Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    i've had 2 incidents involving guns and both times the guns were obtained illegally by the people. one was a kid who stole his friend's dad's gun. one was a grown man who simply bought a gun illegally.

prohibition was gonna clean up america. what happened? it made things worse. stricter gun control would make things worse. it would disarm the regular people while the psychos still had guns.
    That kid would have a hard time stealing that gun, if laws required all guns to be locked in an aproved gunsafe. simple regulation to make.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx View Post
    What's the practical difference? 3 more people die per 100,000 people? What are the odds it will be you or someone you know?
    The practical difference is that the US's number is 4 times higher than the others'.
    3 more in 100k means 9000 more in 300 million.
    And the odds it will be someone you know... are 4 times higher than in another western country as well. ~4 in 100k, or 0.004%, if you want the number.
    Maybe we'll see a tombstone "beloved father, good husband, chance to be killed was only 0.004%".
    Last edited by mmocdd8e41448a; 2012-11-28 at 02:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    On one side it can be understandable that you need to defend yourself from criminals with the same equipment which in this case is guns. On the other hand by saying that you can allow many lunatics to have guns, it doesn't seem hard to obtain in the US whether it be legally or illegally.

Before I get flammed by people defending guns I can at least say that while shootings occur all over the world, it seems that at least here most shooting you read are within the US which is weird considering that a lot of the mmo community are European. You would figure we would hear a lot about other places. In the end though I live in Canada and everything is good here, no one I know here feels the need to have a gun to protect themselves

Deleted
    What's the practical difference? 3 more people die per 100,000 people? What are the odds it will be you or someone you know?
    I can't really tell if you are joking. Because if not, this must be the most stupid and ignorant post I have ever seen.

People need to read this link as its unbiased and shows all the statistics pertaining to US gun crime given by credible sources, but as a preface you have to understand that owning Firearms is a right in the US. Nobody's opinion will change this, not even the court if it ever decided they couldnt for some reason.

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

Yet another reason why gun licenses need to be tighter.

Of course it won't stop people owning guns illegally. But it might slow the flow of new weapons onto the market.

Though of course that's 'un-American' and 'communist' to suggest such a thing.

That's a negligible practical difference. If you look at overall murder rates the USA is only 2.5 ahead of Europe.

Overall homicide in my region of New England is lower than Europe and its the most armed section of the country. Nearly all of the murder here is done in the inner cities, where heavy restrictions on weapons are usually placed. It may not prove gun ownership decreases crime, but it proves that there is no correlation with increased crime rates.
    Good point here. How many murders in the US are by true blue blood americans. We have so many first and second generation citizens from these third world shit holes. Whats the percentages of immigrants in the euro nations. I bet you eliminate the gun crimes by these individuals the numbers between the us and euro nations would e close.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Good point here. How many murders in the US are by true blue blood americans. We have so many first and second generation citizens from these third world shit holes. Whats the percentages of immigrants in the euro nations. I bet you eliminate the gun crimes by these individuals the numbers between the us and euro nations would e close.
    Who cares? First and second generation citizens are still Americans...

The only true Americans are the Native Americans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    When the criminals have guns (and they always fucking will), you sure as hell do.
    Is that some flawed American logic?

--

I don't get, and probably never will, why Americans are so obsessed with this "WE NEED GUNZ!!1!" logic.
    Seriously, have you even looked at other countries around the world, particular those with very strict gun laws?
    Do the citizens of such countries need guns to protect themselves, or guns at all?

No.
    Not even against criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    The practical difference is that the US's number is 4 times higher than the others'.
    3 more in 100k means 9000 more in 300 million.
    So you would like them to sacrifice a major part of their culture, give up their rights, and be unable to defend themselves as well because 3 more people die annually per 100,000 people? Objectively speaking, ~3.5-4 deaths per 100,000 people is VERY LOW

People need to read this link as its unbiased and shows all the statistics pertaining to US gun crime given by credible sources, but as a preface you have to understand that owning Firearms is a right in the US. Nobody's opinion will change this, not even the court if it ever decided they couldnt for some reason.

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp
    Then something it deeply wrong with your country if there's rights protecting your ability to own a firearm but no rights for children to have a decent home or people to not starve to death on the streets.

I'm glad I'm not American. You can keep your guns with an attitude like that.

i'm sick of you sissies being willing to argue but go no further than that. shut the fuck up and avoid EVERY situation if you're not willing to kill someone over something. stop starting shit you can't end. any argument over anything can end up in death. so every time you disagree you are only hoping the other guy isn't a psycho
    Thats called being paranoid, which is also something that I think is at fault for some of the more absurd cases of gun violance in the US. If you are affraid that anyone you end up in an argument with can and is willing to kill you then obviously you will do what you can to remain "safe".

If you don't suffer from such paranoia you will take the confrontation without shiting yourself.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Don't think the 2nd amendment is untouchable. All they need is some more irrational liberal judges on the supreme court to "interpret" the constitution in a particular unconstitutional way and voila, 2nd amendment won't guarantee right to any gun ownership. Don't believe for a second that the powers that be in America care about the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycki View Post
    I can't really tell if you are joking. Because if not, this must be the most stupid and ignorant post I have ever seen.
    Answer the question. You want to take away some peoples livelihoods, rights, and property because 3 extra people die in that country. Are you going to be pragmatic or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doom Panda View Post
    You can cry about how the NRA/lobbyists/etc have an unfair influence on gun laws but the bottom line is that there are more gun owners in this country than non gun owners.

It's not just republicans that own guns, you know
    I know, and you are right too. Not necessarily disagreeing with you.
    I do however see that the NRA and therefore the weapon industry lobbyists do have a huge influence on the politicians.
    The fact that there are more households with guns than households without guns is only supporting it. The lobby can muster those.

Yet the Supreme court ruling also indicates that the topic isn't so clear at all.
    No one can say that another appeal will again be ruled in favor of an unchanged, unaltered version.
    Like I pointed out in my first posting. The amendment can easily be read as, that in order to have a legally armed militia, a definition has to be like the amendment says:
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
    in order to be part of the militia you need to be able to have a gun, without anyone being able to interfere. That means, that the founding fathers may actually have considered that there's a possibility for people not to be able to have guns at all, prohibited by the state.
    Otherwise there wouldn't be a reason for the amendment at all. Besides the historical situation of a threat by the British Crown.

Right now we rather have this Situation:
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State.
    The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Do you see the difference I am pointing out?

The first version is the original constitution text...
    The version are two sentences, cut lose from one another. Although the very same text used. Only difference is the comma used in the constitution..

So you would like them to sacrifice a major part of their culture, give up their rights, and be unable to defend themselves as well because 3 more people die annually per 100,000 people? Objectively speaking, ~3.5-4 deaths per 100,000 people is VERY LOW
    If weapons are part of your culture, then colonialism is part of mine. Sorry America, you're part of the British Empire again. How do you like that? Oh, you don't? Tough luck, its a part of my culture and hardly anyone dies because of it!

so your problem is with how far people go to protect themselves

if you're gonna hit ANYONE in any way, you need to leave them laying in blood. you need to make sure they're so fucking scared to retaliate that you don't have to worry about it. if you leave one shred of confidence behind in them, you may end up getting shot at a redlight one day

that's why you don't stop when you're fighting someone, it's why you beat the fight out of them. if you're unwilling to go to whatever means necessary to ensure your own safety, you better get used to being everyone's bitch and learn to be agreeable. if you argue, you will end up with a confrontation you are not ready to handle.

i'm sick of you sissies being willing to argue but go no further than that. shut the fuck up and avoid EVERY situation if you're not willing to kill someone over something. stop starting shit you can't end. any argument over anything can end up in death. so every time you disagree you are only hoping the other guy isn't a psycho
    That's a disgraceful and indeed very sad way to think, if that's really your opinion I deem you not fit to live in a civilized society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    The true blood Americans were killed by the European immigrants. I guess you'd call it illegal aliens.

The rest of the world calls that genocide. The USA started calling it "thanksgiving".

As much as the gun and killing portion of the story will get the vast majority of attention I think it's also important to look at:

- People only thinking about themselves. I like loud music too but I'm considerate of neighbors and other people around me
    - Asking nicely. I would bet he didn't say "Could you turn down the music please?
    - The teenagers response to turning down the music. I bet it wasn't "Yes Sir or No Sir". More than likely it involved swear words and at least one person calling him "Gay".
    - Don't sweat the small stuff. The girl was getting some wine which takes what 5, 10 minutes? He couldn't have just put up with it for a bit and drove off never seeing the kids again?

We had a similar situation nearby at a mini-golf place. Kids were messing around and a father asked them to start. An argument ensured and one of the kids hit him with the golf club killing him. Here is the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/08..._n_926894.html

It's just sad that if people on both sides would have behaved better they wouldn't find themselves on trial or dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    God I hate it when people blast music in their car. Is it sad that I don't care this kid died? The guy who shot him does deserve to be in jail too.
    And I don't mean just because he blasted music, but the kind of people who blast music are usually black people wear their pants below their knees, and pretend that they can't get a proper education.

Edit: I typed this before I even opened the news post. Do I know my Florida black guys or what?

Infracted: Please do not make racist comments
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-28 at 07:32 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.