Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    To put it more plainly: When the government starts to overstep its bounds or stops doing its duty, that's where the Second Amendment comes in.
    Good luck facing tanks, planes, helicopters, missiles and aircraft carriers with your handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Oh boy Anonymous again. They always have some scary video that ends up being nothing.

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 03:35 AM ----------

Also the people who actually think Anonymous could have gotten America's codes for their Nuclear arsenal(which i doubt anonymous was referring to) greatly overestimate anonymous's capabilities and greatly underestimate the US governments security. And honestly if Anonymous released them, they would be the dumbest people on earth.
    they have made federal websites look like swiss cheese. These guys can do anything don't underestimate there capabilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    This one might actually be legit.

The use government and a dozen news stations have been crying "omfg disable java before you cause ww3" for 2 weeks now. Then just a few weeks later anon releases the encrypted codes to some unknown virus.

They didn't do their standard ddos either, they legitimately hacked the government website and made it fully editable.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You know what the initial code for the nuclear arsenal of the USA was during the Cold War (has been declassified)?

Eight zeros.

Apparently because they didn't think anything more complicated would be easy to get right in an emergency.
    Was anyone else disappointed that it wasn't 12345?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    So what is it that's being "quietly distributed to numerous mirrors". Cause their sentence structure implies it's the warhead. And I'm not entirely sure how a single warhead, that's supposedly primed and armed, can be distributed to multiple places.

Either way, they DID say they have a warhead primed. I mean, that's gotta count for something.
    Are you fucking stupid? I mean... I see several fucking MORONS on this forum saying "how did they get real nuke codes, how do they have a real warhead?" If you all even read the page, or ANY of the news reports. Or just had ANY common sense at all you would realize that its all digital information that they have. They have "dirt" on the supreme court justices apparently, at least with them naming the files after the justices.

As for them having sensitive information.. Maybe they do... All of the files can be downloaded on the pirate bay just search Anonymous.

They "key" is not included, however anyone with any "hacker" knowledge can probably crack it. Fact of the matter is, its probably something as stupid as names addresses and telephone numbers. Anonymous seems to think that information that is most likely public to everyone anyway is "sensitive"
    Westboro is point and case. Of the two times they hacked WBC (that I followed) all they released was names, phone numbers, addresses. I could go onto whitepages.com and get that info.

If it is something with more meat in it, then I would love to see what kind of information they have that they are trying to use as leverage. I would love to see information about espionage, or even something as cool as they have info that the government has been hiding aliens from us all this time!!

Let's be real for a second. Chances are they don't have anything that will make any difference in the minds of the monkeys running washington. If they actually do have something, then I would be happy for them to use it. This government has been corrupt for way too long, but I still can't imagine what kind of information they have that would actually make a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    To put it more plainly: When the government starts to overstep its bounds or stops doing its duty, that's where the Second Amendment comes in.
    If you look at what bearing arms will actually do to protect you if the government decides to take total control, I don't think it would make any difference. You can own your arsenal of guns, but the armed forces will always have better gear in all aspects, they will be able to control your food and water, and they will be far more organised than any militia ever would. There is nothing you can do against an APC/tank column of troops or drone attacks. You will be outgunned, outmaneuvered, prisoners in your own town/home and the vast majority of the populace won't be looking after anyone else but themselves. You would just destroy yourselves in the end without a government.

What would protect you from the government is rules like the UK have, which is that the armed forces will always take the side of civilians if their government orders them to attack their own countrymen, unless said countrymen are on a riot and killing other countrymen and destroying businesses, of course (thinking back to The Riots here)

considering that America won't negotiate with terrorists, I'm not so certain Anomymous have much of anything here. It might be some embarrasing collection of secret stuff that will end up taking the head off of some scapegoats that are yet to be made, but knowing America's policy on terrorists, and knowing how they see Anomymous, this kind of threat is pointless. Any issues that arise from these secrets will be forgotten in a month due to how corrupt things are over there.

If they have something of the magnitude that they say they have, just release it before damage limitation plans can be made. The American government isn't going to negotiate or it opens the doors to more problems, so holding on to it just lessens the impact they want to have when it's released.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-01-26 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    they have made federal websites look like swiss cheese. These guys can do anything don't underestimate there capabilities.
    On the one hand, that is nothing special. Most websites are terribly secured (for editing) the actual databases might be fairly secure though.

On the other, it's not like the governments are the only ones with good security guys, I bet a few people have read this thread who have both the capability and the software to hack a high-security database. Maybe one of them also supports this? You can be a white-hack hacker and support Aaron Swartz ideals, even if you don't support anonymous as a whole. God knows I don't, but this is the type of law I've always had the biggest issue with. "If we want to get you in jail we will find some way to do it using some irrelevant backwards law and not for what we actually want you in jail for"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Not true. In our current system these would be stopped by any means. The government may say democracy etc, but they wouldn't allow it.
    I was referring to walking in front of a train to get limelight.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm still amazed that people actually believe that their home arsenal will protect them from an oppressive government.

Most rebellious uprisings against an oppressive government usually end in the uprising being culled and shamed. The Sons of Liberty were nothing more than rebellious activists with their own agenda and lust for power. They just happened to be one of the few successful uprisings.

Compared to what the US Government is capable of doing, the sheer military force and the ability to manipulate the public eye, someone's home arsenal isn't going to do jack.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2013-01-26 at 06:29 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whenallislost View Post
    Are you fucking stupid? I mean... I see several fucking MORONS on this forum saying "how did they get real nuke codes, how do they have a real warhead?" If you all even read the page, or ANY of the news reports. Or just had ANY common sense at all you would realize that its all digital information that they have. They have "dirt" on the supreme court justices apparently, at least with them naming the files after the justices.

As for them having sensitive information.. Maybe they do... All of the files can be downloaded on the pirate bay just search Anonymous.

They "key" is not included, however anyone with any "hacker" knowledge can probably crack it. Fact of the matter is, its probably something as stupid as names addresses and telephone numbers. Anonymous seems to think that information that is most likely public to everyone anyway is "sensitive"
    Westboro is point and case. Of the two times they hacked WBC (that I followed) all they released was names, phone numbers, addresses. I could go onto whitepages.com and get that info.

If it is something with more meat in it, then I would love to see what kind of information they have that they are trying to use as leverage. I would love to see information about espionage, or even something as cool as they have info that the government has been hiding aliens from us all this time!!

Let's be real for a second. Chances are they don't have anything that will make any difference in the minds of the monkeys running washington. If they actually do have something, then I would be happy for them to use it. This government has been corrupt for way too long, but I still can't imagine what kind of information they have that would actually make a difference.
    Protip: You do not just "crack" 256 aes.

I don't think its nuke codes, but I am in support of this. Finally someone with enough balls to stand up to the corrupt government.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    If you look at what bearing arms will actually do to protect you if the government decides to take total control, I don't think it would make any difference. You can own your arsenal of guns, but the armed forces will always have better gear in all aspects, they will be able to control your food and water, and they will be far more organised than any militia ever would. There is nothing you can do against an APC/tank column of troops or drone attacks. You will be outgunned, outmaneuvered, prisoners in your own town/home and the vast majority of the populace won't be looking after anyone else but themselves. You would just destroy yourselves in the end without a government.

What would protect you from the government is rules like the UK have, which is that the armed forces will always take the side of civilians if their government orders them to attack their own countrymen, unless said countrymen are on a riot and killing other countrymen and destroying businesses, of course (thinking back to The Riots here)

considering that America won't negotiate with terrorists, I'm not so certain Anomymous have much of anything here. It might be some embarrasing collection of secret stuff that will end up taking the head off of some scapegoats that are yet to be made, but knowing America's policy on terrorists, and knowing how they see Anomymous, this kind of threat is pointless. Any issues that arise from these secrets will be forgotten in a month due to how corrupt things are over there.

If they have something of the magnitude that they say they have, just release it before damage limitation plans can be made. The American government isn't going to negotiate or it opens the doors to more problems, so holding on to it just lessens the impact they want to have when it's released.
    Its the Art of War, same thing that happened in the American Revolution, Vietnam and currently in the middle east. Guerrilla Warfare trumps organized military tactics.

10+ Year Old Account
    The right of revolution may be necessary yet. The government has become death. I hope we never come to violence, as they will just use our violence to justify their further oppression, but it is the last line. I'm also sure most of the military would be on our side.

Well, time for Fallout!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVekJTmtwqM

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
    Last edited by GreatOak; 2013-01-26 at 06:38 PM.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Deleted
    Like? what have they done? ever?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Its the Art of War, same thing that happened in the American Revolution, Vietnam and currently in the middle east. Guerrilla Warfare trumps organized military tactics.
    Guerrilla Warfare wins when you are fighting an foreign occupying force, but fighting your own government isn't the same thing. The Civil War was done in an age of warfare that no longer exists, and it was fighting a power that was across an ocean. The Vietnam war was North Vs South with allies on either side fighting, which included your own armed forces of the time. The people of Vietnam were less a guerilla army fighting a communist army, and more a single part of a much larger force.

If you somehow managed to break free of control your government attempts to force on to you, each state would have to govern itself, and some of them are pretty radical. I don't think it would take long for civil war to break out again.

The current theatre of war with 1st world armed forces involves some powerful and destructive technology that a Guerilla army wouldn't have the resources to use, let alone be able to operate without training. If the American government decided to pull something where the second amendment had to be enforced, there isn't much other governments would do to stop them. It would just be too costly, which is sadly what everything comes down to in the end.

Going totally offtopic here though so I'm going to stop before a mod has to step in.

They can take advantage of very badly secured websites and associated databases. What they do isn't an achievement as much as it is a display of how bad and outdated network security is.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2013-01-26 at 06:46 PM.

Guerrilla Warfare wins when you are fighting an foreign occupying force, but fighting your own government isn't the same thing. The Civil War was done in an age of warfare that no longer exists, and it was fighting a power that was across an ocean. The Vietnam war was North Vs South with allies on either side fighting, which included your own armed forces of the time. The people of Vietnam were less a guerilla army fighting a communist army, and more a single part of a much larger force.

If you somehow managed to break free of control your government attempts to force on to you, each state would have to govern itself, and some of them are pretty radical. I don't think it would take long for civil war to break out again.

The current theatre of war with 1st world armed forces involves some powerful and destructive technology that a Guerilla army wouldn't have the resources to use, let alone be able to operate without training. If the American government decided to pull something where the second amendment had to be enforced, there isn't much other governments would do to stop them. It would just be too costly, which is sadly what everything comes down to in the end.

Going totally offtopic here though so I'm going to stop before a mod has to step in.

They can take advantage of very badly secured websites and associated databases. What they do isn't an achievement as much as it is a display of how bad and outdated network security is.
    Hacking a few of those predator drones comes to mind.

Not all network security is that bad...

@Bryntrollian, I doubt you'll find many people without personal experience with the tech who could hack and control drones. I'd be surprised if they're using a conventional interface. Wouldn't be too hard to take them out if you knew they were going to be used though.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is no nukes code lol even if they were you need 2+key (real key ) to launch it

Deleted
    Anyone else find it funny how real internet hackers and shrews out to screw people over use the guise of a hilarious internet joke from 2004?

10+ Year Old Account
    They released a second video the same day, updated in original post.