Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    On the other hand you have another life, who may just be in need of food and shelter. If you shot to injure, you could get him a nice longish hospital stay to get free meals, get treated to his wounds, and have shelter for awhile.
    Wait what?
    He got shot, think anyone who gets shot deserves some shelter and food even if they tried to steal your xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Joathen View Post
    You shoot to kill; the trick is to confirm your target and then shoot to kill.
    Do i smell "blade runner"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    But what if it's a stripper clip for their Mauser?

Granted, that'd be a terrible weapon for home defense...
    Yeah, anything that really does require a clip is overkill. As cool as you would look, defending your home using a Lee Enfield is bad for your neighbour too.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    People that say such things should never own a firearm.
    You are honestly trying to tell me its not a magazine and that its a clip? Honestly confused on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    12 gauge shotgun makes the most distinct sound when you cock it. Sometimes that's enough to make them surrender.

That being said, shoot to kill. They're in MY home, stealing MY stuff. At this point they've made their decision to break the law instead of going to Salvation Army Soup Kitchen.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    You are honestly trying to tell me its not a magazine and that its a clip? Honestly confused on this one.
    Who should I believe either you or Rich who actually uses weapons since hes serves in the military hmm..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    I think you are confused, I know the difference between a magazine and a clip.

I think you believe i was disagreeing with you, I was not.

Deleted
    Neither because i'm from Europe and we don't have fucked up gun control laws

Probability is that an intruder here won't have a gun either, if he really breaks in through the 2 security doors and is wielding a knife his chances are pretty bad, since i have extensive knife fighting and krav maga training, also i know the terrain much better than he does ect. On the other hand i haven't wasted too many minutes worrying about an intruder in my home since criminality where i live is on an absolute minimum and it's hard to even buy a weapon here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Who should I believe either you or Rich who actually uses weapons since hes serves in the military hmm..
    good job jumping to the assumption that either

A) Im not currently in the military

or

B) That I havent been in the military before in the past.

Ta da.

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 05:40 PM ----------

I think you are confused, I know the difference between a magazine and a clip.

I think you believe i was disagreeing with you, I was not.
    Yeah. Your statement was somewhat ambiguous and I didn't know if you were saying I shouldn't own a gun since i made the "you call them clips you are uneducated" comment or if you were saying that people emptying a "clip" into someone shouldn't. Thanks for the clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are unbelievably naive if you think you can hit a moving target in the hand or knee with a pistol. Very skilled marksman could do that reliably, but anyone with that degree of proficiency would know that shooting to maim is a terrible idea.
    I'm pretty sure I started my post saying "if I had the skill necessary". Also, I believe the point of the thread is about the decision, it is not about "how skillful MMO-Champ members are with guns", so no, I'm not naive. I'm aware that I'm not a professional shooter, I just don't know why my aiming matters to the discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b4dcrc View Post

Probability is that an intruder here won't have a gun either, if he really breaks in through the 2 security doors and is wielding a knife his chances are pretty bad, since i have extensive knife fighting and krav maga training, also i know the terrain much better than he does ect. On the other hand i haven't wasted too many minutes worrying about an intruder in my home since criminality where i live is on an absolute minimum and it's hard to even buy a weapon here.
    Then you know what a bad idea it is to tackle ANYBODY with a knife. The first thing we were taught when someone pulls a knife on you, is get the fuck away from him (unless you have something better than a knife).

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you know what a bad idea it is to tackle ANYBODY with a knife. The first thing we were taught when someone pulls a knife on you, is get the fuck away from him (unless you have something better than a knife).
    Just give up. People in this thread are so insane about wanting to murder someone over a TV that isn't not worth trying to prove your point.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why everyone should own a billhook. Not only can you hold a knife-wielding criminal at bay with your superior reach, but you'll also be prepared in the event that you are robbed by armored cavalry!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b4dcrc View Post

Don't posts like this make you Americans wish you could live like us Europeans; without fear of every burglar having a gun on him?

In Europe we don't need to worry about guns because barely anyone has one and they are extremely hard to get, we needn't be as paranoid as a lot of the US posters on here come across.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    This is why everyone should own a billhook. Not only can you hold a knife-wielding criminal at bay with your superior reach, but you'll also be prepared in the event that you are robbed by armored cavalry!
    A blunderbuss is superior to any billhook and has the added bonus of being useful for getting rid of old rusty nuts, bolts and screws.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    that chance of dieing from a bullet in the torso is werry low, actually. you have to be lucky and hit a vital organ if you want to kill him. Outside of hitting his heart, we will most likely survive if he gets meddical aid within the first few hours.
    Incorrect. Hitting a target in the upper torso (above the diaphragm) will decompress the upper torso and cause suffocation as your lungs deflate. When you try to breath in your chest cavity expands but will just pull air in the puncture wound. The target will suffocate in minutes. You can fix this with some duct tape and a ball point pen if you want to save him after you shot him there, however if you intend to wound the lower torso or upper legs are a much better option for incapacitating a target. Or more realistically just go buy an alternative means of home defense.

Shoot to Kill.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Call the police first......
    Shout and warning shot
    if he doesn't gtfo shoot to kill.
    Lol... warning shot.

Then you just have a hole in your wall that you've gotta patch up.

Primary responsibility in this scenario is defense. Hospital meals and meeting the armed trespasser's future needs are ancillary.

So, I would choose eliminate the threat via the method giving me the highest probability of succeeding. That means two shots to central body mass, if necessary (if s/he posed either an immediate threat, or would be able to pose an immediate threat if I did not intervene).

If the threat was only to property, I'd tell him to leave while holding point on him. I would not shoot unless he aggressed or escalated. If he verbally threatened my family during this process, I might shoot to injure - depending on how likely I feel I would get in trouble for it. I don't put up with that shit, but I don't want to serve time over some shithead.

If the threat was to people or myself, like I said, two shots, central body mass, then reassess and disarm. With my MP40, that's essentially committing the man's life into the hands of God and EMTs, but I can live with whatever the outcome of it.
    Last edited by Stede; 2013-02-28 at 09:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can try not to shoot to kill but to injure but in case you are in big treat and can't do anything about it... Try to get 300 points with a headshot

BTW if you can try to first make the warning shot, but only TRY... and always remenber the 300 points headshot :P

---------- Post added 2013-02-28 at 03:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Lol... warning shot.

Then you just have a hole in your wall that you've gotta patch up.
    Well you should try to do the warning shot everytime you can, also... you're comparing a life to a hole in your wall?! o.O
    That's a little cruel