Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    You'd be right if you were't so wrong.

I'm from NJ so you can't bullshit me.

Chris Christie's approval ratings have been outrageously high for his ENTIRE tenure.

The lowest they've ever been was 44% (same as Obama's lowest) while they've averaged well over 50% and currently sit above 70%.

Don't even try to tell me his policies haven't worked (They have... they very much have.). NJ has added 75,000 jobs since Christie took office... and not only has he stopped the outrageous growth of NJ citizens' tax burdens but he's managed to increase state tax receipts as well as bring us back from the same pit California is staring down.

Fucking educate yourself before you talk shit about a politician you clearly know nothing about.
    If people like you were right about EVERY situation. Then when Mitt would be President. It's like the entire time he ran was on false data only he saw. He kept telling people that "we're going to win this" campaigning at every rally with a smile on his face even though he obviously and overwhelmly did not win. My point is no matter what information says some people..won't actually believe it.

You being from NJ is nice but not exactly related. Actually it just shows you have a bised point of view of favorable on him. Which is great but this is on a national stage. Romeny was Gov and he stumbled on that stage.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/N...te-4229132.php

That's a link showing him refusing raise the wages for average workers. He also VETOed a bill on same sex partners getting married. There right there you need working class and all Americans to be elected. Don't be upset with me and lose your temper because you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    State governments investigating state officials usually carry little weight until a federal investigation is done. Y'know with the whole conflict of interest.
    ok then, name her successes. i really dont know why you're carrying water for her, she has a pretty bad track record
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    That reminded me of American Dad when you said that. I'm saying his heart is not in the best health. When I say best health. I mean very very poor health. I'll put up a picture and let people draw their own thoughts. Here is a picture of him standing next to Obama. You don't have to be pumping iron to be President. But you have to have some degree of health.

How do you know what condition his heart is in? Have you seen his medical records?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

You all realize talking to Fused is like talking to a brick wall, right?

Unfortunately for the Republican party, the Far Right interest groups are already pushing to make sure people like Christie don't have a chance in hell of getting a nomination.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Again. I'm not saying you have to be in the best shape in the world. You can be even be overweight but I'm pretty sure the level he is at. You have to be somewhat healthy to wake up super early to meet people and give speeches. Don't people get all sensitiveness on me because I'm sharing my point of view. There's a little overweight and then there's this. Even a medical doctor to Bill has said she's concerned over his weight.

Mariano, who served nine years as a doctor in the White House medical unit said Christie's obesity would certainly become an issue should he run for the presidency in 2016. She warned a future President Christie could suffer from potentially deadly complications from diabetes, sleep apnea, and heart disease.

"It's almost a like a time bomb waiting to happen unless he addresses those issues before running for office," Mariano said.

http://www.news4jax.com/politics/pre...9/-/index.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Bill Clition
    Best freudian slip ever.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    A little, and I'm an atheist. I just don't care what his personal beliefs are as long as it doesn't affect his job. He has a solid voting record and is often the lone voice in the senate against militarism and infringements on civil liberties.
    I can see no way that being sufficiently capable of denying reality as to not know how old the Earth is wouldn't effect someone's job performance as President. Choosing someone that is incapable of absorbing facts that don't jibe with their current beliefs is an awful idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    To me, he's such a rare breed. Elected by the people, to do the job for the people. And never losing his personality as one of the people.
    His personality comes across, as if he's a co worker of you. If no one ever told you, he's the Governor of New Jersey, and for many wished to run for President, who would know? He's - to me - a refreshing example of how politicians should be, yet most of them forgot their purpose.
    People who radiates statesmanship and intellectualism should be the future of the USA. Not people who "come across as if he's a co-worker of you".

How can anyone identify a "folksy" guy you'd "like to have a beer with" as a model for public office after 8 years of Bush? Is your memory so short?

Common sense, inclusive people able to convey a vision should be the future of the USA. In other words: more Barack Obamas - less "but this 250 year old document says I should be allowed to bear arms so that's that!" kind of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I personally hope Rand Paul runs for President in 2016.
    so that he can usher in totalitarianism faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I had an argument with a friend about this the other day. She's agnostic, same as me, and was of the opinion that I was being intolerant because I don't want Creationism to be taught alongside Evolution in a Biology class. My stance was that I don't want Creationism to be validated as a legitimate theory in a science class. If you want to teach it in a religion or philosophy class, fine, but anything so easily disprovable has no place in a science class.

She even had the gall to say that my "intolerance" was "very unattractive" as if that had anything to do with the question at hand, or our friendship.
    I'm going to be blunt - your friend is completely vacuous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being overweight isnt an immegiate death sentence. For christs sake my parents have been overwirhgt the last 20 years and they're still kicking, but they do get monitered by their doctor and are dieting now.

Having a stroke once is bad enough, but it also means you could easily have a stroke again and again. We already went through that with Wilson when he had a massive stroke that pretty much incapactitated him, if i remember correctly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    ok then, name her successes. i really dont know why you're carrying water for her, she has a pretty bad track record
    -Palin had a 89% and 93% approval rating
    -Cut state spending between 2007 and 2010 by 9.5%.
    -Reduced federal earmark requests by more than 80%
    -Invested $5 billion in state savings, overhauled education funding, and implemented the Senior Benefits Program to provide support for low-income older Alaskans.
    -Left Alaska with an improved credit rating during and following her tenure as Governor
    -Rejected a gubernatorial pay raise.
    -Alaska was 2nd in job growth compared to all other states during her tenure as governor.
    -Alaska was 3rd in the nation in terms of change in the unemployment rate relative to the national average.
    -In her first year in office, Alaska was 6th in the country in unemployment improvement.

Just to name a few. And I'm not carrying water for her, I just don't like when people blindly say "lawl palin is dumb!" ... She was never and will never be my choice for any major government office. But, I'm not arrogant and I can point out when someone did a good job. Besides she probably takes more crap from her side of isle than the other.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2013-02-05 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Best freudian slip ever.
    My point is. I didn't get this out of no where. A doctor has came out and said in detail she's worried about his weight. This is not just my point of view. But an actual DOCTOR to a former President is coming out saying his health is like a time bomb. I don't claim to be the sharpest person in the world. Logically I'd see that as a red flag. And no I won't change my point of view just because it pisses some people off.

What's the point in having a point of view if your exactly like the person next to you. The thing about it being unique is that you do not jump on the bandwagon. If that upsets some people so be it. But you're online chatting. You don't need to cuss or hurl insults like knifes. They do not exactly help your case at all. it just shows you losing your temper. Again one more time from the article.

From there if people still refuse to see. Then you continue slamming your head in this thread without me with counter your factually incorrect statements.

Mariano, who served nine years as a doctor in the White House medical unit said Christie's obesity would certainly become an issue should he run for the presidency in 2016. She warned a future President Christie could suffer from potentially deadly complications from diabetes, sleep apnea, and heart disease.

"It's almost a like a time bomb waiting to happen unless he addresses those issues before running for office," Mariano said.

During the 1990's, Mariano helped then-President Bill Clinton in his own struggles with losing weight. She recalled how Saturday Night Live once lampooned Mr. Clinton as an insatiable junk food addict, pounding Big Macs from McDonalds.

After Clinton stumbled on some steps and tore a quadriceps tendon, Mariano said she worked with the White House chef and a personal trainer to help the president lose nearly 30 pounds.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ing-in-office/

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    A little, and I'm an atheist. I just don't care what his personal beliefs are as long as it doesn't affect his job.
    How do you know they won't?

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I personally hope Rand Paul runs for President in 2016.
    That would be awesome, simply because it would be another Republican candidate that would lose to a Democrat. The man is a train wreck and a cretin. I would love to see the slime ball lose on the national stage.

As for Christie, I do like how he's stood up for his State and has openly confronted Congress, but there is plenty of stuff I disagree with him on, but at least hes a slight step up from the rest of his party.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    i suppose, if you consider resigning because of ethics violations in her first term "successful". on second thought, maybe we really do joke her because of her incompetence and general unfitness for office
    Or the fact she turned her back on Alaska and resigned her term so she could promote her speaking tour.

My point is. I didn't get this out of no where. A doctor has came out and said in detail she's worried about his weight. This is not just my point of view. But an actual DOCTOR to a former President is coming out saying his health is like a time bomb. I don't claim to be the sharpest person in the world. Logically I'd see that as a red flag. And no I won't change my point of view just because it pisses some people off.

What's the point in having a point of view if your exactly like the person next to you. The thing about it being unique is that you do not jump on the bandwagon. If that upsets some people so be it. But you're online chatting. You don't need to cuss or hurl insults like knifes. They do not exactly help your case at all. it just shows you losing your temper. Again one more time from the article.

From there if people still refuse to see. Then you continue slamming your head in this thread without me with counter your factually incorrect statements.

During the 1990's, Mariano helped then-President Bill Clinton in his own struggles with losing weight. She recalled how Saturday Night Live once lampooned Mr. Clinton as an insatiable junk food addict, pounding Big Macs from McDonalds.

After Clinton stumbled on some steps and tore a quadriceps tendon, Mariano said she worked with the White House chef and a personal trainer to help the president lose nearly 30 pounds.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ing-in-office/
    uh, yeah. care to discuss hilary's health now, or would that too closely resemble intellectual honesty?
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

uh, yeah. care to discuss hilary's health now, or would that too closely resemble intellectual honesty?
    What would you like to discuss about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    How do you know they won't?
    All politicians allow their beliefs, and those of their constituents, effect their policy. Public Policy is influenced by Public Opinion, and we all know what effects Public Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    -Cut state spending between 2007 and 2010 by 9.5%.
    -Reduced federal earmark requests by more than 80%
    -Invested $5 billion in state savings, overhauled education funding, and implemented the Senior Benefits Program to provide support for low-income older Alaskans.
    -Left Alaska with an improved credit rating during and following her tenure as Governor
    -Rejected a gubernatorial pay raise.
    -Alaska was 2nd in job growth compared to all other states during her tenure as governor.
    -Alaska was 3rd in the nation in terms of change in the unemployment rate relative to the national average.
    -In her first year in office, Alaska was 6th in the country in unemployment improvement.

Just to name a few. And I'm not carrying water for her, I just don't like when people blindly say "lawl palin is dumb!" ... She was never and will never be my choice for any major government office. But, I'm not arrogant enough to point out when someone did a good job.
    I won't deny Palin and her team seem to have done well in Alaska, but the woman is fucking dumb.

As proof, I offer her incoherent declaration that "The department of Law in the White House would defend her against baseless ethics allegations" were she president. Yes, it's The Young Turks, yes, they lean left. But they include the full clip, and she honestly says just that.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.