Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I just find it ironic that Romney kept trying to distance himself from the 47% video, just to reaffirm it all in the end.
    It's hilarious how incredibly stupid Romney is. But then it's frightening to know how many people voted for him. Whether believing in his shit or just voting for him to spite Obama.

e: We really need a test that overall tests people's knowledge of politics etc before they're allowed to vote.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    It's hilarious how incredibly stupid Romney is. But then it's frightening to know how many people voted for him. Whether believing in his shit or just voting for him to spite Obama.
    yep. Can't be said any better. Maybe fine tune it to how Romney thought that the people are incredibly stupid to fall for his bullshit.
    Which indicates how isolated from real life he is and always was..
    he doesn't know the first rule of street survival........ you cannot bullshit the bullshitter. lol

e: We really need a test that overall tests people's knowledge of politics etc before they're allowed to vote.
    Not just politics, just in general. Every single Republican on my FB feed were the kids that copied my homework in high school and haven't amounted to anything but low-skill and low-pay jobs since.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would agree with this.

But is it not entertaining enough that so many states somehow think they're going to secede from the US?
    I think we need to be fair here.
    Not the states want to secede. A butthurt minority in different states would want to.
    But it won't get any further than them standing there like little kids who had their lollipop taken away, and now throwing a tantrum.

[/COLOR]And raising the minimum wage by $2 / hour will still have them fall below the poverty line anyway, and increase prices for all of us as well.
    The problem is the purchasing power of the poor and middle class seem to be declining, while the purchasing power of the rich increases or remains steady.

It's a dangerous trend...
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-11-16 at 03:30 PM.

Not just politics, just in general. Every single Republican on my FB feed were the kids that copied my homework in high school and haven't amounted to anything but low-skill and low-pay jobs since.
    Yeah, something like an IQ test or something. You see that article about all those kids in high school calling Obama a N***** on Twitter when he won? Absolutely fucking ridiculous. They can't even vote.

If you haven't: http://jezebel.com/5958993/racist-te...gger-president

Rage inducing.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 09:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I think we need to be fair here.
    Not the states want to secede. A butthurt minority in different states would want to.
    But it won't get any further than them standing there like little kids who had their lollipop taken away, and now throwing a tantrum.
    Good point. It'll never happen, because the amount of people is so little. I believe as of Tuesday it was 533k signatures. Compared to the something like 320 million people in the US, that's pathetic.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Yeah, something like an IQ test or something. You see that article about all those kids in high school calling Obama a N***** on Twitter when he won? Absolutely fucking ridiculous. They can't even vote.

If you haven't: http://jezebel.com/5958993/racist-te...gger-president

Rage inducing.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 09:29 AM ----------

Good point. It'll never happen, because the amount of people is so little. I believe as of Tuesday it was 533k signatures. Compared to the something like 320 million people in the US, that's pathetic.
    Yeah there was one here that immediately threatened him (some HS chick) and she got a visit from the Secret Service.

I would like to ask a question would you as a consumer be willing to pay more for what you buy so companies will pay their employees more?
    The consumer is just as much to blame or even more so for companies like Walmart low wages. With the consumer demanding low prices as the driving force behind their decision where they go to shop forces companies to cut operating cost to keep prices low and labor is the highest operating cost in retail
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2012-11-16 at 03:32 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

You cant have conditions that enable people to vote or not vote. A much better way would start to regulate the retarded tv media just filled with biased opinions on both sides. The mix of a poor education coupled with being funneled into a world of half-lies,lies, biased facts.
    Also remove super-pacs, an election based on money is simply dumb as hell.

Recipe for a large portion of the voters being ignorant and clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    You cant have conditions that enable people to vote or not vote. A much better way would start to regulate the retarded tv media just filled with biased opinions on both sides. The mix of a poor education coupled with being funneled into a world of half-lies,lies, biased facts.

No political ads, just debates.

Problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    So...ignoring the debate on minimum wage -- I see republican after republican blame welfare for their loss.

Are you going to ignore that marriage equality passed for the first time by popular vote in 4 states (two yes votes for it, and two no votes on banning it).

Are you going to ignore that two states have legalized pot?

Are you going to ignore the incredibly ignorant and stupid comments made about rape and abortion?

You cannot sit there and seriously think that the only reason why the GOP got smashed in this election was because of welfare. It's obvious to anyone who takes even half a second to do research on a site other than fox news that the country is getting more socially liberal and ethnically diverse. Having a platform filled with social conservatism and stances that hurt or offend minorities is just not going to work. And welfare is just a tiny part of it.

I wrote this on my facebook the morning after the election:

My open letter to the Republican Party:

Dear GOP -- As you wake up today scratching your head as to what happened, I have a message to you from the voters. WAKE UP! You ran a campaign against a president that was under fire for a number of reasons and it should have been an easy victory for you. Not only did you lose, but you lost big. You lost by a large number of electoral votes, you lost most battleground states. You lost the popular vote. You lost seats in Congress. You are probably wondering why you managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and I am here to tell you why.

The country is changing. And your party hasn't.

Last night 4 ballot measure for marriage equality all went positively. The US has its first openly gay senator. Gay rights is now passing by popular vote for the first time ever. The path to the white house is not through anti-gay agendas. WAKE UP!

Last night races were lost by Akin, Mourdock, and Walsh. The path to the white house is not through a war on women. WAKE UP!

Your candidate was touted as a business guru who knew how to get this country on the right economic path. Your VP pick developed the budget of choice for your party. The American people are tired of "job creators" and "no new taxes." The path to the white house is not through trickle down economics. WAKE UP!

People are no longer willing to tolerate the constant lies from your party. Birtherism, supposed cooking of job numbers, blatant lies in debates and ads. The path to the white house is not through lying and deception. WAKE UP!

Congress has the lowest approval rating ever. However the dems are the ones who picked up seats, not the GOP. The path to the white house is not through obstructionism and the filibuster. WAKE UP!

America wants separation of church and state. There is no war on religion, and sharia law is not around the corner. Those scare tactics are not going to work. The path to the white house is not through the tea party extremists. WAKE UP!

Last, but not least, the GOP waged an unprecidented attempt at voter suppression this election. The amount of dirty tricks being played was disgusting and a total subversion of the democratic process. And it didn't work. The path to the white house is not through voter suppression. WAKE UP!

Wake up Republicans. Kick the extremists out of your party. Drop the failing social extreme conservative agenda. Realize you need more than the white male christian vote to remain a viable power. Stop obstructing and start working together. Work for the people instead of your own interests and the corporations. Remember your patriotism, your constituents, and your mission. Wake up, or be left behind forever.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Also remove super-pacs, an election based on money is simply dumb as hell.

I agree, but honestly, if half of the people allowed to vote, were simply not allowed to because they have no idea what the fuck they're talking about, this country would be in a much better state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    *Pictorial representation of post*
    Try some facts next time rather than making shit up about "evil liberals stealing from hard working people with 2 jobs".

Yeah there was one here that immediately threatened him (some HS chick) and she got a visit from the Secret Service.
    But lets go ahead and ignore all the threats of riots and threats of killing Romney if he won
    For every tweet you post about ill will towards Obama i can list 10 saying they will riot or wanting to kill Romney

I just find it ironic that Romney kept trying to distance himself from the 47% video, just to reaffirm it all in the end.
    He shouldn't have, because he was right. But you can't get elected in America by telling the truth. America, thanks to democrats and republicans, has become more and more statist over the past 40-50 years with more and more people relying on government assistance to get by. The size and scope of the federal government has increased dramatically. This is contrary to the intentions of America's founding fathers. I don't think Romney's any better than Obama, but he was right to point out 47% of Americans proudly accept government assistance in their daily lives and shrug off responsibility of being self-sufficient.

In the end, America is doomed fiscally because it's already too much in debt to fix without a massive depression. You can tell this because neither Romney or Obama gave any indications how they can fix things. Taxing millionaires won't fix it and cutting tiny bits won't fix it. They know this. They're treading water and holding onto power as long as possible.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 03:38 PM ----------

"War on women" is a talking point to distract from the real fiscal catastrophe looming on America's horizon. Don't be fooled.

10+ Year Old Account
    But lets go ahead and ignore all the threats of riots and threats of killing Romney if he won
    For every tweet you post about ill will towards Obama i can list 10 saying they will riot or wanting to kill Romney
    Why do people think "but he did it too" works as a defense after kindergarten? I've heard enough of that crap. Just because person A does something doesn't mean that it makes it right for person B to do it.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    but he was right to point out 47% of Americans proudly accept government assistance in their daily lives and shrug off responsibility of being self-sufficient.
    You know I could post about the 47% are working poor, elderly, deployed military, or the disabled, but this post just seems too prejudicial for me to do so.

Because guess what? "Moochers" don't file income tax returns. Logic, oops.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to ask a question would you as a consumer be willing to pay more for what you buy so companies will pay their employees more?
    The consumer is just as much to blame or even more so for companies like Walmart low wages. With the consumer demanding low prices as the driving force behind their decision where they go to shop forces companies to cut operating cost to keep prices low and labor is the highest operating cost in retail
    You could counter this somehow through government.

Raise the taxes on profits brutally. For two reasons.
    1. Punish business for not re-investing into the economy they benefit from in the first place.
    2. Remember that payroll counters the profit and is therefore lowering the tax burden on the business.

How to counter the outsourcing? Do what Germany does for example.
    A business income is subject to federal taxed including all income form all over the world.
    In a valid example. VW, Mercedes, BMW do pay German federal taxes for their US businesses.
    There are tax arrangements between the countries. usually a business pays the tax difference to what they already paid in the foreign country to the German tax.
    So outsourcing for tax reasons is in a way moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    So...ignoring the debate on minimum wage -- I see republican after republican blame welfare for their loss.

Are you going to ignore that marriage equality passed for the first time by popular vote in 4 states (two yes votes for it, and two no votes on banning it).

Are you going to ignore that two states have legalized pot?

Are you going to ignore the incredibly ignorant and stupid comments made about rape and abortion?

You cannot sit there and seriously think that the only reason why the GOP got smashed in this election was because of welfare. It's obvious to anyone who takes even half a second to do research on a site other than fox news that the country is getting more socially liberal and ethnically diverse. Having a platform filled with social conservatism and stances that hurt or offend minorities is just not going to work. And welfare is just a tiny part of it.

I wrote this on my facebook the morning after the election:
    Yup. Bobby Jindal said the other day: "We have to stop being the stupid party. If you want voters to like you, you have to like them first."

I really can't stand republicans. I used to agree with some of their points, but then they started this whole religious bigoting bullshit and went full retard mode. Now I can't even take them seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    I don't think Romney's any better than Obama, but he was right to point out 47% of Americans proudly accept government assistance in their daily lives and shrug off responsibility of being self-sufficient.
    Believe it or not there are people who are on government assistance who actually work.