Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Reccomend me some good multiplayer f2p games! :D

me and my friend need more games to play and can't spend any money. we currently play WoW sc2 and ghost recon online for the most part. LoL is out of the question unless you can convince me it's community is better than i remember dota being in wc3. we prefer games with pvp but eh we'll take what we can get

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    LoL's community is pretty bad. Its ok if you just mute everyone at the start of the game tho. That said World of Tanks is a fairly good f2p game if you are into that sort of thing. SWTOR has also gone free to play but the fp2 model is very restrictive and designed as an extended trial with an incentive to sub or pay.

*edit* are you wanting completely F2P like LoL or World of tanks, Or buy to play like SC2 etc

Completely f2p, idc if it's pay to win we just want stuff to play while we wait for money to get better games
    edit: i'll check out world of tanks. i thought it was pay to play but i never actually looked it up.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tanks is completely free, paying $ just makes going down the tank trees faster, you can technically access everything without paying real money. It has a bit of a learning curve but its a lot of fun.

Planet Side 2 is out and free. You can use real money to unlock things faster but it's not a big issue and there's nothing you can't unlock from just playing a few hours. If you guys try it out, watch RivalXFactors vids on the ps2 website to get going, helps because it's a huge game.

10+ Year Old Account
    TF2, Tribes: Ascend, Planetside 2, SMNC
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

TF2 and Planetside 2 would be my recommendations. Both are incredible games and you don't really buy power, they are fairly well balanced.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    The lol community is getting far better since the tribunal exist but its still a very competitive game with coop so there will always be jerks.
    Planetside 2 was good when I try it (was still in beta)
    I'm waiting for card hunter beta, should be just after the holidays
    If you want to try SWTOR you pretty much need to buy at least for 5$ of stuff to get the prefered status

Also theres a THQ humble bundle out, with just 1 dollar you can get Company of Heroes and it's expansions which is an awesome RTS and some single player games that are awesome. If you pay around 6 dollars you also get Saints Row the Third which has a 2 player coop for shits and giggles

EDIT: I know you said free to play, but the cost of the basic bundle (1 dollar) is so minimal i consider it free :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Spiral Knights or Planetside 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

TF2, Planetside 2.

Global Agenda + APB Reloaded are also worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Count_Satyros View Post
    Also theres a THQ humble bundle out, with just 1 dollar you can get Company of Heroes and it's expansions which is an awesome RTS and some single player games that are awesome. If you pay around 6 dollars you also get Saints Row the Third which has a 2 player coop for shits and giggles

EDIT: I know you said free to play, but the cost of the basic bundle (1 dollar) is so minimal i consider it free :P
    Definitely this then, Saints Row 3 is amazing and even more so with 2 players.
    Last edited by Doylez; 2012-12-10 at 06:27 AM.

Tribes:Ascend - fast, skill based and of course f2p.

You can also try getting into Firefall beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Firefall, First person shooter MMORGPFPSWTFITSGUDTHOUGH

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    BF1942 is now free

Deleted
    Planetside 2 and tribes : ascend

Planetside 2
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    LoL'S community, in my opinion, is vastly improved since they added the ribbon system. Honestly, I've been playing maybe 5 games per day for the last month, and only two people have been abusive - and I didn't respond, reported them and moved on. And I'm a bad player, so to be honest, if there's going to be abuse, I'd probably be getting it.

Some people are always going to lose their temper and get frustrated in absolutely any competitive team based game though.

DOTA although not technically free to play, has so many gift invites going around you can always find a free copy (you can still PM me if you need one).

Planetside 2 seems to have a fairly large playerbase from what I've seen whilst playing but I personally wasn't a massive fan - it's definitely worth checking out if you're into FPS at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely give Team Fortress 2 a go.

I've been playing it since 2008 and even then it was great for the price, now it's free and has a lot of content in it. It's also probably a great example of a F2P FPS done correctly.
    If you decide you like the game I recommend picking up one of the class starter bundles on their store which are 59p or I'd assume $1 which will not only get you two new weapons and a hat but will also elevate your account to premium which will remove the minor limitations the game has for F2P players such as the ability to offer trades, crafting and inventory size. If i had which class pack I'd say Soldier as everybody loves Viking hats.
    As a quick note about weapons the vast majority are just side grades whereas in most cases the vanilla Primary and Secondary weapons are considered the best and easiest to use, typically the un-lockable melee weapons are better but as they're melee it doesn't really affect the games balance at all.

If you try it out and have any question feel free to ask me!

It remains my favourite game since it's release so I'll certainly vouch for it being a great game.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-10 at 11:53 AM.

I was gonna recommend HoN but since you asked for "nice community" ya...nevermind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    DOTA although not technically free to play
    Dota 2 IS free to play, technically and in every other sense. Dota 2 is technically not released yet, even though literally everyone has beta keys these days.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.