Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Diablo 3 is very stable in player numbers on that Xfire sample since patch 1.05.

Reason is simple: D3 in its core design is BETTER suited than an MMORPG these days.

No attunements, no reputation needed, adaptable (challenging) monster play, faster, quick playing sessions... and an endless hunt for keys/organs/better rings.

Add in another Legendary crafted item with 4 new über bosses and we are set till Feb to have the PvP launch.

---

if they are smart they'll include premade gear/soft to get gear and VERY hard to get gear in PvP.

it wouldn't surprise me that in the free to choose gear competition, the game could tackle games like LOL with ease.

The game's engine (once loaded into a new zone) is simply far better than those DOTA kind of games atm.

I have no idea though what Blizzard wants to do with D3 PvP because they have other projects in that direction like Blizzard's All Stars.

But when I look at how fast D3's engine is I am convinced it is even better than SC2 in that engine department (supposed base for Blizzard's DOAT game...)

We'll see.
    Wait what....?
    Why are you comparing D3 with MMO and SC2, and even MOBA? They are completely different genre to begin with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    It's Diablo. Good items wouldn't be worth shit if they were as common as you want them to be.
    It's Diablo? Is that an excuse? Why do more people complain about Diablo 3 than Diablo 2? Hmm?
    Perhaps it's because Diablo 3 is quite a bit worse than its predecessor in some areas.

Comparing D2 Uniques to D3 Legendaries, I observe that most D2 Uniques even when rolled low were worth something. D3 Legendaries are quite commonly completely useless. That's the difference.

Also, like Apathy has said, some stats simply don't make sense on certain items.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenion View Post
    Wait what....?
    Why are you comparing D3 with MMO and SC2, and even MOBA? They are completely different genre to begin with.
    Mmmm.... Because I think that on line games are much closer to each other than some might think.

I always considered Diablo3 as a stripped down MMO, focusing on fast combat and extreme hard grind but without the need to do boring faction grinds, reputation and attunements...

Present day MMO's don't offer fast playing sessions with solo challenges at all. So D3 supplements the long boring quest systems in MMO's.

A grouping in D3 takes exactly 5 seconds: fast on line play.

With the RIGHT done PvP system in D3 (different options like free to choose gear), the game could be an excellent on line pvp system that has a MUCH better engine than present day dota games. I only mentioned SC2 because rumours are that Blizzard is using its SC2 engine to develop its long awaited own dota game (named Blizzard All Stars).

I even think that for the next few years (until Titan) present day MMO's will take a back seat to other forms of on line games of which D3 is only one...These other on line games offer fast immediate play and challenges in solo/co op play which MMO's don't offer.

So these games actually compete in the same on line gaming field.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    It's Diablo? Is that an excuse? Why do more people complain about Diablo 3 than Diablo 2? Hmm?
    Perhaps it's because Diablo 3 is quite a bit worse than its predecessor in some areas.

Comparing D2 Uniques to D3 Legendaries, I observe that most D2 Uniques even when rolled low were worth something. D3 Legendaries are quite commonly completely useless. That's the difference.

Also, like Apathy has said, some stats simply don't make sense on certain items.
    Yes legendary/unique are worth less since rare's are actually worth something this time around. Thats why a yellow out roles an orange. If rares we're like diablo 2 rares you wouldn't be complaining about legendary rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Elenion View Post
    Wait what....?
    D3 is actually very similar to Ultima Online. Both games were loot roulette and required massive grinding in dungeons to get something decent. Also loot worked the same way because you had to ID all your items and 99% of them were crap.