1000k dps burst as combat

So I was looking around for successful rogues on WoL last night since I was pissed at my shitty dps. So I noticed this guy

According to his WoL (link) he's literally bursting 1000k dps during the last 30sec of the fight. Also his overall dps is 305k on that fight!

To be honest, Im speechless. I as a 484 ilvl rogue can only do close to 120k dps if my procs is ideal and if the boss mechanics doesnt ever keep me away from cleaving 2 targets.

Is full tier/hc gear scaling insanely high or am I just missing something obvious here?

Blade Flurry 28693089 42.7 % 619 46353.9 28693089

reading is hard?

Quote Originally Posted by CakeomgCake View Post
    So I was looking around for successful rogues on WoL last night since I was pissed at my shitty dps. So I noticed this guy

According to his WoL (link) he's literally bursting 1000k dps during the last 30sec of the fight. Also his overall dps is 305k on that fight!

To be honest, Im speechless. I as a 484 ilvl rogue can only do close to 120k dps if my procs is ideal and if the boss mechanics doesnt ever keep me away from cleaving 2 targets.

Is full tier/hc gear scaling insanely high or am I just missing something obvious here?
    blade flurry + bloodlust + pot + heroic gear + tricks from other rogues + skull banner + 112 tiles

i can see it. he must have gotten godmode procs/crits but i can see it.

also, don't rogues scale incredibly well off weapons? dude has 2 502 weps
    Last edited by crunk; 2012-11-27 at 10:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buffs Gained: Energized tiles (112) - 112% increased damage
    Dancing steel/Full of Stars/Deep insight/Potion/AR->KS, all under flurry. His last AR/KS line up nicely with the end of the fight, and the total duration is barely 3 and a half minutes.

I'm sure there are other things I'm missing, but this can start to dispell the haze.

And yes, gear helps a lot.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    these..^ ^

the simple fact is top 10 parses are once in a blue moon kind of things. rng plays heavily into your ability to pull numbers that redonkadonk. look at top 50 or 75 if you want to get an idea of what a high performing player "should" be pulling.

Deleted
    The kids in full 509 gear. Basically saying if we want to be shit hot dps then we have to be fully BiS for the tier. Which doesn't make much sense?

Deleted
    Basically saying if we want to be shit hot dps then we have to be fully BiS for the tier. Which doesn't make much sense?
    No, it's not at all. Please stop being stupid.

Deleted
    I'm not being stupid. My point is that with average ilvl gear our dps is sub par. Compared to the gear scaling with heroic gear pushing that kind of dps.

Deleted
    That guy probably IS a computer, speaking in luacode.

Quote Originally Posted by nairobi13 View Post
    I'm not being stupid. My point is that with average ilvl gear our dps is sub par. Compared to the gear scaling with heroic gear pushing that kind of dps.
    I really don't think this is relevant to the thread. As Mug pointed out, he has his cooldowns end just as the fight does (which is the ideal case), and 112 tiles is rather redic. Rogues in much worse gear still top damage on this fight, we don't need full heroic gear to do good damage on dogs.