Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    I think you were just looking for a new game to level in, and that can definitely be fun in GW2 (I occasionally level random alts just to see many of the zones I never did when I maxed my engineer). You'll realize when you max level in GW2 that it's nothing more than a huge grindfest for karma or dungeon tokens for transmog gear (although they've recently added in some gear progression, so you'll have to grind that out as well).
    Anything is going to be a huge grind fest in ANY game. Though.. I do like how I actually get to eat that carrot on a stick in GW2...

I have multiple characters at 80 in GW2 and I realised it was going to be grind-fest with the introduction of Events, and how dungeons were done. (Though I like the variety of the dungeons. Instead of doing let's say.. Stormstout Brewery 5 times in a row on the same path. I could do Stormstout Brewery 5 times in a row on a completely different path, but with one or two bosses the same on the second path.)

Sadly if I was looking for a game without any sense of grinding it would be best to stop looking for one. Every game out current has a form of a grind to it. Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, BLOPS 2, and LoL are just a few to name off. Though it's not as bad WoW's dailies from what I've been reading.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    New Dungeons are one of the few PvE aspects I've always been looking forward to. Yes it's mostly 1-2 per patch but running them and getting the achievments was usually something I enjoyed. Now they don't even bother to do that anymore, they're getting neglected in favour of their crappy scenarios whom I in all honesty despise since I have to dps instead of heal.
    What 1 per 2 per patch ? The only time they bring out new dungeons is at the same time the end raid of an xpan is released , toc 5man being the exeption but it sucked anyway, and has been this way since tbc. (excluded za and zg since they replaced raids)
    by the time this xpan's end raid arives we'll get new dungeons to close the gear gap , as usuall ^^
    Last edited by mmocffc62feb06; 2012-12-27 at 07:34 PM.

whats going to happen as time goes on? less people do this tier for LFR.

LFR is already terrible for gearing.

with dragon soul, the 3 new dungeons all dropped firelands normal level loot. it was a good way to gear up, alts or otherwise.

does blizzard expect people to sit in 1-2 hour queues for a 15% chance at loot?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    And what does that mean? Before you had multiple daily quest hubs and five different LFR queues and Scenarios and a regularly respawning world boss you had "more options?"

Seriously, be specific, because it sounds like you had a point but left it at home before showing up.
    It means than in the previousn expansions you had options for players with more than two alts (the point of the poster i quoted) and now you dont because the "options" are gated by a single system. Yes, all those tings you listed give less options for alts than what the previous two expansions have.

If you want to argue how less alt friendly is MoP in comparison to the two previous expansions, then you should really open a new thread, since its a completely different subject, but you are mistaken.

Deleted
    No new 5mans is lame. Every patch should have 2-3, anything else is just lazy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    whats going to happen as time goes on? less people do this tier for LFR.

LFR is already terrible for gearing.

with dragon soul, the 3 new dungeons all dropped firelands normal level loot. it was a good way to gear up, alts or otherwise.

does blizzard expect people to sit in 1-2 hour queues for a 15% chance at loot?
    LFR I think was implemented to give people filler gear for between Normal and Heroic raids.

Then again LFR was a failure that was implemented into the game for all the wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    The point is that a catch up mechanism isn't necessary. Plus the VP items should be higher ilvl.
    It is neccesary, VP items require dailies, which is my point. Blizzard pidgeonholing even more people into the single system they have been forcing people to use.

LFR is so unbalanced in roles played that its not a viable way to keep the gear progression going. Waiting for up to 5 hours per week for every character will not keep ppl playing LFR for the next 4-6 months. And defently T14 LFR will be starved with healers and tanks so no raids will never get going when tier 15 comes along. Cause ppl catching up will be focusing on catching up as DPS cause undergeared healer or tank will never get the job done in t15. And THATS a fact.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2012-12-27 at 07:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    Each tier would have 2/3 dungeons with higher item level than the last? Only the latest tier's dungeons would be run, rendering all the rest a waste of effort and time. Then people would get angry about the lack of variety with these 2/3 dungeons. Blizzard will never win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkbark View Post
    Lol, do you guys remember what happens when we get a two or three dungeon tier? We get angry because we have to grind the same 2-3 dungeons over and over again. Examples lie in 4.1 and 4.3.

Can you even decide what to get angry at?
    How much fun will it be to grind the same 9 dungeons for 1-2 years? I'd rather have a couple of new dungeons every few months. I would even be fine with giving them 463 loot, so that they're not their own tier. I know that people will have less reason to run them then, but I just like 5 mans and I like the kind of story they've told in previous expansions, like the 3 ICC dungeons and the 3 CoT dungeons. What was so special about them was, that they told one big story that related to the final raidzone of the expansion. To me, the 3 ICC dungeons were the best 5 man dungeons in Wrath and the 3 CoT dungeons were the best 5 man dungeons in Cataclysm. They stood out. I couldn't care less about loot.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2012-12-27 at 07:41 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well Blizzard did say that they would have patches like:

Patch 1: More dailies/scenarios or dungeons
    Patch 2: Raid
    Patch 3: More dailies/scenarios or dungeons
    Patch 4: Raid
    Patch 5: More dailies/scenarios or dungeons
    Patch 6: Raid
    Patch 7: More dailies/scenarios or dungeons

Anyways, it just so happens that the first patch implemented 2 new scenarios and no new dungeons, so i guess we will have to wait until 5.3 to possibly see new dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, that is why I suggested that Blizzard might not ask for a very high ilv to enter LFraid 5.2.

And you are talking about things being "fair" to new players. Well - in WotLK and Cata, complaints were that it isn't "fair" to old players how they went through a year of raiding and then a catchup dungeon was thrown in (Icc 5 mans, HoT) that allowed people to jump in and be in high ilv gear.

So..that makes it a matter of "whatever Blizzard does it is wrong"?
    It was fair for those old players. They had a whole year of fun in the game doing current content during the whole time. And Blizzard will not ask the same ilvl for Terrace than 5.2 LFR, so 480 is AT LEAST what they will ask (which is what you adquired after 4 months).

Quote Originally Posted by Preliatus View Post
    (Leveling just to 88 felt like a chore and was the main reason I went. "Screw this." and left the game.)
    It may seem strange to you, but leveling from 85 to 90 in MoP has been one of the most enjoyable experiences I've ever had in WoW. Period. The stories are great, lots of voice acting, story pacing is smooth and the mood goes from "lighthearted" to "height of the Scourge level morbid." I've leveled two all the way now and it's been great.

Quote Originally Posted by Preliatus View Post
    (Fun Fact: I left out of being bored during the 85-90 leveling, and bought Guild Wars 2. I used the "I don't like bipedal bears." Well.. Guild Wars 2 has bipedal Polar Bears. Real reason for leaving? Tight budget, lack of fun while leveling. Too grindy.)
    I own GW2. Knew someone who worked at the company who talked about it relentlessly. My highest character is level 28. Far, far too much grinding to level up. While I really liked the whole "you are here, this is personally about you and this is no one else's story but yours" thing it does, getting between those quests is like trying to go through BC from Vanilla with almost no quest rewards. A constant, unending drag.

That said, this topic isn't about which game is better.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post

Well this never happened before in Wow,so i guess they were lazy from the beginning huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    There will be a need for catch up mechanism. I think we are gonna see very serious and big drop out of players in the next 2-3 months (considering the huge focus on grind) and new players coming in will not be able to gear up fast enough (because of so low valor cap). Also the increased gap in ilvls between mains and offspecs will leave so many more casual guilds stranded. And beeing left stranded means more ppl will stop subbing.
    My interest level has already begun to wane.
    I only hit raid nights. Sick of farms. Sick of dailies.
    Used to like playing my alts, but not going to repeat the grind my main has gone through, on an alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    That's the reason, though. You can solo it in 20 minutes, good for you. They are designed around 3 players though. That's how most people complete them. If you end up in a scenario where you get healed by the NPCs, like Dagger in the Dark or Brewing Storm, or if you are with two other classes with great self healing/defensive cooldowns, then the healer's only contribution is overhealing. It's a wasted spot that could otherwise increase the efficiency of the group. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting every player involved to at least put an effort in, and standing still firing one or two heals every 30 seconds because there's absolutely no need to heal anything doesn't really count as an effort.
    I wasn't aware that when you specced heals they took away every damage dealing ability you had.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed that, and it was kind of painful. I'll likely be letting my subscription lapse until they release more 5-mans / interesting small group content. LFR is fun and all, but it's a once a week kind of deal and it takes forever. I was alright with them releasing new 5-mans every now and then, rather than every patch, but with the very small number of 5-mans this time out they've gotten boring faster than ever. Scenarios are okay but I don't know anybody that wants to run them more than once.

For people who wanted to keep guilds relevant I've found that there is very little for me to do with my casual guild. We're bored with heroic 5-mans, scenarios always leave someone out, not enough of us are interested in normal mode raiding. We most likely wouldn't be in this situation if the 5-mans this expansion weren't so bland and if there were more of them.

So we'll just go play something else until Blizzard adds more content for the common players. No problem. We're not angry about it. Just bored out of our minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I wasn't aware that when you specced heals they took away every damage dealing ability you had.
    They didn't. They just put it on par with White damage from every melee dps class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravelar View Post
    Well this never happened before in Wow,so i guess they were lazy from the beginning huh?
    We're back to Classic patches. A raid there.. new content implemented elsewhere.. a new raid here.. more new content implemented elsewhere.. Oh hey a new dungeon! .. Old content refined to be made better elsewhere..

It's a cycle that I think the game can handle a few times until the rabid fans demand more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The fact it has only been 3 months has everything to do with it. Yes, they said they wanted content out fast and hey, they have done that! That's why we already have our first patch. There is no set rule as to what they put in each patch. It's exactly the same as when they give us a new race or class. THEY decide what they feel is right. They don't follow a set pattern. They add things when they make sense. Not just for the sake of it.

I fail to see what options they are removing.

Yes, actually, it is early. Compared to any other expansion, it is VERY early for new dungeons. Just because the next patch is the 2nd of the expansion, that does not mean they HAVE to add dungeons.
    Dungeons are catch up mechanisms, thats why they are neccesary now, because we dont have proper catch up mechanisms yet. They HAVE to add dungeons so people have ways to catch up with current content to play with their friends.