mistake.
    I'm sure deleting program files is a great idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    It's hard for them to give refunds because they have to pay the original publishers (I think it's 85%).
    If they sell it they can give a refund. Do not confuse lack of desire with inability. This isn't a physical product where you have to consider repacking, used, switched or anything else that can happen. Its a digital good where all they have to do is disable access with that Account. No actual goods are lost and they can turn around and sell the exact same thing to someone else with no loss in money.

Every store has to pay someone for the goods. Why is Steam the only one in the world incapable of handling a return?

I've purchased 4 games from Steam that didn't work at all. This has never happened on Origin. Origin actually has customer service where you don't get an awful generated response and you can actually TALK to someone. Steam is the walmart of video games. It has everything, even sales, but I'd rather go to Target.
    LOL is this a joke? steam has great customer service and i've never even heard of one of their games not working let alone 4, and you seriously think origin/ea has good customer service? ah sheep.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't see why people use Origin when Steam has a massive catalogue of games, but It's better to warn those who aren't aware and do use origin.

And in all honesty, anything that makes EA lose money is good thing.
    Because Origin is required for some games.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Why wouldn't you? They are selling a product that is sold, marketed, and labeled as a working product. If you bought a car it turned out to not be compatible with Gasoline would you blame the dealership when they told you that it was?

When you stop holding people accountable that is when you settle for inferior service or products.
    You would hold the manufacturer accountable, as they would have told the dealership that was compatible.
    The only issue I've ever had with steam is one discount code from a third party site not registering properly, and wasn't even bothered about it enough to complain... will probably be on sale later anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the purpose of origin anyway? just to prevent/ make pirating harder?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellishreaper View Post
    LOL is this a joke? steam has great customer service and i've never even heard of one of their games not working let alone 4, and you seriously think origin/ea has good customer service? ah sheep.
    And your not a sheep for joining the "hate EA" bandwagon? The one time I needed service from EA, they delivered. My copy of Mass Effect 1 was not accepting the code that came with the box. Within an hour or two of emailing them, they gave me a version of ME1 that works through Origin. YMMV but hey, I had good service.

Not giving praises to EA, but I'm not going to hate EA just for the simple fact that everyone else does.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account

[img]http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r465/superKoolpictures/BF3support.png[img]
    What!? Holy shit that is terrible.
    How do these people have jobs?
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.