Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    If a GOVERNMENT wanted to control you in such a way as people like Alex Jones says they do, they wouldn't bother taking your guns first, they could just send a missile through your living room window.

What do you actually think is going to happen if you lose your access to high calibre weapons is what I'm interested in? because whatever you think they might want to do, they could do NOW even if you had a tank in your yard. That isn't to say i think America should ban guns, I'm sure they're fun to shoot at a range or whatever and useful for hunting, farmers etc but using a 200 year old document talking about Militias and over-zealous Government as a basis for keeping guns seems a little 'off'.
    You do realize that the government is based off of that 200 year old document? Do you realize that the document has been ammended over the years and is much "newer" than you think? If the government wasn't "overzealous" then why are they slowly, and illegally, using laws, not ratifying conventions, to change that document? Did you know that the current NDAA gives the President the authority to KILL you without a trial just by labeling you on a list as a "terrorist?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volas View Post
    My goodness lets arm ourselves to the teeth to fight the imminent civil war. While you're at it better teach the kindergarteners how to operate a suicide vest incase they are the last ones standing in the siege of their homes.

No, you don't arm everyone with fucking assault rifles incase a civil war breaks out, that's more a part of the problem than the solution.
    Assault rifles have been banne for awhile. The AR-15 is a hunting rifle that looks scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C-CLsMRcA0
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

I thought it was interesting to read that Columbine happened while under an assault rifle ban.... Yeah, that totally prevented things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Might as well ban those too. And rocks like someone else said. They were one of the mass murder weapons used weren't they?
    I've never objected to your right to own a gun, i've spent extended periods of time out in the sticks in the US and i can see why you might want a pistol nearby if you were to have an intruder in your home with the sherrifs office being fairly far away. What i dispute is the need to a MILLITARY grade auto firearm.

You can be as condescending with your rock/knife remarks as you like but it really doesn't change the issue here.

Everyone is looking at stuff the wrong way. People are screaming for gun bans. Others are screaming about the 2nd amendment. The problem isn't really with guns. It's what guns we have. There is no reason for anyone non-police, or non-military to have an automatic weapon. Who the hell goes hunting with an Uzi? The last few gun killings were done with automatic weapons. Yes any gun can be used to shoot up a school, but the magnitude of it changes when someones unloading 75 bullets with 3 seconds into a school, compared to a Glock for instance. Not to say that handguns/pistols haven't killed a lot. I'm just saying no one needs anything with auto-fire.

But even a ban on weapons won't change anything. People will still smuggle them into the states, and sell them out of cars.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2013-01-09 at 06:26 AM.

I've never objected to your right to own a gun, i've spent extended periods of time out in the sticks in the US and i can see why you might want a pistol nearby if you were to have an intruder in your home with the sherrifs office being fairly far away. What i dispute is the need to a MILLITARY grade auto firearm.

You can be as condescending with your rock/knife remarks as you like but it really doesn't change the issue here.
    You can't own a fully automatic weapon in the US. There is a big difference between a single shot semi-automatic and a mechine gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should they not invite that lunatic to the show? There are some very valid reasons for it.
    1. He's the guy that starts the petition to deport P.M., laughable btw., and a publicity stunt in itself.
    2. He was at P.M.'s show the night after the sandy hooks shooting together with a few others, and blew the whole debate up with his tantrums. All others tried to communicate civil and respectful, except for him.

I particularly loved his reference to copy cats and the Empire State Building.... Yet, there he sits, acts like a monkey freshly caught in some remote jungle. Giving the very prime example of a scumbag that should never have any firearm.. Pass laws that prohibits anyone who doesn't pass a stress and anger control test, from having a firearm, period.
    Right there, half the problems would be fixed. That guy is mentally ill... But the problem with such people often is, they don't even realize it.
    I'm really not a P.M. fan, far from it. But my highest respect how he kept his cool, and professionalism.

The knife comment is real, according to the BBC, there are many advocates trying to ban the sale of long kitchen knives, because they are used for murders/assaults.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    He's also right that crime is at a 40 year low (while gun ownership has risen). The FBI facts verify this.

So more guns doesn't necessarily mean more crime, at least in the USA
    Crime is at a 40 year low, yes. But gun ownership has declined significantly since the 70s:

Year Percent Ownership
    2011 36 %
    2010 39 %
    2009 40%
    2007 42%
    2005 40 %
    2004 38 %
    2003 43 %
    2002 34 %
    2000 32 %
    1998 35 %
    1996 40 %
    1994 41 %
    1993 42 %
    1991 40 %
    1990 43 %
    1989 46 %
    1988 40 %
    1987 46 %
    1985 44 %
    1984 45 %
    1982 45 %
    1980 48 %
    1977 51 %
    1976 47 %
    1974 46 %
    1973 47 %
    http://www.statisticbrain.com/gun-ow...-demographics/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_i...tates#Homicide
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Everyone is looking at stuff the wrong way. People are screaming for gun bans. Others are screaming about the 2nd amendment. The problem isn't really with guns. It's what guns we have. There is no reason for anyone non-police, or non-military to have an automatic weapon. Who the hell goes hunting with an Uzi? The last few gun killings were done with automatic weapons. Yes any gun can be used to shoot up a school, but the magnitude of it changes when someones unloading 75 bullets with 3 seconds into a school, compared to a Glock for instance. Not to say that handguns/pistols haven't killed a lot. I'm just saying no one needs anything with auto-fire.

But even a ban on weapons won't change anything. People will still smuggle them into the states, and sell them out of cars.
    THESE ARE NOT AUTOMATIC WEAPONS

Jesus fucking Christ people are uneducated, and they wonder why I don't want these people legislating my rights

Mr. Britain is a Texas Sharpshooter, but Mr. Texas doesn't know how to let people talk.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Crime is at a 40 year low, yes. But gun ownership has declined significantly since the 70s:

http://www.statisticbrain.com/gun-ow...-demographics/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_i...tates#Homicide
    http://reason.com/reasontv/2012/08/2...rime-goes-down

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Why should they not invite that lunatic to the show? There are some very valid reasons for it.
    1. He's the guy that starts the petition to deport P.M., laughable btw., and a publicity stunt in itself.
    2. He was at P.M.'s show the night after the sandy hooks shooting together with a few others, and blew the whole debate up with his tantrums. All others tried to communicate civil and respectful, except for him.

I particularly loved his reference to copy cats and the Empire State Building.... Yet, there he sits, acts like a monkey freshly caught in some remote jungle. Giving the very prime example of a scumbag that should never have any firearm.. Pass laws that prohibits anyone who doesn't pass a stress and anger control test, from having a firearm, period.
    Right there, half the problems would be fixed. That guy is mentally ill... But the problem with such people often is, they don't even realize it.
    I'm really not a P.M. fan, far from it. But my highest respect how he kept his cool, and professionalism.
    And with comments like these you would have never realised that (if you are in the US) people died fighting for and died defending the right for you to say and believe such things. Now, I understand the way Jones rambles is a little lacking of attention, but his points were all clear.
    -Piers Morgan is not a legal US citizen. Why does he even get to talk about US politics? He cannot vote.
    -Why is he in our country? For asylum. He fled the UK for being brought up on charges.
    -Why did he constantly try to put accross the idea that less people were murdered by guns in the UK in 2011 compared to the US. Raw statistics side by side meaning nothing if they aren't proportional.
    -What good does making firearms bring? Not a bit. There is plenty of proof (Australia and the UK) show that when firearms are outlawed violent crime increases drastically.
    -Why did Morgan try to mention 9/11? One, To discredit Jones after Jones both annihilated his argument for gun control and destroyed Morgans' character verbally. Two, Jones was right about everything he said about 9/11 as well.

The AR-15 is a hunting rifle that looks scary.
    Okay, how about I shoot you with an AR-15 and an M16 and see which one kills you more :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...can-t-be-right

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 06:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Okay, how about I shoot you with an AR-15 and an M16 and see which one kills you more :P

Or a pistol, or shotgun

All Guns are meant to kill. This isn't a foreign concept. If anything it shows how stupid bans on semi-autos are.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is literally the most funny thing I have ever seen in my life, in the worst way possible. Children, if this man can achieve a massive platform and get sponsors and a show, anything is a possibility.

I can't believe that there is actually someone out there that represents all the worst stereotypes of Americans. He is truly a diamond in the rough, and I am so happy to now know who he is.

Piers Morgan is an arrogant, over-bearing twit.

Alex Jones is a raving lunatic.

Putting them both in the same room, I'm surprised neither of them left bleeding.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    This is literally the most funny thing I have ever seen in my life, in the worst way possible. Children, if this man can achieve a massive platform and get sponsors and a show, anything is a possibility.

I can't believe that there is actually someone out there that represents all the worst stereotypes of Americans. He is truly a diamond in the rough, and I am so happy to now know who he is.
    Which Stereotypes are they? The ability to see throw bullshit media? The ability to stand up and defend American liberty? If so then good. I hope you think all Americans are that way.

Deleted
    Or a pistol, or shotgun

All Guns are meant to kill. This isn't a foreign concept. If anything it shows how stupid bans on semi-autos are.
    Out of all of this i can only start off by saying that it's very apparent the second amendment and the right to bear arms is something fundamentally drilled into your culture throughout the generations. These changes are not here to take that away from you merely make it harder for tragedies to occur. Sadly its no secret that a ban on these semi autos will not end high school shootings and such but not trying to stop them because "they've always happened and they always will" is a pretty horrible outlook on the situation.

Accepting mass murder as a cultural bi-product of your right to own a gun isn't needed. Embrace your love for your country's history but look toward a future with less Columbine, Colorado Theatre, Sandy Hook, and Virgina Tech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Piers Morgan is an arrogant, over-bearing twit.

Alex Jones is a raving lunatic.

Putting them both in the same room, I'm surprised neither of them left bleeding.
    Well, What do you expect from a hatchet man for the new world order?