Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Yes I did, you just didn't get the answer you like.
    No, you didn't address the question. Sarah Palin would have been proud on that one.

Its not a gun ban because its not banning all gun, its banning a subsection of guns. If there are guns that are still legal you can hardly say a gun ban is in effect.
    A gun ban doesn't have to ban all guns for it to be a gun ban. You know that and I'm not going to insult you by saying you don't.

You don't see how its hyperbolic and dishonest to come into a thread when no one is government is talking about banning all guns and start screaming about a gun ban?

Saying this is a gun ban is like saying the FDA is banning medicine when it bans a drug.
    Half true. It would be true if the FDA banned drugs that COULD be taken orally...or otherwise.

You don't see how its hyperbolic and dishonest to come into a thread when no one is government is talking about banning all guns and start screaming about a gun ban?
    Once again. Does this proposed law ban any guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    Not sure, but ol' TJ stated, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." What do you reckon he meant by that?

Also...any other amendments that you feel are "outdated"? 1st? 4th? 13th?
    Who the fuck cares? Being a signatory of the Declaration of Independence does not make you the arbiter of truth.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 06:09 AM ----------

I'm going to take that as a no Extra.

It WOULD be great if people that got to discuss gun bans / legislation actually knew something about them. This legislation bans just about every gun short of a bolt action rifle or revolver.

It WOULD be great if people that got to discuss gun bans / legislation actually knew something about them. This legislation bans just about every gun short of a bolt action rifle or revolver.
    Except they don't, and you should read the proposed ban before you go and confuse someone.

Who the fuck cares? Being a signatory of the Declaration of Independence does not make you the arbiter of truth.
    No need to stop being a lady...I was just asking a question. Heck...i don't even know what you are responding to. LOL

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 06:09 AM ----------

I'm going to take that as a no Extra.
    So you're going with "This law does not ban any guns"?

No need to stop being a lady...I was just asking a question. Heck...i don't even know what you are responding to. LOL
    Yes you do, I quoted you. Pro Absolute Gun Rights folks love to throw around 250 year old quotes like that actually makes an argument.
    So you're going with "This law does not ban any guns"?
    /sigh

Except they don't, and you should read the proposed ban before you go and confuse someone.
    So what part of the legislation don't you understand? Or what has confused you? Do have any idea how many handguns "can accept a magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds"? For some odd reason, i don't think you do. My XD M's standard magazine (nothing "combatty" or "assaulty" here) holds 16 rounds. Tht would affect a huge chunk of the firearm market.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry Wells, the only way Extra can debate is to argue semantics.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-12-30 at 02:27 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

So what part of the legislation don't you understand? Or what has confused you? Do have any idea how many handguns "can accept a magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds"? For some odd reason, i don't think you do. My XD M's standard magazine (nothing "combatty" or "assaulty" here) holds 16 rounds. Tht would affect a huge chunk of the firearm market.
    You're not understanding the bill. It doesn't say "if it holds more than X rounds its banned" it says "we're banning this gun and this gun and this gun and here are the reasons why". Big difference.

Yes you do, I quoted you. Pro Absolute Gun Rights folks love to throw around 250 year old quotes like that actually makes an argument.
    So then you too feel the constitution and its amendments are outdated? Is that your argument? I'm not too sure you get to cherry pick the ones you like or don't like.

So then you too feel the constitution and its amendments are outdated
    What the fuck is it with this thread?

The Constitution is law. What it contains is a valid citation for why a law can or cannot be. What a bunch of guys from hundreds of years ago think personally is their opinion and nothing more. Its not a citation, its not a law, its an opinion.

You're not understanding the bill. It doesn't say "if it holds more than X rounds its banned" it says "we're banning this gun and this gun and this gun and here are the reasons why". Big difference.
    Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:

-120 specifically-named firearms
    -Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
    -Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds

So...i'll go slow here. Where exactly do you get lost on the above? Help me out here.

Look at the actually source.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...d-ebf318d46d02

certain guns. So like I said.

The only time it blanket bans a gun based on capacity is on fixed capacity weapons.

What the fuck is it with this thread?

The Constitution is law. What it contains is a valid citation for why a law can or cannot be. What a bunch of guys from hundreds of years ago think personally is their opinion and nothing more. Its not a citation, its not a law, its an opinion.
    Haha...i know. That random guy i quoted certainly didn't have any input or provide any direction for what became America. I would certainly classify his thoughts and words as "irrelevant".

Look at the actually source.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/publ...d-ebf318d46d02

certain guns. So like I said.

The only time it blanket bans a gun based on capacity is on fixed capacity weapons.
    Stops the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of more than 100 specifically-named firearms as well as certain semiautomatic rifles, handguns and shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
    You didn't read your own link.

Extra if you're not going to follow along....