Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    You can't do that on Stone Guards.
    he did it on the first boss of the vault of mysteries.. thats spirit kings maddening shout. not stone guard.. its the one where u can mass aoe the raid or mass disease it as he did.. and owned everyone.. very troll-worthy

and no u cant get banned for doing this. dropping a portal can be accidental. same with blingtron. if people are stupid enough to click them its their own fault. its just a shame u cant ban people for stupidity.

Since these pranks only work if the victim is intelligently deficient(read: STUPID), I feel you did well, OP, and shouldn't be punished for your deeds.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    As I see it, yes, you are griefing.

If you were in my guild, I'd kick you... if you were on my realm I'd announce what you did in tradechat, AND tell your guildleader... if you were some schmuck from another realm, I'd make a toon and provide your guildleader with the information what you've done...

of course, all that would happen AFTER I filed a report with the GM...
    i highly doubt the guild leader or game master would give a shit

i'd be willing to bet both of them would laugh their asses off
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    he did it on the first boss of the vault of mysteries.. thats spirit kings maddening shout. not stone guard.. its the one where u can mass aoe the raid or mass disease it as he did.. and owned everyone.. very troll-worthy
    Oh that. Well, Mages are immune to that, so it's not an issue for everyone.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are tools, taking delight in making other people miserable. Bannable? Probably not. Unkind and stupid? Definitely yes.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Deleted
    Another fun thing to do is casting heroism after you see every mage using their Alter Time when the fight starts, so they only get less than 6 seconds of heroism and lose a lot of dps compared to non-mages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    i highly doubt the guild leader or game master would give a shit

i'd be willing to bet both of them would laugh their asses off
    Yeah, the guild leaders of today are just a*holes that want to earn easy guildbank gold and nothing else. The first years of WoW were very different. Guildleaders took responsibility for their members and made sure they all upheld the honor of the guild. I would have a chat with the guildie that did this.

It's not funny, at all. It's probably not bannable or anything, and the people clicking it aren't the brightest in the bunch either, but the person who does this, does it to grief. He intentionally puts this down in the hopes of luring people to their death/wipe. It's a character flaw and it will not be limited to placing a portal or blingtron, this person will grief in any way possible while making sure to just keep safe from bans. I wouldn't accept a person like that in my guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Yeah, the guild leaders of today are just a*holes that want to earn easy guildbank gold and nothing else. The first years of WoW were very different. Guildleaders took responsibility for their members and made sure they all upheld the honor of the guild. I would have a chat with the guildie that did this.

It's not funny, at all. It's probably not bannable or anything, and the people clicking it aren't the brightest in the bunch either, but the person who does this, does it to grief. He intentionally puts this down in the hopes of luring people to their death/wipe. It's a character flaw and it will not be limited to placing a portal or blingtron, this person will grief in any way possible while making sure to just keep safe from bans. I wouldn't accept a person like that in my guild.
    It's none of your business what your guildie does in LFR/LFD, as long as he doesn't do anything like it in guild runs. Stop poking your nose in things that don't concern you.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    I've been in far too many guilds where the GM used the Gbank as his personal wealth, but that's their choice, their guild=their rules, I brought a lvl 25 guild recently and all the funds we get in the Gbank goes towards rewards for fun competitions and such, i think it's better, i also kick people who don't talk in guild chat, which is alot of people lol, i was a GM back in TBC and that was amazing, loved it, but the feel of guilds has changed alot since then =/

And to clarify, i would like someone to tell me if one of my guildies was doing something bad, Something like this though i wouldn't really see as a problem unless they only entered LFR to do it, then i would have a word with them about it

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    Some people are tools, taking delight in making other people miserable. Bannable? Probably not. Unkind and stupid? Definitely yes.
    I can't understand how getting teleported to Hillsbrad or falling down Elegon pit is 'miserable'. You people act like you'll get emotional scars about it forever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raivosoturi View Post
    I can't understand how getting teleported to Hillsbrad or falling down Elegon pit is 'miserable'. You people act like you'll get emotional scars about it forever.
    They probably do, that's why they're so bitter on the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No one outside your own guild would give a shit. And most people on trade would most likely tell you to shut up, especially if you do it on another realm as a lvl 1.
    It's really sad that you waste the time of guild leaders with your bitterness and stuff they couldn't care any less about.
    As I see it willfully causing a raid to wipe and wasting my time because someone wants to be 'funny' deserves an equally 'funny' response... Sorry, but thats the way I see it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 05:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    Well, aren't you just a little crybaby.
    Nope... allergic to willful, malicious asshats. How exactly would YOU respond to their action if you were a guild leader, or, part of the raid he intentionally wiped?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    That´s exactly what I think when reading topics like this one. Most people just can´t take any joke without getting butthurt about it.

It´s not the end of the world if you click the wrong portal or fall down the Elegon pit. Heck I ended up in Stonard 1000 times in the Wotlk and BC days because a Mage put up that portal instead of the real portal. Heck I didn't even read which portal it was and just clicked it.

Had a laugh and forgot about it right away. Some guys here would have cried to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Intentionally wiping a raid can get you actioned.
    What? What did he do?
    OP you are fine, absolutely fine even. If you did anything, you've just showcased the negative change in the players behavior nowadays.
    I remember times where it was an absolute NO-GO to loot or whatever during a fight. You fight a boss, you ignore everything else that isn't boss related.
    If anyone clicks on a sparkly blue ! during a raid encounter, then they deserve to die... Should teach em, but I'm sure it won't.

The one before the encounter, well...... that one's quite a bit mean. Seeing how several douches hopping right on top of the NPC, obscuring the view.
    But then, it was funny somehow... I'm sure you've got your punishment by the raid vote kicking you, did ya? That should suffice..

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:15 AM ----------

Humor.... A rare gift nowadays.. Apparently many struggle to find it.
    Getting ported to Stonard or Exodar respectively was always a joke, and everyone adjusted NOT to fall for it at the end of a run.
    Standing in Dalaran, watching people clicking desperately on the Portals with zero success, until they've asked in Trade or General whether the portals were broken,
    and all what it was, was a mage putting his./her portals right on top of it... That was all once hilarious, and everyone was able to laugh about it, including the victims....

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Nope... allergic to willful, malicious asshats. How exactly would YOU respond to their action if you were a guild leader, or, part of the raid he intentionally wiped?
    I would bitch at the entire raid, if at all...... Because when you raid, you suppose to do just that, and not clicking on any other bullshit.
    In fact. I'm old school enough, that if I'd ever see a roll window pop up for a green.blue item during a run, that's where I would bitch, and warn to kick the next person from the raid, that dares to loot during any fight activity.

[QUOTE=Voyager;19888997]This. It's not his fault if people take the quest. And any ranged dps wouldn't even notice it because they're supposed to stand at the edge at all times and mages can't even cast blingtrons.[COLOR="red"]

Um, my mage casts them all the time. It's called Engineering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering: Favorable Profession for Rogues, Mages, and Hunters.... At least at some point of the game it was. Hence why many still have it. My mage is an engineer too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'm surprised people went for either of those.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

I killed 23 people on Elegon the 2nd week of the LFR by saying in raid chat "wow i cant believe they hotfixed lfr elegon so he no longer drops his floor!"

I'd say this is about the same. People need to learn to have tougher skin. Blizzard has said many times being a jerk is not a directly bannable offense so I really highly doubt this is very high on their list of things to action people over.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Sadly, you won't likely be banned, but you should for being such a tool.

"Hey, look at me! I do LFR just to troll people! I'm so awesome!"

Go play Guild Wars or ToR, please. You belong with your own kind.
    Hey hey! What's wrong with Guild Wars or WoW? I notice more polite people (before TOR went F2P ofcourse)

Deleted
    in dragonsoul LFR i use to cast stonard and silvermoon portals over the portal to 4th boss (cant remember name) would usually catch a few people out was a lot of fun. dont think its bannable or anything though