View Poll Results: Is this expansion worth the money?

Voters
202. This poll is closed
  • Yes

142 70.30%
  • No

35 17.33%
  • Sort of - It has got stale fast

25 12.38%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So how would YOU go about promoting fair discussion then? Would you not state your opinion in the thread so people know where you stand and how they differ?
    Of course. I just generally don't present my opinions in such a negative "fact" manner.
    The raid lore IS bad. No discussion. The daily quest design IS terrible. No discussion. And we're not supposed to reply those standpoints in a way you essentially describe as "fanboyish".

If you want a discussion you start pretty neutral, and actually use the amazing principle of "in my opinion".
    Because this is just another one in your list of flamebait-threads that hide behind the urge for "discussion", that you don't even actually promote. You promote your own "fact" opinions and subtly devalue anyone who disagrees.

Again, you don't want a fair discussion, you just want reactions to your own opinions.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-12-05 at 05:15 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    It definatly is worth my money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only reason I log on everyday is because I don't have anything else better to be doing, for some reason I enjoy leveling multiple characters and making money. I definitely feel like I'm getting my money's worth, this game is such cheap entertainment.

Everyone should feel free to offer differing opinions without flaming / trolling / being disrespectful of other posters.
    LOL coming from Jaylock that's pretty damn funny.

So how would YOU go about promoting fair discussion then? Would you not state your opinion in the thread so people know where you stand and how they differ?
    Yes but you shouldn't present it the way you did essentially saying:

I hate raid lore
    I hate dailies
    Don't be Blizz fan boys
    How do you guys like MoP?

You're telling me you couldn't possibly think why people would think your slanting your argument?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    As bad as the lore behind the raids in this raid tier are, and how terrible the daily quest design is, do you think you are getting your moneys worth out of this expansion so far? Be honest, and please try not to have your blinders on when you answer (aka the "i will die for this company and their games if need be" attitude).

Are you enjoying the stuff blizzard has thrown at you? Are you not entertained? If so, what is keeping you logging in each and every day?

Just trying to gain a barometer of people's feelings so far about the expansion.
    I really like it Jaylock, and I know you do too.

The biggest up's and down's are mostly out of response to Blizzard's idea to TRY new things, and even bring back old. Remember when Blizzard made heroics hard again in the beginning of Cata?

As time moves forward, I am really starting to like Wow, more and more. And for everyone else out there - you may need a month break free or so, I think people are spending so much time in game, they aren't enjoying it: Imagine doing ANYTHING as much as you think, & play Wow... Maybe it's time to take a break/re-roll pvp or something not to fluffy, and known.

idk. Playing with my friends on my Filthy Alliance is where it's at right now. I love it!

- Dacoolist of Stormreaver/Darkspear
    wenthard.com

It would look something like this:

Hey All. Just looking to get an idea of something. Do you feel like you are getting your money's worth from this expansion? For me, not so much, but I was wondering how other's felt.

That is how you ask a question without cluttering it up with Blizzard bashing and Bias. If you wanna make a Blizzard Bashing and Bias thread, by all means, do so. But don't make one under the guise of "wanting opinions". Next time you might want to leave out things like:

"As bad as the lore behind the raids in this raid tier are, and how terrible the daily quest design is, do you think you are getting your moneys worth out of this expansion so far? Be honest, and please try not to have your blinders on when you answer (aka the "i will die for this company and their games if need be" attitude).

Everyone should feel free to offer differing opinions without flaming / trolling / being disrespectful of other posters.
    The point is that when you want to get people's opinions, you ask for them. You don't start by stating your own heavily biased negative opinion, because people who disagree with you but don't want to argue wont bother.

Whether you realize it or not, the sole purpose of stating your query the way you did is to solicit similar opinions or to start an argument, not to carry on an enlightened discussion on the merits of MOP. That is impossible given your stated bias against it.

The only reason I responded at all was giving you the benefit of doubt that maybe you really weren't baiting the forum.
    Last edited by Ayonel; 2012-12-05 at 05:23 PM.

Tons of dailies = tons of content & stuff to do, so yea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    The major advantage of the good game is that you can entertain yourself in it for as long as you like.
    This. However, I took a break as I'm not satisfied with how the game is (might be my schedule too though).
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

What's keeping me logging in? People. Playing with folks I know is fun, but the rest of the game is pure shit, outside of that. I've a feeling when our AP's run out, that'll be the end of it.

And Jaylocl - get a grip - you're trying to gain a barometer? On this site? Come on, man....

Deleted
    Are you getting your Money's Worth out of this Expansion?
    Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    WOTLK was amazing, the lich king was always the "End boss" the "Bad guy to kill" and their minions where amazing. Yesterday i did ICC part alone and part with a friend, those bosses (including the ones in Naxx & Ulduar) are simply epic.

But what we got in Mist? Mogu, mantid and Sha, childish enemies. Not even the "Sha" model is impresive, just look at Marrowgar, that guy is amazing, that's what i call a boss. What does the Mogu and Mantid has? a bigger Mogu or Mantid.....that's being lazy blizzard. Those Mogu vaults are a joke, i made them completely, once again, at least the zone looks really nice and elegant, but those bosses are a joke.
    I mean the thing im pointing out, that should be obvious to everyone is that in earlier expansions, blizzard had a much better story telling experience for the players. The LK was seen in the expansion. Illidan was whispered about, and several quests eluded to his presence and the danger of him being lord of outland.

In Mists, the storytelling is lackluster at best. The bosses are reused models, nothing unique, besides maybe the last bosses of HoF, and Terrace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I mean the thing im pointing out, that should be obvious to everyone is that in earlier expansions, blizzard had a much better story telling experience for the players. The LK was seen in the expansion. Illidan was whispered about, and several quests eluded to his presence and the danger of him being lord of outland.

In Mists, the storytelling is lackluster at best. The bosses are reused models, nothing unique, besides maybe the last bosses of HoF, and Terrace.
    The focus is more on the two Factions brother.

It was time for more PVP/Faction lore/love instead of the usual PVE ONLY eff you PVP scenario.

Well... atleast the money spended was worth a lot more than in Cata, which isn't that hard to accomplish.

I'm currently still enjoying the game, but the question is for how long. I'm almost exalted with all factions, but I took a break with the ones I have left to do. Dailys are boring, and I doubt it'll ever get fun or exciting. I'm still looking forward to level up some alts, which I didn't had much time doing so. And I'd still like to see the Alliance version of Jade Forest and Krasarang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, all the questing throughout the entire leveling experience does nothing to explain why the mantid, and mogu are dangerous. Its a bunch of random, help farmer zook kill those dang mutated rabbits, and find 20 zillion luckydo's etc. It just does not do a great job making the player feel that is important to go in and do anything to defeat the "threat" on pandaria.
    The quests very clearly explain why the Mantid and Mogu are dangerous... I can't even ask if you cleared Jade Forest, because the Mantid and Mogu are both encountered and explained in that zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Yep. Pet battles > all other features implemented in previous expansions

no. dont play it at all anymore. maybe 1hr per week. last game time is running out so when its done not renewing

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you do this:

"With the horrible everything that is MoP, do you feel you are getting your money's worth?". What you should post is: "Do you feel you're getting your money's worth from MoP? I don't. Here are the reason I don't: XXX and XXX and XXX".

The first example is telling everyone for a fact that MoP is bad in XXX ways and despite those "facts", you want to know what they think. The second way is offering a simple question without bias and giving your opinion in return for people to discuss and reflect on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't raid anymore, nor do I PvP, and yet I still love this game and I do find that I've gotten my money's worth out of it. There's so much else to do and now that I don't raid I don't feel the same pressure to be constantly be online, I just log on whenever I feel like it. Even if I quit today I still think getting +10 days /played at maxlvl after around two months makes it totally worth it.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    The focus is more on the two Factions brother.

It was time for more PVP/Faction lore/love instead of the usual PVE ONLY eff you PVP scenario.
    I saw it for the first few quests into panda land, and thats it. Where is the PvP focus at?