Page 37 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    After seeing the move scald I kinda want hybrid moves. That would be kinda cool if not terribly unbalancing.

Also I am starting black and black 2 soon so if anybody would like to help me build a dream team for both that would be jawesome. I still haven't beat a gen 5 game but I just got the 8th badge in white 2. Like every time I tired to beat black or white it got stolen or lost or something; so annoying.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2013-01-15 at 04:34 AM.

Deleted
    GOD DAMNIT
    Decided I wanted a Lapras in Black 2, finally found one under the village bridge, uses Perish Song on first turn...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I thought was interesting is what the starters were fighting. If Chespin's later evolutions go dual type, then the dark moves are super effective against the Golett (?) that is ground/ghost. If Froakie's evolutions where water/fighting, then it is super effective against the normal type Patrat. As for Fennekin, it was fighting a Kirlia. So there is a possibility it might be fire/ghost? Just a theory :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    GOD DAMNIT
    Decided I wanted a Lapras in Black 2, finally found one under the village bridge, uses Perish Song on first turn...
    Shiny Voltorb Selfdestruct on first move

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Someone seems a bit mad. Why all the unneeded hostility? I know it's a discussion forum, but a vast majority of people forget what discussion means. I mean seriously, one guy likened pokemon to star wars and called it shitty, that's not discussion, that's just outright hate. I don't hate anyone who hates pokemon, wherever did I say that? As a matter of fact, I couldn't care less what people who don't like/hate/whatever word you want to use there pokemon as a lot of em are boring. I may have been a bit harsh in my response to you, but I don't like the people that keep their nostalgia goggles on.

Though, I must say, my favorite part of this post is the part that I said used against me. Judging by like 90% of these posts, I am where people are of like mind and would agree with me, champ.
    Mad? Weren't you the one going on suggesting I was a liar, and then telling me I was being hateful for not liking what is a mediocre offering from a company capable of so much more? I merely find the majority of the new Pokemon uninspiring, to the extent that I find it difficult to enjoy the games, given they are about collecting and battling with those monsters. As for nostaligia goggles, it's quite to the contrary. I do like some of the improvements that have been made, such as the fact that my friends can battle four at a time by randomly shuffling ourselves in the four-way battles and then participate in a 3+3v3+3 double-battle. Triple battles were more try-hard and obligatory, in my opinion, becoming more tedious than fun.

I guess all I can say to that is "sometimes the irrational and inept represent the majority". I think you'll find that the majority of people in this thread want to discuss Pokemon X and Y. It just seems that a lot of the repeat posters are die-hard fans who feel it is their job to defend their precious, rather than acknowledge its genuine shortcomings.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    That'd be about my luck if I ever found a shiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    That'd be about my luck if I ever found a shiny.
    -Shiny Voltorb, Selfdestruct on first move
    -Shiny Pidgey in Fire Red BEFORE i got Pokeballs (first wild pet i encountered)
    -Shiny Abra
    -Shiny Ralts (also Teleports right away)

I've had all that... Did catch 2 Shinies that didn't blow up or ran off right away

Deleted
    I wish they would weaken most moves base power and buff up the STAB bonus, I feel type should matter more offensively than it does currently. I don't like that nearly every physical attacker has earthquake that hits so hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Minimum, I want a Hoen remake. World of Pokemon would be epic, or my friends and I have been hoping for a game like "Red's journey" where you go through all the regions in one game.
    This is something I've wanted for ages now, and one of the biggest reasons why Silver was by far and wide my favorite of all the series. The end game extension to battle the original trainers and Elite Four was a great idea that everything beyond has sadly lacked.

I'd have to agree, an MMO would be one of the best moves Nintendo could ever make. I could definitely see sales numbers for it rivaling the biggest franchises in the gaming industry.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

One big pokemon console game for the Wii U. Go through all the generations gym leaders and elite four and champions. Of course exp will have to be reduced a lot to not cap to 100 so quickly or the level has to extend past level 100 (but when you trade pokemon to the other games they auto reduce to 100).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    One big pokemon console game for the Wii U. Go through all the generations gym leaders and elite four and champions. Of course exp will have to be reduced a lot to not cap to 100 so quickly or the level has to extend past level 100 (but when you trade pokemon to the other games they auto reduce to 100).
    Level cap is actually 255.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post

Why do you think I always have a Quagsire? Besides being the most adorable thing ever.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post

Why do you think I always have a Quagsire? Besides being the most adorable thing ever.
    I thought explosion still happens, he just doesn't get damaged by it.

Deleted
    Quagsire has Damp I believe, it prevents exploding.

Deleted
    I'm just very happy with the Gothorita Event going on atm, Shadow Tag will never let me miss any (non-Selfdestructing) Pokemon ever again

10+ Year Old Account
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Damp_(Ability)
    Men!

I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Yeah I would prefer it that way, makes it more interesting. Or maybe even Water/poison.
    A poison type frog? It'd be too much like Croagunk, sadly :/

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    A poison type frog? It'd be too much like Croagunk, sadly :/
    Croagunk is a fighting/poison frog.

If the starter turns out water/fighting or water/poison it turns out too much like croagunk either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Croagunk is a fighting/poison frog.

If the starter turns out water/fighting or water/poison it turns out too much like croagunk either way.
    Water/Fighting is like Poliwrath.

On a logistics level, that's my problem with Froakie. Just last generation we had a Water frog pokemon.
    Men!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Water/Fighting is like Poliwrath.

On a logistics level, that's my problem with Froakie. Just last generation we had a Water frog pokemon.
    http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/537.shtml
    Water/Ground. Not really exciting Pokemon statwise and on looks. I'd love Fire/Psych, Grass/Dark and Water/Fight though.