Poll: Your Opinion about the addition of Third Talent Spec

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thoughts on Tri-Spec

What are your thoughts on Tri-Spec maybe coming in 5.3.

I am firmly a Enh when on my own, Resto when in a group kinda guy but I may try out an ele spec if they do add this.
    Last edited by DeWumpus; 2013-03-26 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Poll Added
    I can stand the sight of worms,
    And look at microscopic germs,
    But Technicolor pachyderms,
    Is really too much for me.

Tragic victim of Altitis

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care. Good for anyone who has use for a third spec. But for me... nope, won't get an enhance spec. I might give my priest a holy spec if push comes to shove... but actually... nah, disc and shadow are enough. As are ele and resto. I can't imagine dragging 4 gearsets around. I already have resto, ele and pvp. Somebody kill me or give me 100 slot bags if I need 1-2 sets more ^^

Deleted
    I dont care tbh, its so easy these days to switch, the only thing that you still need to manage is your gear.

[Off-Topic]
    Isn't this question a bit too general to be in the Shaman class forums?
    [/Off-Topic]

While I don't particularly care about it, it's pretty cool and I'll probably end up getting it just because I can.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Im all for it, its nice to be able to dip your toes in the other specs and try em out without too much micro management.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda of think this might be the April Fool Days joke.

Its most likely there for the new "assign spec for loot in LFR/LFD" thingy, so you can have all specs and designate loot for any of them on a whim, instead of going back to town every time you want something different from a boss.

not gonna use it much, my shaman is the only class I can play well in three different specs anyway, so cool stuff, appreciated, but not gonna change much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    I kinda of think this might be the April Fool Days joke.
    Could be, though a very bad one. Tri-spec isn't that much of a feature unless you have to relearn specs even with dual spec often, and even then it is merely a little saving of money.

On another note: if those blue posts (10% hp totems) where the april's fools...omg the rage q
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

i love to pvp, but im mainly a pve player, so i hate changing talents and my ui over and over, its a pain, specially if i pvp'd the night before raid, never fails i run late at work get home and raid starts oh crap my stuff is all screwed up. so imma love this change if it truely happens.

Deleted
    I'm looking forward to this, if it makes it to retail and isn't the april fools joke! Honestly, I won't have much use for it on my shaman, though it'll be great on my other characters - especially my druid.

Quote Originally Posted by damescool View Post
    i love to pvp, but im mainly a pve player, so i hate changing talents and my ui over and over, its a pain, specially if i pvp'd the night before raid, never fails i run late at work get home and raid starts oh crap my stuff is all screwed up. so imma love this change if it truely happens.
    Pretty much the same for me. If I could have my pvp setup along with my Tank/DPS and heal/dps it would be a nice quality of life change. It's nothing major, not gamebreaking and it's not something I NEED, but it will be a nice QOL thing. If they didn't do it I wouldn't be upset, but I'm looking forward to it.

So other than druids, every class will have every spec and can easily swap to the flavor of the month depending on what gets nerfed or buffed. I have mixed feelings.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beriohtarion View Post
    I dont care tbh, its so easy these days to switch, the only thing that you still need to manage is your gear.

[Off-Topic]
    Isn't this question a bit too general to be in the Shaman class forums?
    [/Off-Topic]
    Wanted opinions from a shaman presp. If I had been Ele/Resto, I would not have liked the idea of carrying around both int and agi gear. (I already do that as Enh/Reso so I don't care)

Tragic victim of Altitis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBanana View Post
    So other than druids, every class will have every spec and can easily swap to the flavor of the month depending on what gets nerfed or buffed. I have mixed feelings.
    Because having dual-spec and having to go to the trainer to change one specialization was a real deterrent to this? Tri-spec isn't going to make a difference unless you are one of the minority of players who swap between three roles/specs regularly.

pretty cool for "pure" classes but quite "meh" for others as i cant really imagine collecting all these sets for different things
    not really looking for it but i quess it will be nice for my rogue (only a few different buttons difference in different specs) and lock, cba getting int gear and dont have much room in my macros to make mw work for my monk tho so yeah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    What caused you to not be interested in trying an elemental spec in the dual spec system. Was it the gold cost, the action bars or something more different? I am not trying to be a jerk, I am genuinely interested. In the few threads I have visited regarding this subject, I have seen a handful of people mention this as something they would do.

As for the presence of tri-spec, it doesn't mean anything to me one way or the other. It will be nice for those who have asked for it, but in the end, it won't be enough and people will start asking for more. (Unless it's druids... in which case, that request has already been made. :P)
    I always have been Enh. When dual spec was introduced, I got a resto spec to be more useful in groups (My guild at the time needed healers). Once LFD hit my Resto spec turned out be REALLY useful but I still liked the Enh playstyle. Even though I don't raid anymore, I still use my Resto spec for LFD but when soloing or for scenarios I have Enh. I have always been curious about how Ele would play but didn't wanna go thro the hassle of respeccing and setting up bars and stuff so my ele experimenting has always been with either alts (which i end up abandoning at some point) or PTR premades. A tri-spec would allow me to setup a ele spec (setup for pvp maybe) and play that when bored.

Tragic victim of Altitis

I'm happy about it. For most classes I wouldn't care, but there are a couple where I like all three specs. It'll be nice to be able to use them all.

Deleted
    i usually play feral/resto but it will be really nice to have the option to go boomkin in bgs and tab dot to my hearts content its a good idea overall and a nice little quality of life fix for some classes, others probably wont feel the same benefits.

Starting to think they should remove talent spec entirely and just give everyone access to whatever at the push of a button and remove any concept of choice or results of a decision from the game.

And make all Alliance humans and all Horde orcs while they're at it.

Homogenize....everything.

It's not going to ruin WoW, I just don't see it as being a good design decision to take MMOs further and further down the path of instant everything, consequence nothing.

If they give me another 15-16 bag slots, then this would be cool.