10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb "Nvidia Driver Has Recovered" Issue

You'll be playing WoW and it will just quit unexpectedly and Nvidia driver will recover.
    This is happening to a-lot of people so I decided to post it here as well.
    It has happened to me in Windows 7 as well as 8.

I have a GTX 570 CU II, which is a really big card. I thought it might have been it because it was so bulky or it was overheating... but WoW doesn't even stress it. Ran a Burn In test with Fur-mark and no luck of shutting down my card.

Obviously this is only to Nvidia Cards.

There are a few temporary fixes you can do.

1. You can choose to use DX9 instead of DX11 and that seems to solve the problem for me in windows 7 and 8.
    2. Revert to an old version of your video driver. (This might work for some)

*Suppose to fix the problem
    Code:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2665946
    I'm going to try whenever I get home today, to see if this fixes the problem so I can go back to DX11.
    Man What a screw up this is.

I've been reading on the WoW Forums for a while and this is suppose to fix it thought I would try to give some information here as I wasn't able to find anything on the topic might help someone else here.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794350644

10+ Year Old Account
    no

if you have a Dx11 card, you should be running Dx11 mode in wow

"video driver has been recovered" is what happens when your video drivers crash and windows restarts them

they are caused by:
    1. unstable drivers
    2. corrupt drivers
    3. faulty video card

1 can be fixed by all sorts on means, on the 500 series this often resulted in forcing a few global settings, but in general is caused by running beta drivers

2 is caused by a bad download, re download the latest drivers and verify them with a MD5 hash if you are unsure

3 is caused by 2 main things, an unstable overclock (even a factory overclock) or a faulty card

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    "video driver has been recovered" is what happens when your video drivers crash and windows restarts them

they are caused by:
    1. unstable drivers
    2. corrupt drivers
    3. faulty video card
    I've been having the same problem, but I do not think it is caused by any of the above.

The reason why I think this is because it only happens when I'm on Gara'jal's platform during the encounter, and when I'm in Karasang. Everywhere else in the game is fine with no problems.

Oh, I'm using dual SLI 680 GTXs if that helps.

EDIT: and since I believe the new dailies are going to be in Karasang, this has me terrified.
    Last edited by sng1989; 2012-11-20 at 08:37 PM.
    My Armory
    If my reforging/enchanting is bad, that's because I just got a new item and haven't messed with it yet.

I replied to another thread like this already today, but:

I had the same problem on two different cards. It all went away when I got a new PSU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    no

if you have a Dx11 card, you should be running Dx11 mode in wow

they are caused by:
    1. unstable drivers
    2. corrupt drivers
    3. faulty video card

1 can be fixed by all sorts on means, on the 500 series this often resulted in forcing a few global settings, but in general is caused by running beta drivers

2 is caused by a bad download, re download the latest drivers and verify them with a MD5 hash if you are unsure

3 is caused by 2 main things, an unstable overclock (even a factory overclock) or a faulty card
    Did you not read "Temporary Fix"
    And this is only for some people that is having trouble, since you know everyone's system is different one thing might work for some and some not.
    Of course you should be running DX11....

There is also an option to set the global settings to maximum performance instead of adaptive.

I had this problem too with my gainward 570 gtx. Some days it would happen all the time, and others days i was all free of it. It also just happened to me in wow in the first many months.
    Then i bought portal 2, and it started to happen there too, so it's not purely wow. Looks more like a hardware fault.
    Wasn't located to anything specific. Not zones, graphic. Not something i could put a finger on at least.

I went from trying a lot of driver versions(old stable, to new unstable ones) to formatting the system, and none of it worked to me.
    Ended up sending the card to repair, and they where too slow, so i poked them and they sent me the money for the card, as an apology, and i bought a 660 TI instead, which i've had no problems with.

Annoying thing is i don't know if it was the card that was broken, some specific hardware setup it didn't like, or software. I suspect the hardware though, due to the many drivers i tried, on the old system and a brand new.
    It was "funky" in linux. Couldn't really make it work, which it should.

If you have a friend nearby, borrow hos card and let him borrow yours, and see if there's any problems on any of your computers
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sng1989 View Post
    but I do not think it is caused by any of the above.
    that doesn't change the fact that it is

Quote Originally Posted by Smango View Post
    Did you not read "Temporary Fix"
    And this is only for some people that is having trouble, since you know everyone's system is different one thing might work for some and some not.
    Of course you should be running DX11....

There is also an option to set the global settings to maximum performance instead of adaptive.
    the problem is that you are logically avoiding the problem rather than actually fixing it, essentially, there is an alley you want to walk through, but it has a mugger in it, rather then doing the proper thing and removing the mugger, you are simply going around in a different alley

temporary workarounds are not solutions or fixes, they are only temporary workarounds, to be used when you are troubleshooting, the problem is still there, you are just avoiding triggering it

most commonly, this is fixed by cleanly installing the latest WHQL driver, but, the GTX-570 is rather notorious for quality control issues, with everything from bad memory chips to undervolted clocks in the bios, so if several driver changes do no work, then you need a new graphics card

this really is a common issue, and in every case, it's cause by either driver error, or hardware failure

I had the same problem and after looking for 2 weeks none of the fixes seemed to work. I ended up lowering the settings from Ultra to High in wow and I've never had the problem since.

Like me try everything that people suggest and hopefully something will fix it, GL