Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

MoP reputation factions shared?

At the moment i am feeling forced to play my enhancement shaman, when i want to try something else, because of the huge amount of rep i have farmed on it.

Why is it, it can't be account shared ( just the MoP rep atleast ) what is the problems with that? would there be any?

it only takes like a week or less to get revered with any of the factions, and that is what you need for gear, so stop being lazy.

This is a topic that comes up a couple of times a week.

Mostly Blizzard want people to have something to do all the time (i.e. even if you're completely done on one character you can keep going on alts). It's a model that I personally don't enjoy, as it is very annoying for people like me who have changed main. They should allow it to be shared, but it's probably not going to happen anytime soon.

Deleted
    Hmm i don't know if it is fair calling me lazy, lets say there is 5 factions that gives gear you can use. 2 of them first gets unlocked when the first hits exalted, and it is somewhat alot of time spend on dailies if i want them all at once? and if it is the second time i reroll it is alot of time spend on exactly the same work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mibsen View Post
    Hmm i don't know if it is fair calling me lazy, lets say there is 5 factions that gives gear you can use. 2 of them first gets unlocked when the first hits exalted, and it is somewhat alot of time spend on dailies if i want them all at once?
    except that is not how factions work, that is just you making shit up.

Deleted
    No?

Shado-pan and The August Celestials daylies first gets unlocked when Golden Lotus is exalted?

No?

Shado-pan and The August Celestials daylies first gets unlocked when Golden Lotus is exalted?
    nope. it's revered. takes about 4 days to get revered with GL to unlock the other two, and 3 days to get revered with the other 2. that's a week. It is about being lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    it only takes like a week or less to get revered with any of the factions, and that is what you need for gear, so stop being lazy.
    This, entirely this.

2 of them first gets unlocked when the first hits exalted
    You don't need to be exalted to unlock anything or obtain any gear. Revered is the cutoff. Revered gets you access to all gear, revered gets you access to the BoA increased rep for said faction, revered unlocks the pre-requisite for AC and SP rep. Exalted is something you elect to do for the final quest/faction reward, mounts and tabard.

lol, a week? for august celestials? where you cant even access friendly until your rev with golden lotus? ya that takes ALOT longer then a week.

Deleted
    ^What he said

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    lol, a week? for august celestials? where you cant even access friendly until your rev with golden lotus? ya that takes ALOT longer then a week.
    takes one week to get revered with GL and one week additional week to get revered with AC, AC quests being the shortest and easiest of all the dailies.

Hmm i don't know if it is fair calling me lazy, lets say there is 5 factions that gives gear you can use. 2 of them first gets unlocked when the first hits exalted, and it is somewhat alot of time spend on dailies if i want them all at once? and if it is the second time i reroll it is alot of time spend on exactly the same work.
    I've done it twice now on alts. Its not that bad.

Since you already did the rep grinds on one character, you can buy the commendations that double the rep gains.

Then you can reach revered with the Klaxxi just by finishing the quests in Dread Wastes. Shado-pan are more than half way to revered just by finishing Townlong Steppes. With the commendation, it takes about 5 days to get Golden Lotus to revered, which unlocks Shado-pan and August Celestials. Within another week after that, both of those would be revered. And assuming you were doing the 5.1 dailies as well while doing all that, they are revered also. 12-14 days max from the day you ding 90 to all valor gear factions at revered. Most of it done before you could even earn enough valor to buy a single piece of gear. Thats not exactly a huge time investment, especially since you can do all 5 of those factions dailies in less than 2 hours even in greens.

Blizzard wants you to actually PLAY your other characters. Not get them to 90 and have everything already done.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

it takes longer then 3 days to get from friendly - revered with AC. redo math. that would mean the faction hands out over 6k rep a day, which they dont even with all rep buffs. the most exp per day you can get with them is 1.8k, so how do you gain over 18k exp to hit revered in 7 days?
    Last edited by Djaye; 2013-01-05 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    Not when your literally getting thousands upon thousands of reputation gains from that commendation. Claiming it takes longer then a week, is either flat out lying, or just ignorance.

Deleted
    Well, 12-14 is more like the minimum amount of days.
    It is 12-14 days if you do them every single day. but not everyone have time to do daylies every single day.

It is 12-14 days if you do them every single day. but not everyone have time to do daylies every single day.
    half that with the commendation. so a week. BOOYAH!

And? Even without the commendations, you would unlock gear far faster than you would earn valor to buy it. In fact, you could pick one faction, and do their dalies every other day and still unlock gear faster than you could buy it. So why does it matter if it takes you longer. If you can't earn enough valor to purchase the gear, what is the point of having it unlocked that fast.

And if your point is that you just don't want to have to do it again, please refer to my prior comment that Blizzard expects you to have to actually play all your characters. No rep has ever been account wide in the history of the game.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 01:44 PM ----------

half that with the commendation. so a week. BOOYAH!
    My estimate was with the commendations. Because of the gated factions, it is impossible to do in just one week. It takes closer to 2. If the removed the requirement to have GL at revered before you can start working on AC, then it could be done in about 5-7 days.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Deleted
    Well no achievement has ever been account wide before MoP, so what is your point in that?
    Things are made to be changed

But my point at first was actually just that, it was anoying i had to do all the dailies all over time after time.

- In your prior comment you also claimed that i would be way up in some of the factions if i had the commendantions and just did the quests while leveling, the thing is just that, i am leveling by doing instances

10+ Year Old Account
    Why stop there? Just give automatic boosts to max level as soon as you get 1 max level toon.

It takes like two hours max to do them. And even so, if you skip a day, you don't get to add that to days it takes getting rep up, that's not how it works. You think thats time consuming... Are you one of those people who thinks that's too much work, but grinding hours and hours and hours per faction wearing a tabard in heroics to get revered (if not exalted) wasn't time consuming?