Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clymene View Post
    I know you quoted them directly but it is not true. As PSP now (my sub just expired), the character select screen is telling me I can only activate 6 (I have 9). Sorry Kitty, time to kill some of your children.
    That may just be a bug as they clearly advertised it differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Dosn't explain why my companions lightsaber still dosn't turn off when they put it on their belt.

They will rush to fix their cartel market crap but ignore problems that have been in the game since day 1.

Shows that their priority is on the garbage they shovel out in the cartel market, not actual game quality.
    Fixing something which brings money compared to fix something purely visual and probably even more costing to fix.... no they have their priorities perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    In a Peter Griffon cut away fashion I like to think there is 20 or so ppl that make decisions for BW 10 are monkeys doing horrible things to a football, 9 of them are ppl so greedy the Ferengi are shocked by them and 1 is a smart and capable designer and exec that understands that you can make money and have a happy player base. They all take turns on deciding in a round robin fashion. The smart guy just got his pick now it is time for 19 amazingly bad ones.

They did fix most of the companion matching/head slot issues along with a few other things. It was an unexpected surprise to see that happen.
    sounds about right

10+ Year Old Account
    Dosn't explain why my companions lightsaber still dosn't turn off when they put it on their belt.

They will rush to fix their cartel market crap but ignore problems that have been in the game since day 1.

Shows that their priority is on the garbage they shovel out in the cartel market, not actual game quality.
    Haha, yeah. Its almost annoying enough to look at that it makes me not want to use my Jedi companions ever.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    Fixing something which brings money compared to fix something purely visual and probably even more costing to fix.... no they have their priorities perfectly fine.
    Nice to know you support corporate greed. Did Enron have their priorities right too? I mean they were focusing on how to make money and not on how to do things right.

Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Nice to know you support corporate greed. Did Enron have their priorities right too? I mean they were focusing on how to make money and not on how to do things right.

Disgusting.
    Hes not supposing corporate greed at all, it makes sense that they focus on fixing a service that players have bought over a visual bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Hes not supposing corporate greed at all, it makes sense that they focus on fixing a service that players have bought over a visual bug.
    I'm sorry, did players not purchase the game? Oh that's right, players purchased a game for $60+ since it came out. There are bugs that haven't been worked on since that time.

Not buying your faulty logic.

I'm sorry, did players not purchase the game? Oh that's right, players purchased a game for $60+ since it came out. There are bugs that haven't been worked on since that time.

Now now no need to get yourself all angry about it.

You have to break it down...

Does the visual issue stop users from playing or accessing the service? No.
    Are there other issues that do? Yes.

So its in the company best interest to fix the ones that do, its a given really Kitty.

10+ Year Old Account

Now now, someone who seeks to childishly insinuate I'm angry when I'm not, you need to say what you mean. Let me requote you:
    If you have a point, please make it. Backpedaling when called out doesn't really make your argument stronger.

Now now, someone who seeks to childishly insinuate I'm angry when I'm not, you need to say what you mean. Let me requote you:

If you have a point, please make it. Backpedaling when called out doesn't really make your argument stronger.
    You’re not making any sense, I was simply pointing out that a company would rather restore a service over something cosmetic. Doing so is normal and keeps the majority of customers happy, would you rather they fix the visual issue over a cartel item that players have bought and isn't working?

Don't worry i was also a bit surprised to see that the visual issue is still there after logging back in after 8 months.

You come across as angry in you posts so I’m just asking you to keep it civil, I don’t come on MMOC to argue but to discuss things with like minded individuals. I'm not your enemy Kitty we are simply having a chat mate

In a Peter Griffon cut away fashion I like to think there is 20 or so ppl that make decisions for BW 10 are monkeys doing horrible things to a football, 9 of them are ppl so greedy the Ferengi are shocked by them and 1 is a smart and capable designer and exec that understands that you can make money and have a happy player base. They all take turns on deciding in a round robin fashion. The smart guy just got his pick now it is time for 19 amazingly bad ones.

They did fix most of the companion matching/head slot issues along with a few other things. It was an unexpected surprise to see that happen.
    I used to work for Bioware, I secretly taped some meetings and my workday.....................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nCafikH-ZI (skip the first 10 seconds)

Dosn't explain the 11 or so months before the cash shop they were just lazy.

Agreed. people buy the game too (or at least did for the first year when many problems still wern't fixed). And then there are people who subscribe who deserve some quality.

You know what keeps customers? Quality and overall appreciation of customers/players.

Just catering to shop items is wrong and shows how little they actually care about providing for their players, just the almighty dollar they hold.
    Last edited by Argroth; 2013-01-09 at 02:43 PM.
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

Dosn't explain the 11 or so months before the cash shop they were just lazy.
    That is true can't really argue that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    You come across as angry in you posts so I’m just asking you to keep it civil, I don’t come on MMOC to argue but to discuss things with like minded individuals. I'm not your enemy Kitty we are simply having a chat mate
    I come on MMO-C to drown in the blood of my conquests. I stand on top of a literary pile of corpses. Those who challenge me are rent asunder by my verbose excellence...

Or people are overly defensive and sensitive by nature on forums. Take your pick *shrug* We aren't sipping tea at a debate with blazers on. Civility is flexible and often lost in translation.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 09:46 AM ----------

would you rather they fix the visual issue over a cartel item that players have bought and isn't working?
    They are already doing this, as we speak.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Does the visual issue stop users from playing or accessing the service? No.
    Are there other issues that do? Yes.

So its in the company best interest to fix the ones that do, its a given really Kitty.
    Agreed. This is basic business, and it makes perfect sense. It doesn't mean it's the "right" decision.

I'm also in the camp that believes EA's approach to preferred players was petty, but also reasonable if you take their viewpoint. Many of those players weren't satisfied with the game, and EA is not a company that spends money to fix problems when they can save money by closing shop. Attracting those players to come back was not, initially, high on their priority list. They weren't happy with the game, and EA wasn't willing to hire enough people to fix it. EA just wanted the folks who hadn't tried it to give it a shot.

This is all very typical of what happens when an employee moves from a fabric covered space to an office. They lose touch with the product and the customer satisfaction, and only focus on the profit.

I come on MMO-C to drown in the blood of my conquests. I stand on top of a literary pile of corpses. Those who challenge me are rent asunder by my verbose excellence...

Or people are overly defensive and sensitive by nature on forums. Take your pick *shrug* We aren't sipping tea at a debate with blazers on. Civility is flexible and often lost in translation.
    True but I still hate pointless arguments over the internet, such a waste of time. Thank you for being lighthearted about it all either way.

They are already doing this, as we speak.
    Oh really? Where did you hear this? are you talking about the lightsaber issue specifically? Would be great if they are fixing it more annoying than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh really? Where did you hear this? are you talking about the lightsaber issue specifically? Would be great if they are fixing it more annoying than anything else.
    Items in the cash shop were benig displayed differently than in their pictures in the UI. So instead of fixing all of the other Cartel Market unlocks that have been disappearing and not being applied to accounts for the last month, they are correcting the visual error on the gear you can buy.

No mention of a fix or even acknowledgement of the unlocks being broken has been uttered by them. Additionally, players with the issue are normally not subscribers so they have a less than adequate means of getting support from the company.

Most of them report not having their issue solved after weeks. Also, an entire sever (Harbinger) had tons of their players lose unlocks, items, etc in the latest patch. Once again, free/preferred players have no adequate resource to fix this.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 10:09 AM ----------

True but I still hate pointless arguments over the internet, such a waste of time. Thank you for being lighthearted about it all either way.
    I use words fiercely because it is my job. I am not emotionally invested in those words in a way to let a discourse on a public forum affect my being. This usually means I have no problems stepping back with anyone, no matter how severe they have interpreted my words or tried to use their own to my detriment.

Ok I must admit I really like your post the round robin comment fits so well with EA/BW/SWTOR. I loled hard at it.

One thing EA/BW needs to do is release all level 50 content to free/pre members since the new level 60 content is coming out do it in like a tier style for example Free/pre play Tier 1 while Sub's play Tier 2 then when Tier 3 comes out Free gets Tier 2 while subs are playing Tier 3 ect...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Items in the cash shop were benig displayed differently than in their pictures in the UI. So instead of fixing all of the other Cartel Market unlocks that have been disappearing and not being applied to accounts for the last month, they are correcting the visual error on the gear you can buy.

No mention of a fix or even acknowledgement of the unlocks being broken has been uttered by them. Additionally, players with the issue are normally not subscribers so they have a less than adequate means of getting support from the company.

Most of them report not having their issue solved after weeks. Also, an entire sever (Harbinger) had tons of their players lose unlocks, items, etc in the latest patch. Once again, free/preferred players have no adequate resource to fix this.
    EDIT: Sorry had to remove my rant due to my place of work
    Last edited by Toccs; 2013-01-09 at 03:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    One thing EA/BW needs to do is release all level 50 content to free/pre members since the new level 60 content is coming out do it in like a tier style for example Free/pre play Tier 1 while Sub's play Tier 2 then when Tier 3 comes out Free gets Tier 2 while subs are playing Tier 3 ect...
    That would be a great business model, except that you already have people like ones that post here that try and rationalize that subscribers are somehow getting a worse deal already. These people would be furious and not feel special enough for their subscription. They would keep paying their sub, because in their eyes the company is not at fault, and instead take out their wrong hostilities on the free players.

It already happens now. That situation would only magnify it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 10:21 AM ----------

EDIT: Sorry had to remove my rant due to my place of work
    Understandable.

IDK, I think the lighsaber 'bug' is kinda cool.

One night we were bored and lined up 3-4 guildies and stood around fighting/mortar volleying it like it was a boss. It was kinda fun, but alcohol was involved.

Now that I type it, it sounds a little lame. But it was like... so hilarious at the time. I think.