10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly certain that a community college will teach you the same stuffs as some prestigious ivy league college. It'll cost a lot less but I'm sure an employer would rather have an ivy league grad than a community college grad :\

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    keyword is I'd as in I would. I have no plans to atm though but I'm sure I could find something to my liking.
    How old are you out of curiosity worg? And what do you do for a living if you just got your GED.

Also is a GED a high school graduate thing? Not sure, we don't have that here we just graduate high school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    How fast is it?
    DLing HotS beta at 9MB/s atm, that'd be 72Mb/s effective usage. Speedtest nets me results at around 95Mb/s though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if that's true here, but I sure hope so. It's certainly contrary to what I've been told by my teachers though.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Hai Asmek.

I'm fine. Had a school trip to the V&A museum and the Natural History Museum. Went and had a glance at both (and took pics of stuff for evidence that I did see them) and then just ended up wandering around central London for a few hours with friends. Teachers had no idea, they thought we were in the museums all day. Huehuehue.

How are you today? ;3

chop it off
    I don't think it works like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    What did you put in it corgi?
    Just foods.. which helped some actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    She put a corgi in it.
    No! How dare you suggest such a horrible thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    New guy arrived at work today; sort of hot.
    Supervisor is sick and nobody knows what to do.
    They ask me to explain ze work
    Job is super easy
    I explain it, but make it sound as complicated and tough as I possibly can so I will look cooler and more important
    He's now utterly confused and completely dependent on me.
    Will need to come ask me for help frequently.

Diabolical mastermind level: Hanna
    Wow, good job

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Won't matter if I do, my GPA is so low that I can't get into college anyways, and I don't even know if community colleges will let me in. Either way, my life is going to suck just because I fucked up 6th grade and just gave up.
    Really? What do you plan on majoring in though?

Not a real one, no, GPA is grade point average, and mine is horrible because of how bad I've been in some of my classes.
    Even if I can get into a community college, they'll still see my high school grades and how the hell am I supposed to make a living if I have no skills, am not strong, am not creative, or am not intelligent or even money savvy?
    Deca... idk know who has been filling your brain with this crap but damn your are mixed-up about some things =/

First, if you graduate highschool you can attend a regular Community college, all you have to do to get into one of those is have a high school diploma or a GED. Second, the upside of going to community college is it costs less but you the first two years of college is basically the same no matter what you want to do no matter what you want to graduate in. Everyone has to take English, Science, maths... the basics. You can knock those out in smaller classes (yea biology in a room with 400 people sucks) for less money.

And the best things about community college, nearly every state has a set-up where if you get your two year degree at a community college the state school will accept you. So guess what... even if you screw-up in high school it's not the end of the world, you just have to decide to do what you have available to you to do.

I could go on more about it if you want, one thing I used to do to pay for college when I was in college was help people figure out how to get themselves in and pay for it. Also... for undergrad you REALLY shouldn't sweat where you go to college. Truth is no one gives a crap about undergrad. Anything that matters you have to get a doctorate before you can work in the field anyways. And the secret about gradschool is, they still don't really care where you went. They care that you went, did your best and know what you should know when you come out.

God I love my connection... gives me a boner every time I DL stuff.
    It depends on what content you're downloading.. but otherwise I'd get excessive bonering like that checked out by a doctor.

Deleted
    + 3

Hai

Ahh forgots number!

+1

And I am not upset with you Deca, I am upset with people who let you think those things about college... it's depressing. So many people give-up because they think there is no hope when it's just not the case =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I could go on more about it if you want, one thing I used to do to pay for college when I was in college was help people figure out how to get themselves in and pay for it. Also... for undergrad you REALLY shouldn't sweat where you go to college. Truth is no one gives a crap about undergrad. Anything that matters you have to get a doctorate before you can work in the field anyways. And the secret about gradschool is, they still don't really care where you went. They care that you went, did your best and know what you should know when you come out.
    Yeah this applies to Sweden aswell. Although there's one exception (at least in Sweden), higher ranking jobs will look at what uni/college you went to when you have finished. Then it's up to your skills and personality after that. Grades mean nothing if you can't use them.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    + 1

Moar numbers.

Hai Wood.

Yeah this applies to Sweden aswell. Although there's one exception (at least in Sweden), higher ranking jobs will look at what uni/college you went to when you have finished. Then it's up to your skills and personality after that. Grades mean nothing if you can't use them.
    Well yea, getting good grades always helps. But most jobs here just want you to have the degree because it shows that you can start something that takes awhile and can finish it.

Musea trips, boring...

I went to school through the rain only to be told that there were no lessons today. Oh well, nothing better to do anyway.

Listen to Arlee, Deca.

Deleted

Yeah, listen to, Arlee. (I have no idea of what people are talking about atm)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly certain that a community college will teach you the same stuffs as some prestigious ivy league college. It'll cost a lot less but I'm sure an employer would rather have an ivy league grad than a community college grad :\
    Yeah, I'm aware of this fact, but if someone manages to get into an Ivy League, they're probably better than I am.

Why would I work harder if I know it's hopeless? That doesn't make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm aware of this fact, but if someone manages to get into an Ivy League, they're probably better than I am.

So let's say it's hopeless to get the GPA you want. Let's assume that. Why don't you try focus on something else then?

Except that it isn't hopeless because you can still graduate high school?

Although, one thing did piss me off today: the entire ecology section in the Natural History Museum was locked off for changes. And it was the one section that I needed most for my work (I'm basing my current art project off plants and wood and such). But then again.. there were tons of dinosaurs, so yay. :3