Poll: What was your favorite tier of WoW to this point?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    Because Arthas himself is the single most recognizable, charismatic character from the only Warcraft game that ever mattered (The Frozen Throne) and the tales of the old gods is just some random crap.
    You mean Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    Because Arthas himself is the single most recognizable, charismatic character from the only Warcraft game that ever mattered (The Frozen Throne) and the tales of the old gods is just some random crap.
    I thought Arthas story was kinda lame after The Frozen Throne...the WoW Lore part was kinda meh and it's not hard to make a character charismatic when the whole xpac is dealing about him..but that may be only my opinion.

I'm surprised how many people like AQ40 over Naxxramas. The corpse runs alone made Naxxramas more fun.

I know Twin Emps and C'thun were fun encounters, but they alone can't possibly carry the entire instance to a higher level than Naxxramas, can they?

Ah well.

Most guilds havnt even cleared normal mode yet, and no guilds have cleared heroic modes yet. Its a bit early for this poll. I voted ToT because so far it has impressed me, but I must say I was tempted to vote ulduar but maybe nostalgia is a bit OP.

Content wise, this is definitely one of the better tiers. It is still struggling under the weight of bad direction on systems.

Casual guilds who do normal modes still get most of their upgrades outside of those raid instances, its still not alt friendly, and it still rewards time played much more than it rewards skill or knowledge.

I'd give the edge to Ulduar because of those issues and ulduar had real raid encounter innovations with its specialty hard modes, that innovation is something really creative the likes of which we hadn't seen before and haven't seen since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    Only 2/12 right now with some pulls on council, but so far it's quite depressing. Jin'rohk is pretty good but a bit easy, Horridon is a terrible fight and Council looks like it's just as bad. I really hate these total clusterfork fights with a billion different targets. It just feels like a total mess even when you kill it and I can't find any satisfaction in getting kills on those bosses. Looking at the later bosses seems like some of them are just as bad, like Durumu, Primordius and Dark Animus. Tortos, Iron Qon and Twin Consorts seem like fun though. The rest I don't really know how to feel about yet.

So far T14 seems like it was a better tier, where the only two bosses I really disliked was Elegon and Garalon. The rest ranged from pretty good to awesome. I prefered Dragon Soul to both T14 and T15 though.
    How can u say u liked dragonsoul more when almost all the fights were clusterfucks with a million adds? makes no sense...

Karazhan was, bar none, the best online game experience I ever had. Not simply raiding. I have never enjoyed this game more than during Karazhan.

I never experienced any WotLK raids while current so I cannot comment on Ulduar, but ToT is better than anything in Cata and T14 (although I did like MSV... HoF is hell and Terrace is so... forgettable).

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 10:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How can u say u liked dragonsoul more when almost all the fights were clusterfucks with a million adds? makes no sense...
    Really! You had THREE pure add fights. I mean literally, pure add fight. There were hardly any boss to them. Then you had 2 bosses with major add phases (if you did heroic zonozz)

Deleted
    Ulduar, ToT very very close

What happened to first tier from cataclysm? that was some pretty enjoyable raiding content as well.

The raid is great but I wish Ji-Kun never existed. Worst Boss World.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

What's so special about Karazhan I wonder... I mean it's alright but never been so special to me, nowhere near Ulduar in my opinion...

Deleted
    I dunno. I feel the balance in ToT is weird. Some early bosses are pretty hard, and some later bosses just roll over and die.

Gonna have to wait and see for heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    What's so special about Karazhan I wonder... I mean it's alright but never been so special to me, nowhere near Ulduar in my opinion...
    It's mostly because it had this REALLY eerie feel to it. It inspired some feeling in it unlike, really, any of the vanilla raids. It also was the first small raid size raid (unless you count strat-10). Also, the attunement grind in BC made it feel important to even be there.

bosses i seen so far all got great mechanics and thats for normal. heroic looks amazing, still far from over and someting tells me that method and blood legion may even clear it this week. but for me i love the new raid

don't realy like the rest .. dayli quests with 400 + people, pvp quests in the same place, unlocking part could be faster, still no 300 raid buff food, fucking tome for warlocks droprate is freaking low... but then again if i had all done i would be bored in 10sec after logging in again

It's pretty good but I still think T11 was the best tier they did. Great fights, felt tied into the story well and the way Nef interacted in the BWD Heroics was just fantastic. Felt really involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kara > Ulduar > BT > maybe ToT...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Karazhan was, bar none, the best online game experience I ever had. Not simply raiding. I have never enjoyed this game more than during Karazhan.

I never experienced any WotLK raids while current so I cannot comment on Ulduar, but ToT is better than anything in Cata and T14 (although I did like MSV... HoF is hell and Terrace is so... forgettable).

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 10:50 AM ----------

Really! You had THREE pure add fights. I mean literally, pure add fight. There were hardly any boss to them. Then you had 2 bosses with major add phases (if you did heroic zonozz)
    Exactly which is why that guy imo lost all creditably. Not because he liked dragon soul, but because the reason he hated tot was that they were add clusterfucks and thats exactly what DS was but more. I havent raiding ToT, but ive seen most of the videos, and it looks pretty epic.

Quote Originally Posted by vaccine View Post
    It's pretty good but I still think T11 was the best tier they did. Great fights, felt tied into the story well and the way Nef interacted in the BWD Heroics was just fantastic. Felt really involved.
    I wasn't really a "hardcore" raider in T11 and I hated it with a passion. We couldn't get past Tron Council or Valiona for weeks. Then we were stuck on Maloriak for weeks.

Really nice patch this far. Hopefully lei-shen dies today so we can start HC next week

Deleted
    Only tried LFR but I must say it's the most enjoyable raid since Ulduar!