Page 48 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Actually the damage from one tic of MS and the initial damage from SWP are pretty much the same, and spamming SWP makes DI proc faster. I am not sure MS would end up being higher then spam SWP, if you picked DI but if you have ToF MS would be ahead. But seeing the buff to MB, i think DI will be a clear winner in single target situations.
    Also MS is not op atm, it is in holy spec, it is good in SP but not op.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    Well if you're concerned about instant casting, a 20% MB buff would technically also be a 20% DI buff.
    Which is exceedingly usefull since random procs naturally allways concentrate in those times when you need them. Fire mages don't have scorch for the same reason, they just use their instant pyro procs they always get when moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Which is exceedingly usefull since random procs naturally allways concentrate in those times when you need them. Fire mages don't have scorch for the same reason, they just use their instant pyro procs they always get when moving.
    Well, since the instant damage from SW:P can proc DI, the procs DO concentrate when you need them.

Deleted
    You nerfed Shadow's core abilities without having a concept? Great, exactly what I expected from you.
    Sorry you think Shadow is fine in PvP. We disagree and we are not alone. (Ghostcrawler)

^Haha I flamed GC on twitter and he responded.
    MADE MY DAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    I honestly can't think of a boss other than maybe blade lord(running to hin p2) where you don't have the ability to stop and get a quick cast off. That's just a good vs bad player scenario.
    it's basic physics dude. if you're standing, you're not moving around. it's as simple as that. everybody knows that you can hold procs and spam sw: p but people, including me, would love to be competitive while doing so. nothing about good vs. bad discussion here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenobaal View Post
    You nerfed Shadow's core abilities without having a concept? Great, exactly what I expected from you.
    Sorry you think Shadow is fine in PvP. We disagree and we are not alone. (Ghostcrawler)

^Haha I flamed GC on twitter and he responded.
    MADE MY DAY.
    Sad thing is nerfing DP and the Glyph would have been enough. Really sad thing is they reverted DP and completely broke the class with Dispersion and Phantasm.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 09:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    it's basic physics dude. if you're standing, you're not moving around. it's as simple as that. everybody knows that you can hold procs and spam sw: p but people, including me, would love to be competitive while doing so. nothing about good vs. bad discussion here.
    You're both right. MB requires you to stand still. However, it IS the most mobile spell we have, especially with Divine Insight factored in. There was simply nothing else they could do, save making Mind Spike instant cast.

Also, considering Blizz's (in)competence, I would be surprised if they made any further changes to enhance our "mobility."

Also, considering Blizz's (in)competence, I would be surprised if they made any further changes to enhance our "mobility."
    By buffing mind sear

yea that will go over well with the PvP crowd where everything is constant CC.

we have mindspike. isnt better make it cast on move but reduce base damage for 40% remove dot extinguishing and up fdcl to 150%?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleaa View Post
    we have mindspike. isnt better make it cast on move but reduce base damage for 40% remove dot extinguishing and up fdcl to 150%?
    Yes. I proposed something like on Twitter. But Ghostcrawler is too ignorant. I'll find the tweet. It wouldn't need to be anything near 40%, Mind Spike is one of our weakest spells; 15% may cover it nicely.

https://twitter.com/Venaliter/status/298558878898069504
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2013-02-11 at 03:17 PM.

Give Shadow Priests Kil'jaeden's Cunning. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    It wouldn't need to be anything near 40%, Mind Spike is one of our weakest spells; 15% may cover it nicely.
    if mindspike damage > mindflay damage then they never do it cuz mindspike become rotation spell.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=2948

if mindspike damage > mindflay damage then they never do it cuz mindspike become rotation spell.

Obviously. But Mind Spike's DpET is only marginally ahead of Mind Flay. It wouldn't take much to lower it underneath; but the glyph may be a problem in PvE.

That's why you nerf it so mind flay is better to cast while standing still.

It's not hard logic. (It's not a huge dps increase over mind flay anyway if it didn't remove dots)

Mind spike was implemented because we needed something to use on quick dying add's and to be used when locked out of shadow school.

If an add dies fast enough then you probably didn't have to mind spike and if they don't it's mana efficient and more damage to just put your DoT's up like they want us too (multi dot).

Using it when locked out of shadow has never been useful. It would remove the dots you already have on the target which is a no no or you are a sitting duck, you are better off kiting for 5 seconds casting heals.

By now everyone see's GC bullshit with his band-aid fixes (lol 20% buff to mind blast really?) and contradictions.

Are we broken? No

Does that make it right for GC to ignore issues? No

Deleted
    What we saw past weeks was mechanic changes to classes in 5.2. Now GC is adding the pinch of salt and pepper (tweaking the numbers). At best, if they do touch mechanics of shadow, it will be a last minute bandaid, but he'd certainly lose his face there given he kept mentioning shadow is fine, nothing wrong with it, etc. It is therefore unlikely we'll see large changes in the upcoming weeks. Upcoming 2-3 weeks since Bashiok just mentioned Blizzard is targeting the last week of february for 5.2:

Quote Originally Posted by Cedrich View Post
    Didn't MB's CD scale downwards with haste in the MoP Beta? Anyone remember the reason given for that being removed? Only skim read the last few pages and it's not really a topic of interest for me, but it seems like it might be relevant information to the current discussion.
    Only in the beginning and they never said a single word about removing it or why, it was just gone one day

Quote Originally Posted by Crudelitas View Post
    It's just basic thinking, dude. Like I said in my post, there are basically zero fights in the game where you need to non stop move. Meaning that you have the ability to stop and cast. So if you actually understand how to play, you can weave mb into spaming sw and reapplying vt. So in theory, yes it does increase mobility dps + DI. No it does not give us an ability to move while casting. If you actually read my post, I state that constant movement isn't generally needed.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Why not give Levitate the ability to cast spells while moving when cast on yourself? It won't be too OP for PvP seeing as any damage received cancels Levitate. It would be somehwat balnced out in PvE since some fights have constant AoE damage going out, and having to use GCDs on Levitate can be annoying. Howver, being able to use it kind of like a movement DPS ability(Spiritwalker's Grace) cooldown. It would at least be an interesting idea to throw around. The only real effect I see it having is making it easier for a Shadow Priest to kill AFK opposiing faction targets hovering somehwere in mid air.

Deleted
    Of course we don’t tend to give out patch release dates ahead of time, because things can slip, but right now we’re targeting the last week of February.

2 weeks and 5.2 is out, sounds like another crappy tier on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayanamii View Post
    Why not give Levitate the ability to cast spells while moving when cast on yourself? It won't be too OP for PvP seeing as any damage received cancels Levitate.
    Because that wouldn't work for PvP, and PvP is where it's needed most. PvE it's not really needed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It's just basic thinking, dude. Like I said in my post, there are basically zero fights in the game where you need to non stop move. Meaning that you have the ability to stop and cast. So if you actually understand how to play, you can weave mb into spaming sw and reapplying vt. So in theory, yes it does increase mobility dps + DI. No it does not give us an ability to move while casting. If you actually read my post, I state that constant movement isn't generally needed.
    i'm not talking about fight mechanics. as i said i know it helps movement dps if you get lucky with procs or keep them beforehand. but instead, i'm talking about a reliable movement dps tool that we can use. (or spam, however you'd like to name it)