Thread: Computer Cases

10+ Year Old Account

Computer Cases

I am building a PC for the first time and have everything except for the case. This is what I was thinking of getting http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119245.

Some of my parts are:

Mobo-ASUS P8Z77-V LK
    CPU-i5 3570k
    GPU-XFX 7850
    PSU-Corsair 650TX V2
    Memory-Corsair Vengeance 2 4gb sticks
    HDD-Western Digital 1TB Caviar Black
    Heatsink-Thermaltake Frio

will this case be compatible with these parts? I know the heatsink is pretty big, and I want to make sure I have enough room. Do I need a full size tower?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Personally my thought with computer cases is go for the biggest you can afford/fit. More space is (imo) never a bad thing. Means more fans for better cooling, more space for cable managing, more space to do cool case mods/lighting things.

Of course you also want to like the way they look, but thankfully there are tons of cases out there rofl.

That case is actually a pretty large case and is big enough for everything you have there. It's also quite nice because the cm storm label in the front is removable and hides a bay that contains all your case parts which is nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another question, are the dvd drive slots standard sizes?

Yes they are the standard 5.25" drive bay.

Cases I've been looking at are:
    Azza Genesis 9000
    Thermaltake GT Lv10

Personally, I'd get the Genesis because being able to pull out the entire tray will make it a LOT easier to mount the Motherboard/CPU Heatsink. The natural vertical airflow makes it a lot better for cooling. It looks badass too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Cases I've been looking at are:
    Azza Genesis 9000
    Thermaltake GT Lv10
    1. I know, taste is personal, but those are two ugly species.
    2. For the parts he is getting, a $200 case is a bit over the top.

@OP:
    The CM Storm cases are generally very good. High quality, good air flow, easy to work in. The one you picked is on the large side.
    For the parts you will install, you don't need top cooling. So basically any case in the $100 range has more than enough airflow.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Full Tower is big. Unless you really want a humongous case, go for the standard ATX Mid Tower.

There are plenty of people who can fit a 7850 into a Mini ITX case, there is no reason to go for a full tower unless you like huge cases.

Here's a similar Mid Tower Storm Scout case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119196

Deleted
    indeed mid tower was already way bigger then i expected back when my case arrived. (and going full tower adds what; another 10/15cm i believe)

There's no need for a big tower if you don't have an E-ATX+ board or want water cooling.

Well, or unless you just don't mind having a bigger case. I also have one despite the fact that it's not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevoc View Post
    There's no need for a big tower if you don't have an E-ATX+ board or want water cooling.

Well, or unless you just don't mind having a bigger case. I also have one despite the fact that it's not needed.
    Or simply have big hands, anything smaller than a Mid-tower would be a pain for me to work in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    1. I know, taste is personal, but those are two ugly species.
    2. For the parts he is getting, a $200 case is a bit over the top.

@OP:
    The CM Storm cases are generally very good. High quality, good air flow, easy to work in. The one you picked is on the large side.
    For the parts you will install, you don't need top cooling. So basically any case in the $100 range has more than enough airflow.
    Cool, thanks for the input. I'd rather not have a gigantic case, so maybe I'll get a mid size tower instead. I just wanted to make sure I could fit that heatsink fan in it. I didn't realize that it was as big as it was until I put it against my motherboard.