10+ Year Old Account
    Good news, this didn't hurt nearly as much as I thought it would at all. It stings, but its not a jolt to the private parts with electrodes, heh. Here is an early, early, early, might not be done baking version of SimCraft results. It does not include the Mage bomb changes which might affect the standings significantly. Personally, that doesn't matter to me though, I only care about Demo.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T14H.html
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Who cares about tank and spank fights there are none now

Well, I was wrong. Really quite surprised they hit Demonology. Guess I'll be Destro for more than just Megaera now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Well, I was wrong. Really quite surprised they hit Demonology. Guess I'll be Destro for more than just Megaera now.
    Yep, surprised me too. Shame cause I was finally getting a bit better at Demo. Back to Destro offspec now, with high probability of playing that for anything serious, if the numbers are correct. I really don't think Demo needed this, especially not the dual hit of having both Corruption and Demo nerfed for them.

I strongly believe what I posted in the "Nerf Thread" as well as on the Blizzard Forums.

>Demonology is underperforming in raids and we want all 3 Warlock specs to be competitive.
    >Buff HoG, SdwFlme, ToC and SF by 15, 15, 15 and 22%.
    >Nerf Corruption because of Affliction and nerf Doom because of Demonology.

*Some time later*

>Realize Demonology uses Corruption and that Ghost Crawler is an idiot.
    >Reverts nerfs to Corruption for Demonology and makes them spec specific for Affliction.

That said, these nerfs bring Crit's value above Mastery's after 8097 Haste in my eyes. Again, everything is opinion based right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    That said, these nerfs bring Crit's value above Mastery's after 8097 Haste in my eyes. Again, everything is opinion based right now.
    A very large portion of our crit scaling comes from Doom, so much so that just getting the Lei Shen trinket is enough to completely devalue it. I strongly disagree that crits value would go up from a doom nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    A very large portion of our crit scaling comes from Doom, so much so that just getting the Lei Shen trinket is enough to completely devalue it. I strongly disagree that crits value would go up from a doom nerf.

Crit's value from Doom isn't because of damage, its because of Imps. Point for point, Mastery will always give more Doom damage than Crit, but Crit gives more damage overall because of Imps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crit's value from Doom isn't because of damage, its because of Imps. Point for point, Mastery will always give more Doom damage than Crit, but Crit gives more damage overall because of Imps.
    I am aware of that, however with Lei Shen being our BiS I don't think crit will ever be better then mastery this tier as long as you have that trinket.

Without it then yes, I can see crit being higher, but that isn't going to be a rule of thumb for the tier.

I am aware of that, however with Lei Shen being our BiS I don't think crit will ever be better then mastery this tier as long as you have that trinket.

Without it then yes, I can see crit being higher, but that isn't going to be a rule of thumb for the tier.

I was just talking baseline weights, not Lei Shen weights...

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just talking baseline weights, not Lei Shen weights...
    Heh sorry, got the trinket last night so that's where my mind is.

Heh sorry, got the trinket last night so that's where my mind is.
    Not everyone is so lucky.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2f...e=5946#Xyronic

This just in; Demo is just fine.

Pet sac Demo (remember me?), stacking haste > mastery > crit.

Logs are from our Heroic Jin'rokh kill.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

Quote Originally Posted by Xyronic View Post
    Pet sac Demo (remember me?), stacking haste > mastery > crit.
    Nice to see.

Pet sac demo, how does that work? You sac pet during DS times and re-summ after DS is over? Or do you keep the pet sac'd for the entire fight?

From the logs, the pet was never up for the whole fight.

I was wonder which 4 piece of tier would seems the bis(?) or because of thunderforge it doesn't matter as long as the off piece is thunderforge'd?

So from a lock's standpoint of not having unerring vision trinket or enough haste on my gear to get the 8097 breakpoint, would the best reforging option now to go haste (3036)>Crity>Mastery>haste?

You should probably inform your Destro locks that RoF is a single target dps increase. Treat it like an 8 second DoT that you never clip.

Good job on making Sac look viable, but I think the gimmick of the fight is the only reason you did more than you would have with Service.

You should probably inform your Destro locks that RoF is a single target dps increase. Treat it like an 8 second DoT that you never clip.

Good job on making Sac look viable, but I think the gimmick of the fight is the only reason you did more than you would have with Service.
    Only if the target is in the RoF for the full duration. Missing one tick makes it a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Only if the target is in the RoF for the full duration. Missing one tick makes it a loss.

Its Jin'rohk. As long as they don't play like morons, he'll be in it the entire time.

So if I understand this correctly we should go 8097 haste now and then stack either mastery / crit whatever ilvl we're at ? (Of course high enough ilvl to atleast hit the breakpoint)

Deleted
    Well with the doom nerf, wondering if that'll further increase the value of Lei Shen, since it'll shift doom from dot with imp procs into imp proc spell that happens to do some damage.

What irritates me the most is they're reverting the 25% buff to doom when they took away our meta "melee" swing, and then think we won't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by miscreant View Post
    So if I understand this correctly we should go 8097 haste now and then stack either mastery / crit whatever ilvl we're at ? (Of course high enough ilvl to atleast hit the breakpoint)
    Personally i'm only going for 8097 once i have Lei Shen trinket. Till then i'm 3036 > mastery > crit > haste, but that's because I'm destruction offspec and focusing more on mastery seems to help me use my gear for both specs (till i can build up dedicated gearsets again). Since demo stats seem so close anyways i'd probably advise looking at what your offspec favours and take some of that into account when reforging. Then again i could be a complete moron, but i like to think i know what i'm talking about :P
    Last edited by mmoc72a928fd88; 2013-03-13 at 08:13 AM.