10+ Year Old Account

Anybody remember Omega Boost?

Was recalling my favorite games from the late 90's early 2000's, Final Fantasy 7 obviously, Xenogears/Xenosaga, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc. I got to thinking about space games and remembered a short lived Space Shooter called Omega Boost and how much fun I had with that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?

yup sure do,it was fun, also Einhinder was really cool too.

Still have a copy of it with my PS1 games.

No idea where I got it...

There's this game I saw on Steam that reminded me a little of it recently. It's called Strike Suit Zero. I haven't played it but the trailer was gorgeous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omega Boost was pretty much the PS1's answer to Star Fox 64 with a little bit of early Zone of the Enders mixed in. I think it was actually the guys that did the Gran Turismo games that made it (or at least from what I remember it saying on the case).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Still have a copy of it with my PS1 games.

No idea where I got it...

There's this game I saw on Steam that reminded me a little of it recently. It's called Strike Suit Zero. I haven't played it but the trailer was gorgeous.
    Ya that's the main reason I remembered it, I picked up Strike Suit Zero today from the screenshots it looks a lot like Omega Boost. I'll have to sit down and play past the tutorial later, but so far its a pretty slick space shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Omega Boost was pretty much the PS1's answer to Star Fox 64 with a little bit of early Zone of the Enders mixed in. I think it was actually the guys that did the Gran Turismo games that made it (or at least from what I remember it saying on the case).
    It was Polyphony Digital (an internal game developer of SCEA), so ya the guys who made Gran Turismo.
    Last edited by at05gt; 2013-01-29 at 11:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    But hey, we're just strangers on the Internet with decades of combined IT and computer building experience, what do we know?