Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post

Please do note that calling people trolls is infractable, so I would advise against doing such in the future. As well, as long as they're not being rude, they're welcome in the thread. Instead of telling them to get out because they disagree with you, why not bring forth evidence as to why they might be wrong?

Madgod, i dont know who you are but with all due respect, scroll up and read the comment of i should "i should probably go back and reread monk guides"
    its not a matter of agree or disagree. Soothing Mist does not increase in mana cost. it is a static cost

this thread went from 60 to derail in 2 seconds

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 09:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    What tool? All you talked about was that 50% more haste is 50% more haste on items that have haste.

answered your own question

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 09:47 AM ----------

It's been talked to death all over this forum that haste still only affects SCK, auto-attacks, Soothing Mists, and EM/RM at certain haste points. Unless you're going for a specific haste point, the AA, SCK, and SM benefits are so little compared to an equal amount of crit that it is irrelevant.

Soothing Mists does not have any haste breakpoints. it heals for a certain value within a certain amount of seconds.
    its one of the few spells that benefit from each point of haste
    Last edited by Neave; 2012-11-28 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neave View Post
    *sigh* Soothing Mist mana cost dos not increase with haste... its a flat 2178 mana/sec
    That's not true, it says it on the tooltip, but it's not accurate. Have a friend pop Bloodlust or Time Warp for you while you channel on yourself, you can see the mana being deducted every tick rather than every second. It is also observable on every single other class that has a channeled spell that costs mana, I tried it on my Warlock alt and saw the same thing with Rain of Fire, despite it also being labeled as "mana per sec."

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 03:56 AM ----------

Soothing Mists does not have any haste breakpoints. it heals for a certain value within a certain amount of seconds.
    its one of the few spells that benefit from each point of haste
    I didn't say it did, unless you're implying by my sentence structure that I also said that auto-attacks and SCK have haste breakpoints. Also, "more haste" is not a tool, it is a stat. How it affects healing is a tool, not the stat by itself. You still have not said one word about how haste affects healing that makes this the all-important buff you think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    It's still a proc trinket. It's bound to proc at the worst possible time.
    With almost always constantly dmg everywhere is there really a "bad" time?
    In the end you spend less time healing someone.
    Sure there times were you could use it better but most time proccs are not unused this content

Madgod, i dont know who you are but with all due respect, scroll up and read the comment of i should "i should probably go back and reread monk guides"
    its not a matter of agree or disagree. Soothing Mist does not increase in mana cost. it is a static cost

this thread went from 60 to derail in 2 seconds
    I think who I am is rather obvious... I'm a guy with a darker green name with a Boba Fett avatar named The Madgod!

But to be serious, rude and blunt are two separate things. Saying if you're doing something wrong you need to reread some guides isn't rude. It's being blunt. If he called you the worst mistweaver ever, then that would be rude. Calling someone out isn't necessarily rude.

And this thread's hardly off topic. We're even discussing your haste idea now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post

But to be serious, rude and blunt are two separate things. Saying if you're doing something wrong you need to reread some guides isn't rude. It's being blunt. If he called you the worst mistweaver ever, then that would be rude. Calling someone out isn't necessarily rude.
    Im not sure if you have a mistweaver, but someone saying Soothing Mist is not a reliable chi generator and shouldnt be used as one. that is either an uneducated comment or a troll. Soothing Mist is our basic, almost most important spell

I'm simply saying what is. Whether they are correct or not isn't the point. Now get back to the topic, I think we've talked mooore than enough :P

I didn't say it did, unless you're implying by my sentence structure that I also said that auto-attacks and SCK have haste breakpoints. Also, "more haste" is not a tool, it is a stat. How it affects healing is a tool, not the stat by itself. You still have not said one word about how haste affects healing that makes this the all-important buff you think it is.
    It's been talked to death all over this forum that haste still only affects SCK, auto-attacks, Soothing Mists, and EM/RM at certain haste points.
    the +50% haste multiplier can be considered a new tool.

You still have not said one word about how haste affects healing that makes this the all-important buff you think it is.
    i've said many words on how it affects our healing.
    Chi generation speed is the direct result of higher haste, especially Soothing mist (main heal). with the exception of Jab and expel harm, and surging mist.

and i noted in the OP that renewing mist has 1 less charge, but now bounces every time it heals.
    haste is much more useful and accessible in 5.1 than 5.0

you can quite literally go from 0, to 5 Chi in less than a second with haste build, a heroism and Pickled egg proc, and a tiny bit of luck like i tested out a moment ago. i dont think its fair to say that haste is just as unreliable and bad as before. its something new to consider
    Last edited by Neave; 2012-11-28 at 10:29 AM.

Im not sure if you have a mistweaver, but someone saying Soothing Mist is not a reliable chi generator and shouldnt be used as one. that is either an uneducated comment or a troll. Soothing Mist is our basic, almost most important spell
    I will come out here and call you a bad Mistweaver, Soothing mists is only good for tank healing (hint: you should be raid healing) and making Surging Mist and Enveloping Mist instant, and is barely used in raids. Jab, Expel Harm and SCK are our main chi generators, take the advice and go find more about your class because you are playing it suboptimally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    I will come out here and call you a bad Mistweaver, Soothing mists is only good for tank healing and making Surging Mist and Enveloping Mist instant, and is barely used in raids. Jab, Expel Harm and SCK are our main chi generators, take the advice and go find more about your class because you are playing it suboptimally.
    *sigh*
    take your argument that Soothing Mist is used rarely, and i am a bad mistweaver, to the MMOchamp guide. which has soothing mist is every rotation except melee

i dont like to show off my raiding progression, but being 15/15 of all raids combined; i know what i am doing. Soothing Mist is used extremely often in raids.

i'm a bad mistweaver? comical.
    Last edited by Neave; 2012-11-28 at 10:41 AM.

*sigh* i dont like to show off my raiding progression, but being 15/15 of all raids combined; i know what i am doing. Soothing Mist is used extremely often in raids
    Good thing the current raiding tier has 16 bosses, and no one cares about normal modes.

EDIT: post some logs and show as all how awesome Soothing Mists is please, since you are so adamant on defending it.
    Last edited by Sonrisa; 2012-11-28 at 10:42 AM.

Good thing the current raiding tier has 16 bosses, and no one cares about normal modes.
    dont know what to say. rediculous

i've said many words on how it affects our healing.
    Chi generation speed is the direct result of higher haste, especially Soothing mist (main heal). with the exception of Jab and expel harm, and surging mist.

and i noted in the OP that renewing mist has 1 less charge, but now bounces every time it heals.
    haste is much more useful and accessible in 5.1 than 5.0

you can quite literally go from 0, to 5 Chi in less than a second with haste build, a heroism and Pickled egg proc, and a tiny bit of luck like i tested out a moment ago. i dont think its fair to say that haste is just as unreliable and bad as before. its something new to consider
    So it affects all of our Chi-generating abilites.... except all but 2. Renewming Mist now is only one buff instead of 2, and that somehow makes it heal for more or faster? And you can get Chi very quickly... if you spend a lot of mana and get very lucky? What exactly are you going to do with that Chi, spend it on spells that are just as slow as they are with 0 haste, but not having any Crit or Mastery to back them up?

Look, the only thing in the entire patch that made haste more useful was that Soothing Mist is now okay to use sometimes rather than being worthless for Chi generation, and the fact that we simply have more haste. You have to compare it to equivalent values of Crit and Mastery, on top of the Spirit needed to regain the mana you lose from using haste. We go to 3148 now because it's almost impossible to get under 1,000 and it's less damaging to get another 2k (which is actually only 1366 from gear) haste than leave a few hundred laying around worthlessly. What you gain in throughput from haste, you lose in throughput from Crit or Mastery and spend MORE mana on top of it. Looking at stats in a vacuum is meaningless, no one cares if you can go from 0 to 5 Chi in under a second unless you're talking about real raid situations where that is relevant and USEFUL compared to losing that many other stats.

EDIT: post some logs and show as all how awesome Soothing Mists is please, since you are so adamant on defending it.
    have my very own logs, bud
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../8/?s=72&e=943

381 ticks of Soothing Mist in a 14min30sec fight. thats a very huge number
    Soothing Mist isnt awesome, the chi it gives you is

dont know what to say. rediculous
    Exaclty what part is ridiculous please enlighten me? As I said post logs and prove a point, but then again I know you won't be able to.

So you're using a normal Sha of Fear kill that went almost to the enrage timer on TEN MAN in which you barely used Chi heals for anything to argue that we should stack haste?

Yeah, I'm done. There is no reason in this thread whatsoever, just a delusional healer that has no idea how to compare numbers and gets way too excited at the number "50%".

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=7254#Valanyr

The top parse for the fight, Soothing mists not even 5% of his healing, yup. Also you almost don't even have to heal during Sha of Fear because raid damage is pathetic. Go find a Garalon parse with heavy soothing mist usage and compare it with one of the top parses and please tell me how strong it is. Don't get me wrong it is okish now with 5.1 for chi generation, but still not as strong as Jab or SCK for heavy AoE.

So it affects all of our Chi-generating abilites.... except all but 2. Renewming Mist now is only one buff instead of 2, and that somehow makes it heal for more or faster? And you can get Chi very quickly... if you spend a lot of mana and get very lucky? What exactly are you going to do with that Chi, spend it on spells that are just as slow as they are with 0 haste, but not having any Crit or Mastery to back them up?

Look, the only thing in the entire patch that made haste more useful was that Soothing Mist is now okay to use sometimes rather than being worthless for Chi generation, and the fact that we simply have more haste. You have to compare it to equivalent values of Crit and Mastery, on top of the Spirit needed to regain the mana you lose from using haste. We go to 3148 now because it's almost impossible to get under 1,000 and it's less damaging to get another 2k (which is actually only 1366 from gear) haste than leave a few hundred laying around worthlessly. What you gain in throughput from haste, you lose in throughput from Crit or Mastery and spend MORE mana on top of it. Looking at stats in a vacuum is meaningless, no one cares if you can go from 0 to 5 Chi in under a second unless you're talking about real raid situations where that is relevant and USEFUL compared to losing that many other stats.
    man, it's like running in circles with you. the 0 to 5 chi was just something i found fun and repeated. you're reading way too much into what i said.

give it a rest already, please.

I posted a trinket that was previously trash, and pointed out it is much more useful now. and it spiraled into that i dont know how to play a monk?
    I posted new stats, gave descriptions and gave a few resons for haste being more useful in 5.1

im not trying to revolutionize mistweavers or saying to change playstyle. [COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 11:00 AM ----------

That doesn't change the fact that haste is the worst stat for all healers and especially bad for Monks as it doesn't even reduce our GCD. Seriously, how is this supposed to affect my view of haste trinkets?
    the thread derailed the moment you said this.
    youve been picking a fight the moment you came here when all i posted was factual numbers and comparisons

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 11:23 AM ----------

Exaclty what part is ridiculous please enlighten me?

you said "no one cares about normal modes". yes, ridiculous and off topic

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 11:38 AM ----------

[url] Don't get me wrong it is okish now with 5.1 for chi generation, but still not as strong as Jab or SCK for heavy AoE.
    read OP. then read your posts. absolutley offtopic and derailed
    Last edited by Neave; 2012-11-28 at 11:50 AM.

Reading OP makes me think that we should argue a very ridiculous comparaison of trinkets instead we are arguing how ridiculous ur healing style is

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=7254#Valanyr

The top parse for the fight, Soothing mists not even 5% of his healing, yup. Also you almost don't even have to heal during Sha of Fear because raid damage is pathetic Don't get me wrong it is okish now with 5.1 for chi generation, but still not as strong as Jab or SCK for heavy AoE.
    do realize your own link shows more Soothing Mists than Jabs? zero SCKs
    and that our healing priority and make-up of HPS is almost exactly the same

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Correctsan View Post
    Reading OP makes me think that we should argue a very ridiculous comparaison of trinkets instead we are arguing how ridiculous ur healing style is
    470 egg gives us more haste now, than the 509 trinket did patch 5.0, does it not?

its a simple comparison.

also, im not sure how my healing style is ridiculous
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rnmx5...rcn/details/8/
    Last edited by Neave; 2012-11-28 at 12:16 PM.

Whats their real proc? Thats proc duration/icd * proc value..thats how u compare trinkets , not by giving out bold numbers