Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I think that's what most of us forgot here.
    Make sure the time investment you'd need in order to learn the role to such an extent as to reliably dominate in it is worth it, whichever lane has the strongest carry potential. After all, no matter how strong of an impact jungle has on early and mid-game I damn sure am not going to make good use of it, for example. >.>

It's all fine to discuss theoretical possibilities, but this thread is still a question and a request for help from an individual.
    Kind of reminds me of those people who see something unbanned like shen or amumu in ranked and instant lock it because they got told it's "OP" then they really fail at it

Nothing is really that great without a load of practice, and you getting a feel for it /enjoying it imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    I agree that he is a viable jungler and let's be honest... you dont need to practice jungling with him. Pressing q and autoattacking minions mindlessly doesn't make him any harder to play than any other jungler. I might have missunderstood you but it sounded like Darius hard. It's more a thing of understanding the jungle and knowing what to do which you need for every jungler

About the sightstone: I really like the item but I'm not sure if it is the right item to snowball you ahead. It wont make your jungle faster and neither will it make you a lot tankier. It is an amazing item to stay ahead once you managed to get an early lead but even then I'd only buy it if your lanes are too stupid to ward for themselves although you asked them to. You dont need to ward their jungle all the time. 1 Ward all the time (talk with mid so both wraith entrances are covered or just ward the other entrance when one is warded) and an occasional ward at buffs when you know buffs will respawn are enough. That would be an average of 1.6 wards per 3minutes [1 permanent, 1 ward every 5min] or 6.67 gp10 (let's say you ward things which are not really necessary and round it up to 7gp10 => you need 16min and 40sec to have the sightstone pay off. A very long time). Looks nice but considering you will fall behind in gold as a jungler and it doesn't really help you do your job (stand in the frontline, soak some damage etc) which would make forcing objectives easier. I guess thinking about it I'd hardly ever get the sightstone as a jungler.

PS: My point of view might be totally wrong due to exactly 0 sleep. If i'm wrong tell me
    I don't build a single GP5 item with Darius because if you have half a brain and know how to gank you'll get the kill if the enemy doesn't have flash.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I don't build a single GP5 item with Darius because if you have half a brain and know how to gank you'll get the kill if the enemy doesn't have flash.
    I doubt you've completely read what I've written

I didnt suggest buying a gp10 items... that was you. A sightstone is nothing but a gp10 item which doesn't generate money but generates wards and saves you money.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt you've completely read what I've written

I didnt suggest buying a gp10 items... that was you. A sightstone is nothing but a gp10 item which doesn't generate money but generates wards and saves you money.
    Also Darius isn't faceroll, if people know what they are doing they can shut him down considering he has to get close and personal. If you fuck up a your ultimate (missed-timed) in a team fight and don't get the last hit then there goes most of your damage as him due to his q and w not being much when building tank. He's easy in the jungle but then again most are when clearing camps... People say he isn't viable in the jungle but really are clueless, I personally think he's much more viable in the jungle than top because it's much harder to counter pick in the jungle.

Ganks do require practice and please for the love of my sanity start with red buff... It makes the clearing much eaiser and you can if you decide by level 3 to get e to attempt a gank.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Also Darius isn't faceroll, if people know what they are doing they can shut him down considering he has to get close and personal. If you fuck up a your ultimate (missed-timed) in a team fight and don't get the last hit then there goes most of your damage as him due to his q and w not being much when building tank. He's easy in the jungle but then again most are when clearing camps... People say he isn't viable in the jungle but really are clueless, I personally think he's much more viable in the jungle than top because it's much harder to counter pick in the jungle.

Ganks do require practice and please for the love of my sanity start with red buff... It makes the clearing much eaiser and you can if you decide by level 3 to get e to attempt a gank.
    Depends on so many things where to start. Can't really just say "ima start red errygame".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    Depends on so many things where to start. Can't really just say "ima start red errygame".
    Unless I'm invading, chances are I'm going to start red every other time with Darius, he doesn't need blue initially and he clears much better with red.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Unless I'm invading, chances are I'm going to start red every other time with Darius, he doesn't need blue initially and he clears much better with red.
    While that's all fine and dandy, what if top needs an early gank though, and you're purple-sided? Or the other way around, bot needs an early gank and you're blue-sided.

It all depends on so many things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darius not need blue? Lolwhut? He is pretty blue reliant for the CDR as well as the mana regen. You need it to clear camps with any sort of speed and not almost die.

I used to be of the mind that top cannot Carry, but then I played Kayle top and won because 1) I completely shut out the enemy, 2) She deals crazy amounts of damage, and 3) Split pushing wins games, especially when they have to send two or three people to stop you or they will fail.

Not all top laners can carry, but the ones that can are damn scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    While that's all fine and dandy, what if top needs an early gank though, and you're purple-sided? Or the other way around, bot needs an early gank and you're blue-sided.

It all depends on so many things.
    It's hard to even get a gank off so early with blue buff with blue side to be honest. :/

Also, you can't really predict the enemy top if he's going to push or not so red either way, they generally won't push so far until I reach level 3 and I can gank by then if needed by putting a point in my e.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 12:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Darius not need blue? Lolwhut? He is pretty blue reliant for the CDR as well as the mana regen. You need it to clear camps with any sort of speed and not almost die.

I used to be of the mind that top cannot Carry, but then I played Kayle top and won because 1) I completely shut out the enemy, 2) She deals crazy amounts of damage, and 3) Split pushing wins games, especially when they have to send two or three people to stop you or they will fail.

Not all top laners can carry, but the ones that can are damn scary.
    You need to watch my games Axe.

Really please.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to watch my games Axe.

Really please.
    I would, but you play on the empty server and not NA. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I would, but you play on the empty server and not NA. XD
    Smurf, spectate. You have no excuse for that.
    Hey everyone

Duronos I was agreeing with you on Darius being good in the jungle, I just disagree with the sightstone due to the reasons already listed above

One thing I have to strongly disagree is starting red to increase your jungle speed. That's just a waste of the buff. The buff is nice and everything but its true power is the slow and bonusdamage for ganks. I don't say starting red is bad (I love starting with a smiteless red into a smited blue and ganking top with 2 levels advantage) but it's a bad decision to use it if that early if you dont plan to gank with it asap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Duronos I was agreeing with you on Darius being good in the jungle, I just disagree with the sightstone due to the reasons already listed above

One thing I have to strongly disagree is starting red to increase your jungle speed. That's just a waste of the buff. The buff is nice and everything but its true power is the slow and bonusdamage for ganks. I don't say starting red is bad (I love starting with a smiteless red into a smited blue and ganking top with 2 levels advantage) but it's a bad decision to use it if that early if you dont plan to gank with it asap.
    Alrighty, I'm all about red I guess... Personal preference considering I play Shaco a lot who I love starting red with (though you can go the blue deceive over and get enemy red easily).
    Hey everyone

Shaco has the option to do some crazy stuff. Plant some boxes at blue and let your team pull it and attack it a few times (best make sure that those guys are premade with you...accidental steal would suck) and prepare to steal his red. The other way round when the enemy jungler starts red

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shaco has the option to do some crazy stuff. Plant some boxes at blue and let your team pull it and attack it a few times (best make sure that those guys are premade with you...accidental steal would suck) and prepare to steal his red. The other way round when the enemy jungler starts red
    why would you even need your team to do any damage to it, 3 boxes takes out the buff alone.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    why would you even need your team to do any damage to it, 3 boxes takes out the buff alone.
    faster kill, leashing the golem to the boxes, making sure the small ones die

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid definitely, the ability to get massive amounts of CS farming wraiths/wolves between creep waves + the impact on Top and Bot you can have is enormous. You can single-handed carry lanes for other people by ganking at the right times and the right amount of times.

Jungle;
    On succesfull ganks you get the kill or assist. In the best case you give you adc a double kill bot (or take it for yourself).
    Junglers who have lots of mobility and great initiation and are present in lanes a lot especially.

But... Sometimes it's not the lane / jungler that carries. It's making a good call.
    For example; Blue got invaded, our support helped me on red, said to go their blue. So i did, he helped and warded. We got few kills bot and won the game. All cause of one awesome call.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

For me, personally, mid was the easiest to go from the 1100s I was duoing with a friend in to get Pfeff to 1500. Just wanted gold on that name and mid was the easiest way to do it. If you aren't good at roaming, though, then jungle is the way to go. Here's how I got to gold 100% solo fairly easily after playing hundreds of games in Silver with a friend duo. When I get:

Top: My goal is to just piss off the other top laner and zone them out. Get a few levels above them and dominate everyone else
    Mid: Make sure Mid is won and one other lane. Top or bottom, doesn't matter, just camp another lane once yours is won
    Jungle: MAKE ALL THE LANES WIN
    ADC: Farm, farm, farm, split push when appropriate and team fight when needed
    Support: Ward the shit out of where we are about to fight and counterward the same area. If you are fighting between top and mid, there is no point warding all of bottom until after the fight. Always carry wards with you and don't use them all right away. Make sure every single brush you are actually FIGHTING in is warded, not just all the bushes for fun. Supports win games

Very basic, I know, but it helped me to climb like 400 points solo without my shitty duo partner
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    For me, personally, mid was the easiest to go from the 1100s I was duoing with a friend in to get Pfeff to 1500. Just wanted gold on that name and mid was the easiest way to do it. If you aren't good at roaming, though, then jungle is the way to go. Here's how I got to gold 100% solo fairly easily after playing hundreds of games in Silver with a friend duo. When I get:

Top: My goal is to just piss off the other top laner and zone them out. Get a few levels above them and dominate everyone else
    Mid: Make sure Mid is won and one other lane. Top or bottom, doesn't matter, just camp another lane once yours is won
    Jungle: MAKE ALL THE LANES WIN
    ADC: Farm, farm, farm, split push when appropriate and team fight when needed
    Support: Ward the shit out of where we are about to fight and counterward the same area. If you are fighting between top and mid, there is no point warding all of bottom until after the fight. Always carry wards with you and don't use them all right away. Make sure every single brush you are actually FIGHTING in is warded, not just all the bushes for fun. Supports win games

Very basic, I know, but it helped me to climb like 400 points solo without my shitty duo partner
    Speaks the truth about the support and how much carrying potential they actually do have. Many fail to realize how much wards make a difference.
    Hey everyone