Poll: Would you watch E-Sports if they were on TV?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    And here starts the bashing. Please keep your opinion to yourself and stop bashing the thread, showing how immature you are. I'm sure no one cares about what you think of e-sports. The question was if you would watch it or not and not label it what you choose to.

OT: I would probably not want it on TV due to the possibility that it would turn e-sports into one big commercial system. I like the way it is now, but I hope it can still expand. I watch LoL streams all the time.
    You went from 0 to full on defensive real quick =P

It was a tongue-in-cheek reference to the movie Dodgeball.

When we had a channel before with it I'd watch it somewhat often.

Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post

Only on ESPN 8, The Ocho!

Deleted
    Nope, I hate TV. If I would like it however, I would watch DOTA 2, as I'm already doing it on Twitch.tv

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 12:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    No, mainly because it's not a sport, it's just an excuse so fat people can say they are athletes.
    And that doesn't make any sense, and nobody actually does that because well...it doesn't make any sense. Another failure who believes that sport implies physical activity. Sorry sunshine, but it has something to do more with competitivity than anything else. And chess is a sport as well.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-02-02 at 12:15 AM.

Yeah I would watch it. And there should definitely be a channel for it. I mean there are hundreds of useless channels on cable, At least an E-sports would be something interesting.

Deleted
    I'd watch it from time to time if it was sc but i wouldnt watch any other games.

Deleted
    Cool, yes, I'd watch me:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzT679PeOh8

Not that I do that anaymore. And sure, I've done a million better things with a thousand times the magnitude, but it's not on the net.

And yes, esport = sport (fucking literally, yes). It just comes in another form.
    Last edited by mmocad8be81406; 2013-02-02 at 12:47 AM.

I dont find watching other ppl playing competitively in video/computer games entertaining. I find comedic antiques by guys like Jesse Cox, Simon and Lewis, Garry Gannon, Mike B, Mike S. Watching ppl who suck at games play games and put a comedic flair in their presentation is entertaining. Watching someone who isnt funny is not. Why would you watch someone play a game when you can just play it yourself. Its like having someone read you a book, sure your parents did it for you when you were young but that was cuz you couldnt read. And sure some instances where you cant monetarily aquire a game make sense for you to watch someone else play but not to the extent of an esports atleast not for me.

I love games but im not about to watch a SC2 match or a Moba Match our hour + long tournaments. Sure ppl do it but i dont see the entertainment in watching other ppl play a game. I would rather be playing than watch others play. Same thing with streaming. I dont get it for the same reasons.

Another thing about Esports is that its a niche inside a niche which makes it even smaller. I dont think its going to get on TV until a few things happen. Number 1 and most importantly, The integrity of the players. From what i have seen in news sites, There are a crap-ton of cheaters out there. Not to mention bad personalities but u can have a bad personality and still be good for sports, but cheating needs to stop. You cant have things going live on TV and then a week later the tourney produce a false winner.

video games aren't sports. they are GAMES.

is mario bros a sport? is contra a sport? is dungeons and dragons a sport? is pong a sport?

GET A GRIP ON REALITY.

are you nerds THAT DESPERATE to belong to something that your persistently skew the meaning of words, and refuse to accept reality?

This poll is completely going to be biased towards "yes". Ask it on another (non-gaming) board and it will be "no".

This being said: no, I would not.

If there was a daily show with Husky commentating StarcraftII.... yes I'd watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrawler View Post

is mario bros a sport? is contra a sport? is dungeons and dragons a sport? is pong a sport?

GET A GRIP ON REALITY.

are you nerds THAT DESPERATE to belong to something that your persistently skew the meaning of words, and refuse to accept reality?
    Bullshit. Esports is a brain sport just like chess. The only difference is that it's played on a computer. If you want to be a top notch E-sportsman, you have to spend just as much time in front of the computer and train as Messi spends time on the green.

Doesn't change the fact that I wouldn't watch it since it doesn't interest me. I can still be fair enough to admit that its a lot of work and dedication to be a professional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post

Sarcasm is hard to detect on the internet. :/

I know ESPN 8 doesn't exist, but I thought you meant that it is so bad it deserves that spot. It's like saying Teen Mom deserves to be on MTV 7 (even though it does).

10+ Year Old Account
    i would if i could install add block on my tv xD

Deleted

GET A GRIP ON REALITY.

Blanket statements. You forgot to mention the "reality" you are talking about. Oh, and those aren't games of competitivity, and even if they were they are too easy for such a thing.

Hell, they were even called "e-sports" and not "sports" so that troglodytes might see the difference.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-02-02 at 12:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Bullshit. Esports is a brain sport just like chess. The only difference is that it's played on a computer. If you want to be a top notch E-sportsman, you have to spend just as much time in front of the computer and train as Messi spends time on the green.

Doesn't change the fact that I wouldn't watch it since it doesn't interest me. I can still be fair enough to admit that its a lot of work and dedication to be a professional.

Don't respond to him. He is an obvious troll and only has 8 posts. It's clear he made an account to basically troll people on MMO-C. He is calling people nerds... on MMO-C. It's like calling someone a muscle-head on a protein supplement site.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the game, ive not heard of any that interest me but i can imagine if a game like chivalry was an esport that could be good to watch. I never watch tv anyway though so i doubt it.

Edit id also watch fighting games, they are actually quite interesting sometimes, ive watch tournaments on twitch for games ive never even played and got to understand the different abilities and strats.

But as i said before it really depends on if the game is interesting to watch, most games are made to be fun to play, not to watch.
    Last edited by hiragana; 2013-02-02 at 12:38 AM.

Deleted

GET A GRIP ON REALITY.

Do you know what "competitive" means? Do you know what "sports" means?

Your ingame shittiness doesn't necessarily reflect of/on your personality.

Another fun thing: I'm most probably bigger, badder and more intelligent than you'll ever be. Just food for thought.

Don't respond to him. He is an obvious troll and only has 8 posts. It's clear he made an account to basically troll people on MMO-C. He is calling people nerds... on MMO-C. It's like calling someone a muscle-head on a protein supplement site.
    I guessed as much, still... Some people get on my nerves just too easily.

Deleted
    Hah! You need to start believing in stupidity. The world "troll" is used way too often for the number of cases it can actually be applied to.