Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    So, you were under attack by a mage and a moonkin and a spell on a 15 second CD crit you for half your (very small) HP pool?

Hey, I was in PvP in shit gear once and I was hit hard too. Maybe I should make a topic about it...
    I want a spell on a 15 sec cooldown that hits for 165k on someone with 15% flat damage reduction and 53% resilience too. Why can't I have it? Is it OP for me to have it but not for you? Really? If so, nerf it for Boomkins as well.

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 06:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I actually checked his armory, he's using the shitty crafted pvp gear, which honestly is even worse than pve gear.

So, let me get this straight: If one PvP's in PvE gear they are a n00b because they PvP wearing PvE gear, but if one wears PvP gear to PvP they are a n00b again because they don't wear PvE gear?

And no, I have got 6 Dreadful pieces in addition to the crafted PvP gear, so you fail again.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2012-12-17 at 07:08 PM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Nice explanation, however, PVP power does negate resilience, one way or another. Many people that are out pvping have less resilience than their enemies pvp power.
    Even in blue AH gear you would negate more then 25% of damage of a top equiped player.
    In honor gear about 40% of damage of a very good equiped player.

Deleted
    Don't count on Blizz to fix it.

"Oh hay, let's add some PvP power"
    "Oh, damage is too high? Buff resilience too"

I'm starting to wonder if we're ever going to reach 100+% resi

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Nice explanation, however, PVP power does negate resilience, one way or another. Many people that are out pvping have less resilience than their enemies pvp power.
    I believe most of the top players are gemming for resilience however, and will be running 65 - 67% resilience or better. You simply cannot negate all of that. A part of it will be negated, but Resilience is still overall more powerful than PVP Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Honestly, if you were better geared, the damage would go from ~50% of your health to ~35% which is perfectly fine and if you claim otherwise, almost every single class needs to get nerfed, even "underpowered classes"
    What do you mean better geared? I am in full PvP gear and I have got 53% resilience AND 15% all damage reduction.

I want to see the equation you calculate that better gear would reduce the damage from 50% of my health pool to 35%, otherwise you have got no idea what you are talking about.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    What do you mean better geared? I am in full PvP gear and I have got 53% resilience AND 15% all damage reduction.

I want to see the equation you calculate that better gear would reduce the damage from 50% of my health pool to 35%, otherwise you have got no idea what you are talking about.
    For us to be able to reverse engineer it we would need his armory and to know his PVP Power. However if we use some variables as a baseline we can assume an example.

He hit you for 160k, you have 53% reslience and 15% damage reduction, and lets just say he has 40% PvP Power (as an example).

160K/.85 -> 188,235/.53 -> 355,160/1.4 (40% pvp power) -> 253,685 approximately his normal hit in that situation.

Lets take it again at 60% resilience (an easy figure to reach in full Dreadful and gemming for resilience).

253,685 x 1.4 -> 355159x.4 (for resilience) -> 142,063x .85 for Iron Hawk -> 120,754.

So gaining 7% Resilience in this instance would have reduced that hit by approximately 25%..

That's napkin math, so I'm not 100% sure it is correct. But there is a reason I started gemming all my characters for resilience.

Deleted

If you were at least full dread you'd have more resi...maybe 55/56% plus I'd say at least another 12k hp. Add in a couple of maelovent pieces and your up to 340k hp And more resi. He's saying the more gear you get the less those big crits are gona affect you dying.

One last point...it's pretty easy to notice someone when they've popped their trinket since they go bright red and a massive symbol pops above his head. He's likely gona pop other cds in line with it so go defensive but saying this screenie is from a random bg what do you expect. If the shoe was on the other foot you wouldn't be calling for nerfs...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    For us to be able to reverse engineer it we would need his armory and to know his PVP Power. However if we use some variables as a baseline we can assume an example.

He hit you for 160k, you have 53% reslience and 15% damage reduction, and lets just say he has 40% PvP Power (as an example).

160K/.85 -> 188,235/.53 -> 355,160/1.4 (40% pvp power) -> 253,685 approximately his normal hit in that situation.

Lets take it again at 60% resilience (an easy figure to reach in full Dreadful and gemming for resilience).

253,685 x 1.4 -> 355159x.4 (for resilience) -> 142,063x .85 for Iron Hawk -> 120,754.

So gaining 7% Resilience in this instance would have reduced that hit by approximately 25%..

That's napkin math, so I'm not 100% sure it is correct. But there is a reason I started gemming all my characters for resilience.
    I now have six (6) dreadful and 8 contender's pieces. An additional 8 dreadful pieces would give me +7% resilience? I think not. Your paradigm is flawed.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I now have six (6) dreadful and 8 contender's pieces. An additional 8 dreadful pieces would give me +7% resilience? I think not. Your paradigm is flawed.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ehlissa/simple

3 Malevolent pieces, (easy to get ones), no PVP weapon, all the rest is Dreadful. Gemmed and enchanted for Resilience with matching socket bonuses. My resilience is 62.66. No, I've leveled up 4 characters and am gearing them out. My paradigm is not flawed, I know what gearing Dreadful does.

Sturm, instead of just complaining, why don't you provide your armory so that we can weigh in with advice if needed? There are other posters here WAY better at PVP than I am that would probably be more than willing to chip in with a couple ways to make your character better.
    Last edited by Shaderas; 2012-12-17 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Added info

Deleted
    I'm in full dreadful , 60% resilence.

Everyones burst is too high honestly.
    Want Rogue Gameplay? Subtlety/Assassination Guides? 2v2 3v3 and 1v1 strategies?

http://www.youtube.com/user/SusejFTW

Also SCP Containment Breach, Guild Wars 2, and Diablo 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Rmn View Post
    I'm in full dreadful , 60% resilence.
    No you are not, link to your armory or you lie.

Deleted
    No you are not, link to your armory or you lie.
    My shaman...Siopel frostmane eu is at 62% resi with one piece mal and pve weap! And it's not completely resi gemmed!

Quote Originally Posted by Westoad View Post
    My shaman...Siopel frostmane eu is at 62% resi with one piece mal and pve weap! And it's not completely resi gemmed!
    You have got two (2) Malevolent epic pieces, and you are gemmed full resilience.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You have got two (2) Malevolent epic pieces, and you are gemmed full resilience.
    I think she means she didnt disregard sockets and gem +320 Resilience gems in every one.
    Last edited by Shaderas; 2012-12-17 at 07:46 PM.

As sad as it is that you got nuked by an incarnationed laserturkey, this really isn't surprising. You're wearing very entry-level gear; how long do you expect you should live against unmitigated offensive cooldowns? In full arena gear, you'd have about 50% more effective health than you do right now--which is a fair bit of breathing room--but even in that case you still need to prevent that damage. I know, it's a battleground and you probably didn't even notice him, but basically that's why you died. If someone's glowing red, it's a safe bet that they're about to hand out some damage you'd be best off avoiding.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    As sad as it is that you got nuked by an incarnationed laserturkey, this really isn't surprising. You're wearing very entry-level gear; how long do you expect you should live against unmitigated offensive cooldowns? In full arena gear, you'd have about 50% more effective health than you do right now--which is a fair bit of breathing room--but even in that case you still need to prevent that damage. I know, it's a battleground and you probably didn't even notice him, but basically that's why you died. If someone's glowing red, it's a safe bet that they're about to hand out some damage you'd be best off avoiding.
    Like I said, no I am not wearing very entry level PvP gear. I have got 6 Dreadful PvP pieces and 8 contender's. No single ability should hit for that much on full pvp gear, period.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry didn't see that you didn't cover your name in beginning post. You've got all contender's pieces and all off-set pieces. It doesn't initially look like upgrading to dreadful would be as huge of an upgrade as it is, but it will be. Why? Lets compare chest pieces.

Dreadful has more resilience than Contender 394 vs 318, Socket Bonus of +120 Resilience, in addition to Red Socket (80 Agi/160 Resil gem) and Yellow Socket (320 Resil gem). That's a gain of 676 Resilience right there.

Based upon the amount of Dreadful pieces you have, shouldn't you have enough or close to enough Conquest to pick up a Malevolent piece yet? I'm assuming you are gearing through random BGs at this point. Anyways, it will get better. Good luck

---------- Post added 2012-12-17 at 07:56 PM ----------

Like I said, no I am not wearing very entry level PvP gear. I have got 6 Dreadful PvP pieces and 8 contender's. No single ability should hit for that much on full pvp gear, period.
    I've leveled 4 characters and decked them out in full Dreadful. I don't even consider Contender's real PVP gear, because Dreadful is that much better. Don't forget that the 4 piece bonus for the set (Helm, Chest, Legs, Shoulders, Gloves) is also +1000 resilience.

That's usually what everyone thinks, but resilience and pvp power is not additive. If you have 40% resil and 40% pvppower, it does not equate to 0%. The more PVP resilience you have, there is a huge difference you'll see. Again, its your gear. Contender -> Dreadful -> Malv is a huge difference. You might think 53% resil is a lot, but trust me it's not.
    Last edited by hplaner; 2012-12-17 at 08:08 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hplaner View Post
    That's usually what everyone thinks, but resilience and pvp power is not additive. If you have 40% resil and 40% pvppower, it does not equate to 0%. The more PVP resilience you have, there is a huge difference you'll see. Again, its your gear. Contender -> Dreadful -> Malv is a huge difference. You might think 53% resil is a lot, but trust me it's not.
    Yeah, I agree. Not trying to harp on you Sturm, but my Hunter was in a similar situation to yours a month ago, sitting right around 54-55%. Now that I'm up around 62% I do feel a lot more resilient (no pun intended). It does get better... grab some more pieces of Dreadful, and when you have the conquest grab some Malevolent.
    Last edited by Shaderas; 2012-12-17 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Spelling