Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dude, you created like 5 threads about 4th spec, chill out, but seriously i dont think it will happen, will create to much chaos in a game that is already hard to balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Reason #-1 why there will be another class: 1 more class using MAIL / RANGED weapon to complete 12
    Its called a hunter. A mail ranged weapon class is the worst thing they could add. There is already a whole class that uses this gear. Mail int ranged would be fine. Another mail int healer with mail int dps divided between 3 specs. That would make it balanced. Thee isnt a Warcraft class that fits that description though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    i'll reply to this part alone, EVERY expansion has added new races and classes

BC: dreani/blood elves. each faction now had shaman/pala
    Wrath: DK, no race but the class itself was a race of its own.
    Cata: goblin/worgen.

in addition each expansion brought new professions
    what makes MOP so special that they cant create a new class/race for upcoming content???
    Couple of reasons, and this just applies to the race side of things. The class side should be fairly obvious;

1. Pandaren were a neutral race. This softened their racial identity since they were neither a horde race or an alliance race. It may seem silly on the surface, but think about it; Pandaren don't really have a faction leader in either the alliance or the horde, they're just kind of there. Ji and Aysa are like level 10 NPCs that just act as Monk trainers after you leave the isle. There's no Pandaren faction head who Pandaren players can rally around. It also doesn't help that Pandaren also don't really have a home. They can't return to the Wandering Isle, and they're not really from Pandaria either. So they're like these refugees that lack a foundation in either faction.

2. Some players view them as a joke race. I would really like to see Blizzard push their lore more. And no, not the lore from Pandaria, but lore for the Pandarens that the player actually uses. We need more lore for the player Pandaren before we actually add another race to the game. If player Pandaren get no lore for the rest of this expansion, and a new race is introduced, the people who considered Pandaren a joke race may have had a point.

I think that adding additional specs into the game is a waste of resources. Why, you may well ask.

It is my opinion that Blizzard would be better off creating a more unique playstyle for the specs and classes we've got now. A 4th spec would only increase the homogenicness of the specs instead of filling up gaps or increasing the complexity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinz View Post
    Dude, you created like 5 threads about 4th spec, chill out, but seriously i dont think it will happen, will create to much chaos in a game that is already hard to balance.
    Two actually. This would be #3, and it has little in common with the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    i'll reply to this part alone, EVERY expansion has added new races and classes

BC: dreani/blood elves. each faction now had shaman/pala
    Wrath: DK, no race but the class itself was a race of its own.
    Cata: goblin/worgen.

in addition each expansion brought new professions
    what makes MOP so special that they cant create a new class/race for upcoming content???
    New races are unlikely because it will take them up to the next expansion remodeling all the old races and they wont have time. A class could be done and there isnt a good reason they wouldnt besides more balance headaches but that would happen with 4th specs too. I would prefer 4th specs though because it gives me hope for a pet free hunter and I wouldnt have to level a new character from scratch.

They could neutralize a race like Blood Elves/High Elves but they would still have to make a new horde race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I dont want to see all the pure classes go and there isnt a whole lot of reasonable situations where they would. Mage is really the only class that could be a healer and pet tanking in raids or dungeons is just a bad idea. Keep the pures pure it makes them different.
    I'd advocate for Hunter healing over Hunter tanking. "Rangers" are rescuers after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Disclaimer:

In November, we're going to find out what the next expansion will be based on.
    Have they said anywhere the expansion is going to be announced in November? I don't remember any kind of announcement.
    Last edited by Softbottom; 2013-03-02 at 08:25 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    LOL as USUAL everyone forgets the mooting point and gets into the details, lets step back and look at this.....
    I'm not against extra talent trees OR glyphs changing up gameplay, but in NO WAY does ANY of this add extra content.
    Yup, they said extra content (lets not debate if it's old or new content, I know you guys will want to try to sidetrack what I am saying for the details....you always do....and what I am saying gets lost so try to really focus on what i am saying instead of the details)
    No extra content ergo nup.

I'll repeat it for you, since it often helps ppl.

No extra content = no dood, this ain't it. sorry
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

If the OP can tell me how a ranged spell caster can tank, I'm all ears

Shammy - like druid probably shapeshift into a tank.
    Warlock - summon a tank.
    Mage - How ?
    Priest - How ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Have they said anywhere the expansion is going to be announced in November? I don't remember any kind of announcement.
    It is an assumption. We're in the second tier of MoP, and 5.4 will contain the final tier (at least from what they've said in the last few days, it seems that's the plan). Blizzcon is in November, so it's almost guaranteed they'll announce the next expansion at this year's Blizzcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    People only suggest it because they want Shaman tanking and Warlock tanking.
    Rogue Tank
    Shaman Tank
    Priest Light Magick DPS spec
    Hunter Pure Ranged (no pet,) or pure pet Tanking.
    Warlock Tank (Demo branch-off)
    Mage Tank (Frost branch-off)
    DK Healing (Blood branch-off)
    Monk Caster DPS
    Warrior Field Medic
    Paladin Caster DPS

There. 4 specs for everyone.
    My Main is Melithiria (90 Lock)

The Left-Hand Path is the brightest path I have ever walked upon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    They didn't announce MoP until Blizzcon 2011 either. However considering the release dates and announcement dates of the previous expansions, it would be very strange is there was no expansion announcement at Blizzcon this year, since the next expansion is more than likely to hit at the end of 2014.

I will love to see a 4th spec for actual races, but as someone say, I will doubt that Blizzard will have the time to correctly implement 11 new specs, at least not for the next expansion (wich I assume is going to be released at the second half of the next year) I mean, that sounds good, but technically it is something very hard to do.

I mean, the 4th spec of the druid was not very problematic because it already existed in someway. Maybe they will add a 4th spec to 1 or 2 of the pure-dps classes but not for all the existing classes.

Oh and I totally disagree about your opinion of new races. Blizzard is going to create new playable races, even if they dont make too much sense in lore or gameplay therms, Why? because the huge profit that they received for the race changes, which is paid with REAL MONEY.

For example, when cata was released a lot of people paid for change the race of their main pj to a worgen or a goblin, and now with mop, so far, 2 members of my core had paid to transform their characters in Pandareans (one for the racials because he also do pvp and the other just because he thinks that they look cool)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If the OP can tell me how a ranged spell caster can tank, I'm all ears

Shammy - like druid probably shapeshift into a tank.
    Warlock - summon a tank.
    Mage - How ?
    Priest - How ?
    Neither Mages or Priests would be tanks.The most logical hybrid route for Mages would be healing via Time magic. Priests are already hybrids, and their most logical direction would be towards an additional DPS spec.

Warlocks could tank by turning into Demons ala Dark Apotheosis. Just like they (almost) did in Beta.

This could be viable if Blizz cut down the number of spells we have in like half. We have so many damn buttons now that they should cut back regardless. For the expac, I would just like to see an overhaul of the classes, which will piss people off I'm sure because they'll have to relearn a new rotation.

It's easier to have a new class than making 4th spec. Less Specs overall to balance, considering you need new spells for every spec, and a new class is far more enticing to pick up and play a new expansion than adding to what you already have.

Also, gear distribution would be worsened with the former Pure DPSers rolling on loot they can use but don't need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    I will love to see a 4th spec for actual races, but as someone say, I will doubt that Blizzard will have the time to correctly implement 11 new specs, at least not for the next expansion (wich I assume is going to be released at the second half of the next year) I mean, that sounds good, but technically it is something very hard to do.

I mean, the 4th spec of the druid was not very problematic because it already existed in someway. Maybe they will add a 4th spec to 1 or 2 of the pure-dps classes but not for all the existing classes.

Oh and I totally disagree about your opinion of new races. Blizzard is going to create new playable races, even if they dont make too much sense in lore or gameplay therms, Why? because the huge profit that they received for the race changes, which is paid with REAL MONEY.

For example, when cata was released a lot of people paid for change the race of their main pj to a worgen or a goblin, and now with mop, so far, 2 members of my core had paid to transform their characters in Pandareans (one for the racials because he also do pvp and the other just because he thinks that they look cool)

Keep in mind, I'm not saying that Blizzard would never release another new race into the game ever again. What I'm saying is that Blizzard should probably take a break on introducing new races since the well is pretty much dry in terms of potential playable races in WoW. This is also compounded by the fact that Blizzard is currently working on remodeling the old races.

---------- Post added 2013-03-02 at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    It's easier to have a new class than making 4th spec. Less Specs overall to balance, considering you need new spells for every spec, and a new class is far more enticing to pick up and play a new expansion than adding to what you already have.

Also, gear distribution would be worsened with the former Pure DPSers rolling on loot they can use but don't need.
    I can honestly say that coming up with any of the four classes in my sig was a lot harder than devising new specs for each class in the game. In fact the latter was pretty darn easy, because the current classes already have established themes, abilities, and lore behind them.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-03-02 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyokuchaMidori View Post
    5 reasons why 4th spec will not be the next expansion.

1) Creating a 4th spec for 10 classes would be a huge amount of work, presumably better spent elsewhere (on thing like pet battle and such)
    I'm not sure if that is serious but if it is that is one of the funniest/most ridiculous things I have ever read on here. Time better spent on pet battles versus actual classes and specs?!!! Really?!!! I'm hoping I just failed at detecting sarcasm

No, please, no. Just make new Talent Trees and I'll be happy. More specs = more balancing. One of the things I hate in MoP is that they give EVERY CLASS almost EVERYTHING, I hate new CCs and new CDs.