Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You are brainwashed too it seems, still I don't start the question why I don't shoot you.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Who's to say they're innocent? They're all brainwashed.
    You're from the states right? Then guess what? So are you. And believe me, your country has killed far more people than North Korea. By your logic, your country is the greatest threat and we should eliminate you.
    "Why are you wearing that stupid Man suit?"

Says you. Turns out that isn't enough to justify and get the green light for a first strike mass murdering attack.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 02:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    The US kills a lot more people than NK, maybe we should bomb them.
    We will give up Texas, other countries can go to town on it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I dunno, how about all the innocent civilians living there who don't deserve to die?
    Yah because they are not dying of hunger already...

I can think of a few countries where the people are far more brainwashed, one country in particular.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

There need to be some evil country for all others to hate, always, if there wasnt north korea there would be something else. Its how the world works.

Quote Originally Posted by the1seth View Post
    Yah because they are not dying of hunger already...
    even if they are dying of hunger, that does not justify bombing the living daylights out of them..

Deleted
    Haven't we had like one of these threads a day lately?

To recap,
    No, it's not really because of fear of WW3. China would not protect NK using weapons. They have very little to win, and allot to lose. We would have a diplomatic crisis however, and the world economy would take a huge hit.
    The main reason however, if we attack NK, they blow Seoul to smitherens using their artillery. Hundreds of thousands of people would die.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post

We will give up Texas, other countries can go to town on it.
    What a dumb choice. Texas at least has shit along the gulf. Get rid of Nebraska or some shithole like that.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

The number one reason is China would not allow it and may step in if we decided to take NK out without a damn good reason like they just attacked south Korea and i mean like a major attack or they are trying or have sold a nuke to terrorist. China does not want a large American presence literally across a river from their territory. China views NK as a nice littler buffer between them and a American Allie. Another reason is if we invaded or bombed NK they would use their nukes on SK,Japan and even in their own city's once our troops advanced in. To the upper leadership of NK they would know if they surrendered the same fate of Saddam and the Nazis would befall them with trails and then a hanging for their crimes against their own people. So to them they would at this point have zero to lose as they are dead men anyway.

Also while NK's army is stuck in the mid to early 80's for the most part if not further back they still would be able to inflict a good amount of deaths on US forces. The commanding officer of US troops in SK five or ten years back said NK had the ability to wipe out the US forces stationed there in a matter of hours with their artillery. Whether this is true or not it does mean that they would at least be capable of inflicting upwards of 10k casualty's on US troops stationed along the DMZ. Not to mention the deaths from the bombardment Seoul would take could be massive. You would be looking at upwards of hundreds of thousands of allied deaths (most prob caused by one of their nukes and bombardment of Seoul) and possibly millions of NK deaths.

Not worth the loss of lives on either side at this stage of the game all we can do is wait for either NK to collapse in on itself or to do something so bad we have no choice but to accept the loss of life on both sides.
    Last edited by Rumred; 2013-02-18 at 09:49 AM.

I live in America and I hate this place.

Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post
    Haven't we had like one of these threads a day lately?

To recap,
    No, it's not really because of fear of WW3. China would not protect NK using weapons. They have very little to win, and allot to lose. We would have a diplomatic crisis however, and the world economy would take a huge hit.
    The main reason however, if we attack NK, they blow Seoul to smitherens using their artillery. Hundreds of thousands of people would die.
    You're right & wrong.

World War 3 would occur if the United States intervened in North Korea with military might. Chinas top brass are very anti-american. They've been at an economic war with the U.S. for years and are starting to win, and the might of China is no longer negligible. We're now at a stage (and have been for some time) in our planets history where we're all 20 minutes from killing each other, so no-one wants to go taking jabs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    I live in America and I hate this place.
    How primitive.
    "Why are you wearing that stupid Man suit?"

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Because China would side with them. It would mean World War 3. It ain't worth it, not by a long shot.
    Not entirely true. China has had a tenuous relationship with N.K as of late and assuming N.K is the one who initiates something horrendously stupid I'm not entirely certain China is anywhere near as lock step with N.K as some people seem to think. Of course if it's western agression they're far more likely to side with them.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    What a dumb choice. Texas at least has shit along the gulf. Get rid of Nebraska or some shithole like that.
    I heard Washington has a pest problem. You could get rid of them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    The US kills a lot more people than NK, maybe we should bomb them.
    Just you go ahead and try...

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Not entirely true. China has had a tenuous relationship with N.K as of late and assuming N.K is the one who initiates something horrendously stupid I'm not entirely certain China is anywhere near as lock step with N.K as some people seem to think. Of course if it's western agression they're far more likely to side with them.
    If North Korea attacks first, no, China wouldn't risk getting involved because there is little reason for them to. North Korea would lose, and China would be in a bad position as the U.S. would start to populate what was, North Korea.

That said, China would retaliate if North Korea was attacked. It is very similar to the school yard fights. If your friend goes to attack someone, you don't want to get in trouble for causing a fight, so you sit back, but if your friend gets attacked, you'll kick the shit out of the other guy and scream about self-defence. That is essentially, how China would play it out.

Hey guys why don't we just kill a shitload of civilians in a country we are not formally at war with

Quote Originally Posted by the1seth View Post
    Just you go ahead and try...
    Geez. That wasn't a threat? What is with some people on these forums!?

Statement: "I'm going to bomb North Korea!" Response: "'MERICURRAA! Hell yeah son!"

Statement: "I'm going to bomb America" Response: "Just try it you inbred shit, I'll cut your god damn face off and feed it to my dog!"

Quote Originally Posted by Master Jakken View Post
    You're from the states right? Then guess what? So are you. And believe me, your country has killed far more people than North Korea. By your logic, your country is the greatest threat and we should eliminate you.
    Not sure where you people get the people from America are brainwashed. If the government or some force is attempting to brainwash Americans to be loyal and love the government and nation no matter what then they are doing a shitty job of it. About half the people are pissed because they think something the government is doing is too far left or right, while the other half doesn't think it goes far enough.